2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

He definitely fits he plays the position we tried to use clowney & wake at DE/ rush LB Leo role 

I meant more because of the age

He’s not old but ideally Dupree or Lawson would be a better investment than a 32 year old Dunlap 

If the Titans are going to spend big money on that position you would ideally want them to sign a 25 year old Lawson or 28 year old Dupree

Some bargain players I can see them going after.

Kerry Hayder Jr- 49ers. Could take Jack Crawford's spot. Had 8.5 sacks last year.
Golden Tate- Giants- Could take Humphries spot as 3rd WR. Has more RAC ability than Humph. Not explosive but could provide that vet reliability. Could draft a guy in the first two rounds if Corey leaves to try to be a #2. Or if Corey stays, draft a guy in the 3rd-5th round to be a speed/deep threat to go with Brown, Davis and Tate. 
Ryan Kerrigan- Should be able to be a good OLB starter. Draft an OLB early that can get some reps on passing downs while they learn the game.  Maybe a NASCAR package with Landry, Simmons, Kerrigan and Young draft pick.
Kyle Rudolph-Vikings:  Maybe an 1 year deal. Depending on how important they are going to treat the TE Spot. If we only gonna target the guy 3-4 times, no reason to spend $5 million plus. 

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Some bargain players I can see them going after.

Kerry Hayder Jr- 49ers. Could take Jack Crawford's spot. Had 8.5 sacks last year.
Golden Tate- Giants- Could take Humphries spot as 3rd WR. Has more RAC ability than Humph. Not explosive but could provide that vet reliability. Could draft a guy in the first two rounds if Corey leaves to try to be a #2. Or if Corey stays, draft a guy in the 3rd-5th round to be a speed/deep threat to go with Brown, Davis and Tate. 
Ryan Kerrigan- Should be able to be a good OLB starter. Draft an OLB early that can get some reps on passing downs while they learn the game.  Maybe a NASCAR package with Landry, Simmons, Kerrigan and Young draft pick.
Kyle Rudolph-Vikings:  Maybe an 1 year deal. Depending on how important they are going to treat the TE Spot. If we only gonna target the guy 3-4 times, no reason to spend $5 million plus. 

I like this list overall but I think after the issues we've just gone through with Wilson, we're probably going to avoid people like Tate who got in to a fist fight with Ramsey(though I don't blame him given what Ramsey did to Tate's sister), and then getting suspended for this:

New York Giants wide receiver Golden Tate did not travel with the team Saturday and will be inactive for Sunday's game against Washington as part of the discipline from his actions during and after last week's loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Tate was told to stay home Wednesday while the Giants practiced and spent most of the rest of the week working with the scout team. On Friday, coach Joe Judge did not rule out the possibility of the veteran wide receiver not being active for the divisional matchup.

"I'm going to discuss a lot of possibilities Friday after practice," Judge said.

Tate was caught on camera yelling "Throw me the ball" after his spectacular leaping touchdown grab late in the fourth quarter Monday night put the Giants in position to tie the score. His wife, Elise, ranted that night on Instagram about his lack of opportunities, and Tate later liked a tweet that suggested he should be cut and given an opportunity to sign elsewhere.

Not the biggest offense in the world I suppose but I think we'd all rather keep stuff like that away from the team if possible.

43 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Top FA receiver off the board. CD price going higher and higher....

I would guess these are the teams that will come calling for Davis.

Titans
Ravens
Lions
Raiders
Colts
Patriots
Jets
Dolphins
Washington 
Jaguars

If he wants to go, he will have a lot of choices.