2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

52 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It’s pretty shocking they’ve done absolutely nothing at LB. I mean, it was a major weakness last season and we’ve just ignored it lol

What do you mean nothing?? They signed DAVID MAYO!!

/s

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It’s pretty shocking they’ve done absolutely nothing at LB. I mean, it was a major weakness last season and we’ve just ignored it lol

Who's left? We were in on a couple of the top level guys, but they took other offers. I would expect we have to target a playmaker at the LB position early. If we get a guy like J.O.K. we could move Holcomb inside to MLB.

I know we all were hoping for Lavonte David, but he resigned in TB. Our best bet is in the draft at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Saw that Malik Hooker is visiting with the cowboys. I hope he leaves unsigned and we bring him in. I think it’s a low risk - high reward signing with him. He stays healthy and he’s really good. He can be this years Ronald Darby. 

I 100% agree with you.

But feeling I'm getting from reporters and the info coming out is they are prepared to wait til draft and if they don't get a saftey then sign Tre Boston

14 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Who's left? We were in on a couple of the top level guys, but they took other offers. I would expect we have to target a playmaker at the LB position early. If we get a guy like J.O.K. we could move Holcomb inside to MLB.

I know we all were hoping for Lavonte David, but he resigned in TB. Our best bet is in the draft at this point.

Even just depth. It would be nice to bring Foster back considering we’ve had him on the roster for three years. Seems silly to keep him until his healthy and then let him walk unless his knee injury really is career threatening. 

17 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I won’t make fun of the Giants signing Kenny Golladay. At least they’re giving their young QB real weapons with the hopes he’ll succeed. 

I agree, kinda feels weird doing a touchdown dance about getting Samuel for cheaper than Golladay. Of course we got Samuel for less — he’s been a significantly lesser player, so that should have been expected. 

I’m warming up to Samuel (largely because of how stoked he and Terry are to play together), but the guy has never even been an effective WR2. He was an excellent WR3 last year, but we’re asking him to step up to a level he’s never yet attained. Golladay, on the other hand, has been a legit WR1. His 72 yards/game over the last 3 seasons ranks right between Keenan Allen and Chris Godwin (9th among WRs with 25+ games). He’s a constant threat for a big play, and he delivers with regularity. 

I wasn’t really stoked about the idea of giving Golladay big money because of our scheme, which doesn’t really seem to incorporate much of the deep ball or the 50/50 contested throws. I would have loved Godwin, oh how perfect that would have been...but I digress. Anyway, I’m fine with passing on Golladay, because he’s not really a fit for us, but he’s still been a better player than Samuel. So I don’t consider it some kind of win for us in the exchange. 

Also, as I’ve said before, prior to this past season, everyone would have considered Samuel the bigger injury risk. Maybe the hip injury is a long-term problem, but otherwise it feels like recency bias creeping in to see Golladay as injury prone and Samuel as ole reliable. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I was trying to find what free agent LB’s that were left and one guy caught my eye, Devondre Campbell. He’s only 27 and has played well. Isaiah Simmons was drafted and doesn’t seem to have a place with Arizona. Many free agents are 30 years and above, not that much out there. I think he would be a nice addition and I guess if not FA then the draft as others have mentioned. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I was trying to find what free agent LB’s that were left and one guy caught my eye, Devondre Campbell. He’s only 27 and has played well. Isaiah Simmons was drafted and doesn’t seem to have a place with Arizona. Many free agents are 30 years and above, not that much out there. I think he would be a nice addition and I guess if not FA then the draft as others have mentioned. 

I also like Campbell think his length and quickness underneath would really help the underneath pass defense

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I have a feeling Isaiah Simmons will get traded by the start of next season. If you can’t really get on the field as a top 10 pick then it doesn’t bode well for your future with that team. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Even just depth. It would be nice to bring Foster back considering we’ve had him on the roster for three years. Seems silly to keep him until his healthy and then let him walk unless his knee injury really is career threatening. 

That’s a big assumption in that he’s healthy. 

1 hour ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I know he’s not a free agent, but the Jets are shopping C.J. Mosley. Any interest there? Would fill a need at MLB, but the guy is pretty overpaid. 

I would do it.... adding him would make our defense elite.... like next level type of ish. 

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Wide receiver ? Are we done -maybe draft one ? T Y Hilton and Sammy Watkins still on the board and getting cheaper by the day .  

I think we definitely still need that outside guy, whether you give Harmon/Sims the shot or draft someone/bring someone in.