2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah I mean we could always draft the next Wes Martin.

Teams draft busts all the time.  But guess what?  The good ones always stockpile picks, so it doesn't matter if they get a bad egg.  The Ravens, Seahawks, Steelers, etc don't need to worry about signing a veteran 30 year old OL who has one season of double digit starts because they've got the next guy up, and probably the next guy behind him, while they prepare to draft the guy behind him.  

• Like 1

As I always say....

It's not what you know...

It's who you know...

I don't mind the player/coach connections one bit.

It's better to do that, than give a guy a 5 yr/100M dollar deal. Then watch him flopping around like a fish on Defense as he lays on the ground.

You use FA to fill gaps & needs

You use the draft to build your team/future.

Not a hard concept to grasp, gentleman.

• Like 1

I’m just going to say it, I don’t like the William Jackson signing. I don’t like that he’s almost 29-years old and we gave him big money. I know it sounds like nitpicking but I’m just not a fan of the deal. I think he’s a really good player though. 

38 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m just going to say it, I don’t like the William Jackson signing. I don’t like that he’s almost 29-years old and we gave him big money. I know it sounds like nitpicking but I’m just not a fan of the deal. I think he’s a really good player though. 

He might be 29 soon. But he’s only been in the league for 4 years. So that has to count for something. Also it’s only a 3 year contract, I think it’s reasonable to say that we won’t see an age based drop off in performance during his tenure here. I do understand your argument of not paying the secondary a whole lot when having a good D-Line. But I think it’s a balance between the two, I don’t think a good d line will make trash corners look good, but help average to above average corners look and play even better. 

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

As I always say....

It's not what you know...

It's who you know...

In the real world, yes. But the NFL isn't the real world. Often, it's what you know or think you know that sets you apart from the rest.