2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If this team is starting a 40-year old Fitzpatrick going into year three of Rivera then he’s badly failed as a team builder. 

It stabilizes the position until the right guy comes along, which could be as soon as next month in the draft. Could be next offseason. Bottom line is Fitz was playing good ball for Miami until Flores pulled the rug out from under him. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Won’t give a 27-year old who was basically your most consistent corner $10M a year but we’ll pay a 38-year old QB going on his 9th team $12M lol. Rivera will be gone in two seasons. I’m calling it now. This is why you don’t hire retreads. 

Yeah, I'm actually kinda ticked we didn't sign Darby to $10m/year.

Agreed on Darby - We aren't going to find anything better at that price aside from using our 1st, maybe 2nd on a corner.   I am excited about Fitzpatrick - we have a strong D and he has the most upside we have had in the past 30 years other than 2012 RG3.  Might make it more appealing for Golladay, Fuller, or Henry, etc   A guy that has easy 4K+yd ability might make it a little easier and cheaper to get those type of guys in.

59 minutes ago, daskins said:

Agreed on Darby - We aren't going to find anything better at that price aside from using our 1st, maybe 2nd on a corner.   I am excited about Fitzpatrick - we have a strong D and he has the most upside we have had in the past 30 years other than 2012 RG3.  Might make it more appealing for Golladay, Fuller, or Henry, etc   A guy that has easy 4K+yd ability might make it a little easier and cheaper to get those type of guys in.

There’s vets out there you can get that may be older but still very good for a one year deal until we get our long term guy. Sherman, Hayward, and Peterson are 3 that come to mind that should be a 1 year deal contract for under 10 mill a season, all of them can still play well and we don’t need an elite guy with the pass rush we have

5 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

There’s vets out there you can get that may be older but still very good for a one year deal until we get our long term guy. Sherman, Hayward, and Peterson are 3 that come to mind that should be a 1 year deal contract for under 10 mill a season, all of them can still play well and we don’t need an elite guy with the pass rush we have

We had a long term guy. He just proved it on the field like Rivera wanted. I mean, this is the reason why he moved on from Dunbar and Trent Williams. He needed them to prove it to him first. Darby did and he didn’t reward him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Also, I still want us to sign Richard Sherman. Kind of a pipe dream but he is still a good cover corner. 

There’s lots of talk here in NY that Sherman wants to play for Saleh with the Jets. 
Of the free agent corners left I’m pulling for us to sign Mackenzie Alexander. Really liked the kid coming out of Clemson

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If we went into this off-season with $54M in cap space and come away with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Marvin Jones I’ll just laugh. An old *** QB and receiver. 

I actually wouldn't mind Marvin Jones. He isnt at the top of my list, but he is a good option to take some attention off Terry.

44 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

There’s lots of talk here in NY that Sherman wants to play for Saleh with the Jets. 
Of the free agent corners left I’m pulling for us to sign Mackenzie Alexander. Really liked the kid coming out of Clemson

As long as it's not Shaquill Griffen we are good. Seen enough of him living in Washington State, hard pass.

I'm not that hurt letting Darby go too. He played well, but he wasn't our top CB. I think he is pretty replaceable.