2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

I know a lot of people are freaked out at cutting Butler and possibly losing Davis and Jonnu, but having 4 picks in the top 100 and 20m+ cap space will still allow us to add some difference makers. I’m willing to bet our entire draft and top FA acquisitions won’t be complete nothing burgers again. I think Robinson will deliver with his back against the wall.

• Like 1

I think my biggest gripe with JRob at the moment (outside of him allowing Vrabel to keep Bowen as DC) is not finding a way to resign Jonnu last offseason. 

Jonnu fits everything Vrabel wants in a player and has been an underrated piece to this offense since he was drafted. He’s also progressively gotten better every year. I thought he was perfect guy to resign before his price went up and/or he hit free agency. Now I’m on sitting on pins and needles waiting to see if we bring him back.

3 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I think my biggest gripe with JRob at the moment (outside of him allowing Vrabel to keep Bowen as DC) is not finding a way to resign Jonnu last offseason. 

Jonnu fits everything Vrabel wants in a player and has been an underrated piece to this offense since he was drafted. He’s also progressively gotten better every year. I thought he was perfect guy to resign before his price went up and/or he hit free agency. Now I’m on sitting on pins and needles waiting to see if we bring him back.

you cant be mad at jrob for that. both sides likely didnt want to get an extention done. jonnu was coming into his first season as TE1. he had done nothing to that point to warrant a big money contract. he knew this past season was the season for him to put up big numbers to get a big contract and he did that somewhat.. it takes two to tango, so you cant put that all on robinson.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I’m not a subscriber 

Is anyone in here one?

The issue was patellar tendinitis.

It’s an injury most common for athletes who squat or jump a lot, a strain and fraying of the tendon that attaches the quad and the tibia.

Typical treatment involves decreasing stress on the tendon and stretching and strengthening of the involved hamstring and quad muscles, especially with eccentric, or negative, exercises. Platelet-rich plasma injections are a common course of treatment.

Hamstring tightness is often a connected problem.

It's unclear if Jackson had surgery as a result of the injury, though an orthopedist unfamiliar with Jackson's case who walked me through it said 95 percent of cases do not require a procedure.

There may have been some debate between Jackson and the team about what comfort level was necessary for him to return to action.

Jackson's agent, Rocky Arceneaux, initially indicated he wanted to discuss this story but then ultimately didn't respond.

They are really flexing on that salary cap. Working magic not to create any holes on their roster. Because you know the offensive line was so great for them in the Super Bowl and Mahomes. So they won't create any more problems with that by releasing both their starting OTs due to salary cap.

17 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

They are really flexing on that salary cap. Working magic not to create any holes on their roster. Because you know the offensive line was so great for them in the Super Bowl and Mahomes. So they won't create any more problems with that by releasing both their starting OTs due to salary cap.

Schwartz is allegedly retiring due to his back injury which led to his release. Even still, if the cap was a myth you wouldn't see KC release a Pro Bowl level tackle. Especially after how we saw TB abuse that OL without him.

16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yes, two veterans, one with back problems that might retire and one with a torn achilles. 

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Yes, two veterans, one with back problems that might retire and one with a torn achilles. 

I knew the line would be moved regarding them. lol

We release a WR that underperfomred and had a terrible injury.
A aging and slowing safety that also missed games with injuries.
And a questionable CB release that was 31 and making a high number in a cap tight year.

We do those things all which are resonable but Titans are foolish and can't manage the cap?

Adoree had an injury so by logic we should be able to cut him too right?
Both those tackles played well for the Chiefs last year. Yes injured at the end. But are they not creating "Massive Holes" with these releases?

Just now, KingTitan said:

I knew the line would be moved regarding them. lol

We release a WR that underperfomred and had a terrible injury.
A aging and slowing safety that also missed games with injuries.
And a questionable CB release that was 31 and making a high number in a cap tight year.

We do those things all which are resonable but Titans are foolish and can't manage the cap?

Adoree had an injury so by logic we should be able to cut him too right?
Both those tackles played well for the Chiefs last year. Yes injured at the end. But are they not creating "Massive Holes" with these releases?

They’re two players that probably wouldn’t contribute next year. Fisher tore his Achilles in the playoffs, he’s not playing in 2021, he had to be released. Schwartz might retire. These aren’t desperation moves because of the cap, they’re common sense moves.

I have no problems with the Humphries and Vaccaro cuts. They were always going to happen. I have a problem with the lack of creativity to avoid cutting your CB1 and opening up yet another hole on a defense that is littered with holes. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

They’re two players that probably wouldn’t contribute next year. Fisher tore his Achilles in the playoffs, he’s not playing in 2021, he had to be released. Schwartz might retire. These aren’t desperation moves because of the cap, they’re common sense moves.

I have no problems with the Humphries and Vaccaro cuts. They were always going to happen. I have a problem with the lack of creativity to avoid cutting your CB1 and opening up yet another hole on a defense that is littered with holes. 

I'm not speaking from any source of inside knowledge on this, but it does take two to want to restructure. You can't just say hey let's do this or that. 

But this tweet chain also explains the way it potentitally helps for this year with FAs.
All I'm saying is let's see how it plays out before marching with pitchforks about the release of Malcom Butler who had a good season last year, but is far from irreplaceable. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I'm not speaking from any source of inside knowledge on this, but it does take two to want to restructure. You can't just say hey let's do this or that. 

Not that it really matters, but just since I’ve seen this a few places, there’s no downside to restructuring for a player. It’s turning salary into signing bonus. It both gives the player money upfront instead of having to wait through the season and it makes it more difficult to cut them in the next year or two.