2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

I think Jackson is a 2-year deal. It might actually even be a 1-year deal, depending on how he plays. 

There is a big decision built into his contract before next season. On the 3rd day of the 2022 league year, his salary for that season becomes guaranteed, as does a $5M roster bonus that is due that same day. If he doesn’t fit into the team/scheme well, they can bail then. It would be a costly mistake (basically a 1/$17M deal) — but better to get out after a year than pay the full 3/$40M to a player who isn’t really working. 

The other option would be a 2/$28M exit ramp (which would save us about $12.75M on the 2023 cap, compared to the current $17.75M number). 

The more I look at it, the more it kinda looks like a deal that was meant to eventually be restructured — but I just don’t know that a 29-year-old CB whose game is based around speed is the kind of player for whom we’ll be wanting to push more money forward into the future. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Kenny Golladay wants 18.5M/Year.

Glad we didn't spend that. That's what Terry McLaurin should be making when he gets extended.

Less than Cooper got, should have taken advantage duirng a year when others don't have money. The cap will go back up.

55 minutes ago, rizzy said:

Less than Cooper got, should have taken advantage duirng a year when others don't have money. The cap will go back up.

Too much money for a WR coming off a hip injury who’s only had one season when he was worthy of making that much $.

I’m with my boy Slappy, spend that $ on Terry, not on Golladay. I’d rather keep our own, draft and develop our own and sign guys like Samuel who we know and who fits our system already.

Edited by turtle28

5 hours ago, rizzy said:

I agree.

We overpaid a bit for Samuel.  Golladay is the cream of the crop.  Samuel is a good flex player but he isn't a true premium WR.  He is a solid #2 at best. 

Washington badly needs a quality starter @ MLB. Albeit not special, Kevin Pierre-Louis was a solid player for us. Bostic doesn’t cut it and there are still some FAs left.

Drafting a young LB in the first 3 rounds will be imperative, but I’m confident Washington will draft an OT @ 19 if they don’t move up for a QB.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Washington badly needs a quality starter @ MLB. Albeit not special, Kevin Pierre-Louis was a solid player for us. Bostic doesn’t cut it and there are still some FAs left.

Drafting a young LB in the first 3 rounds will be imperative, but I’m confident Washington will draft an OT @ 19 if they don’t move up for a QB.

So I keep hear things that Micah Parsons might fall bc of character concerns.  Is there anybody that has heard anything about the real story about the fight with his teammate?  That would be incredible for him to fall to us, and/but would want to make sure he could get along with the team.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, daskins said:

So I keep hear things that Micah Parsons might fall bc of character concerns.  Is there anybody that has heard anything about the real story about the fight with his teammate?  That would be incredible for him to fall to us, and/but would want to make sure he could get along with the team.  

If Parsons falls to 19…?

You run to the podium, while tripping on wires & as you fall...you sling the card to Goodell & hope he catches it.

Parsons is gonna be a stud.

It would be a bigger steal, than sweat falling to the 20's to us, imo.

• Like 2