2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

7 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The tweet said, "If we remove QB from the discussion".  Plus, he clarified his original tweet in a reply as well:

I’m not including QB. I just don’t see how we have even close to a top 10 roster? No LT, Schweitzer played well at LG but wasn’t great, we have one legit TE, nothing at LB, one really good safety and another coming off of injury. And while I really do like Curtis Samuel I’m not exactly sure he’s a #2 receiver? All have to read more about why he thinks that’s the case. I don’t mean to just put his tweet down I’m just not sure how he came to that conclusion is all? 

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m not including QB. I just don’t see how we have even close to a top 10 roster? No LT, Schweitzer played well at LG but wasn’t great, we have one legit TE, nothing at LB, one really good safety and another coming off of injury. And while I really do like Curtis Samuel I’m not exactly sure he’s a #2 receiver? All have to read more about why he thinks that’s the case. I don’t mean to just put his tweet down I’m just not sure how he came to that conclusion is all? 

We know our own holes extremely well, but when it comes to other teams, we usually only know their good players.  I think it would surprise you how good our roster is (outside of QB and LB) compared to the rest of the league. 

He has the position rankings in that table I referenced, if you're curious.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I actually kinda agree with this. It’s why I think if you go BPA and you steal a Mond in the 3rd man you just never know. We have some talent and I’ve seen talented rosters really make good QB’s who needed to develop actually develop and hit their ceiling. I know he probably wouldn’t play this season but I think he could push Fitz.

John Keim seems to think they like Trask

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

John Keim seems to think they like Trask

Well we’re screwed. They hold go from Kyle smith classes to waisting a pick on trash I mean Trask. This dude doesn’t have it I’m sorry. If they draft a guy who got benched by his team in his bowl game when he showed what he really is without the best TE prispect I’ve ever scouted and Toney a top 5 WR in a loaded class. Like I’m not a betting man but this guy screams Nathan Peterman. He doesn’t process quick enough and you take away the wide open plays and the just jump balls to Pitts this guy is just not good I’m sorry. I’ll admit there’s holes in Monds game and he can bust this guy is a sure fire mistake before the 6th round!!!

I know I can very much be wrong about every one of these guys. But this guy just doesn’t have it. If Mills or Mond or any of these top guys played for Florida this season they are playing in the playoffs no question. That team had real top flight NFL football talent on it. There is just no way a team can look at this guy and make him a day one or even day two pick. And believe me if they do I wouldn’t be suprised. It happens all the time. But that type of selection will lead to someone getting fired. 

Edited by ripsean21

6 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Well we’re screwed. They hold go from Kyle smith classes to waisting a pick on trash I mean Trask. This dude doesn’t have it I’m sorry. If they draft a guy who got benched by his team in his bowl game when he showed what he really is without the best TE prispect I’ve ever scouted and Toney a top 5 WR in a loaded class. Like I’m not a betting man but this guy screams Nathan Peterman. He doesn’t process quick enough and you take away the wide open plays and the just jump balls to Pitts this guy is just not good I’m sorry. I’ll admit there’s holes in Monds game and he can bust this guy is a sure fire mistake before the 6th round!!!

I know I can very much be wrong about every one of these guys. But this guy just doesn’t have it. If Mills or Mond or any of these top guys played for Florida this season they are playing in the playoffs no question. That team had real top flight NFL football talent on it. There is just no way a team can look at this guy and make him a day one or even day two pick. And believe me if they do I wouldn’t be suprised. It happens all the time. But that type of selection will lead to someone getting fired. 

Nathan Peterman?!?! Shame.... you just discredited your scouting perspective tremendously.

• Like 2

Of course we have have a top 5 roster! We have no holes! 😂 jk

Seriously, I don’t know how some of these guys who report on the NFL stay employed sometimes. 

Our roster is middle of the road, at best we’re 10-6 but that’s highly unlikely.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, Troublez said:

Nathan Peterman?!?! Shame.... you just discredited your scouting perspective tremendously.

We shall see. That Oklahoma tape looked pretty petermanish. He has bad tape. We will see the guy has amazing ball placement with no pressure. With pressure he looks bad. So yes if I take the crazy highlight catches that only one person in the country could have made and did and factor in hs career what I’ve seen yes I’m sorry he’s not someone I even want on my roster. Trust me Pitts and Toney are dogs!!! And Grimes was a go get it guy as well. But we will see my QB takes are never popular.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Didn’t realize that Quinton Dunbar was a free agent till I just saw him on a list on Instagram. I guess he didn’t impress enough in Seattle. Just 6 games last year as he was shut down with a knee injury. 

He struggle big time in Seattle. He’s a good player but he talked himself out of a good situation. He should’ve played out the year with us and then hit free agency. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He struggle big time in Seattle. He’s a good player but he talked himself out of a good situation. He should’ve played out the year with us and then hit free agency. 

True but he probably would’ve gotten hurt anyway if he had stayed and we wouldn’t have signed Darby if we had kept Dunbar. All in all it worked out for the best that he was traded.