2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

I really get the feeling we're not going to spend big on one or two defensive players and instead we are looking to completely rebuild with a bunch of just new talent. DaQuan looks like he's gone, Butler is gone, Vaccaro is gone, Clowney is gone, King is gone, looks like Brown is gone, appears we're ready to move on from Evans or at least try to find him a new spot

It sounds like were pretty high on players like Fulton to replace Butler, Hooker to replace Vaccaro, I've heard we're pretty high on Teair Tart who could replace DaQuan, I think most of us like David long a lot who could replace Brown or Evans. We need a lot of players to just fill the roster and I think we may look to fill out the roster with quantity instead of one or two high profile veterans and then turn to the draft to find a difference maker. 

So with A.J. Brown being our #1 WR who’s are #2 and #3. As the roster looks right now there’s Chester Rogers, Marcus Johnson, Cameron Batson, Mason Kinsey, Rashad Davis, Nick Westbrook-Ikhine. 
I don’t really think there gonna make a move at anymore free agents so who you got where From WR 2-6

also I like Dyami Brown of UNC in the 2nd round and Austin Watkins Jr. of UAB in the 3 or 4 round

Edited by Titans1989

3 hours ago, Titans1989 said:

So with A.J. Brown being our #1 WR who’s are #2 and #3. As the roster looks right now there’s Chester Rogers, Marcus Johnson, Cameron Batson, Mason Kinsey, Rashad Davis, Nick Westbrook-Ikhine. 
I don’t really think there gonna make a move at anymore free agents so who you got where From WR 2-6

also I like Dyami Brown of UNC in the 2nd round and Austin Watkins Jr. of UAB in the 3 or 4 round

I want Josh Reynolds and a high pick rookie either 1st or 2nd round 

5 hours ago, Titans1989 said:

I don’t see any way they don’t sign at least one WR in FA. No way you can go into the draft with two HUGE holes at WR plus TE. Have to fill at least slot WR or #2 WR. Robinson or Reynolds could definitely fill the #2 role. Then draft someone like Elijah Moore, Rondale Moore, Amari Rodgers, Tutu Atwell, or D’wayne Eskridge in the 2nd or 3rd round. I’d ideally like to wait on receiver considering it is such a deep draft and how neglected the defense has been the past few years. Still would love a front 7 player in the 1st. Perhaps a Christian Barmore, Jaelan Phillips, or another rusher. We still have a ton of needs IMO. WR2, slot WR, TE, K, IDL, EDGE depth, CBx2. Signing Reynolds, Kerrigan/Ingram/Houston, and maybe bring back Jones would help shrink those needs a lot. Slot WR, TE, K, IDL depth EDGE depth(rookie in the mid rounds maybe to develop behind the top 3), and two CBs. Hell of a lot easier going into the draft just signing those 3 guys who at this point shouldn’t cost that much.

My view of the needs are going to differ from most.

I think:

1. WR- We have just AJ that is a certified playmaker. We have bodies and some with NFL experience like Chester Rodgers and Cam Batson. Both should be no higher than an rotation of 3rd WR at most, based on our offense. I think we sign a vet and draft a WR high. Then get one again maybe round 4 or 5 and prioritize it with our Undrafted FA.  

2-Edge- Need someone to back up Landry and Dupree. Someone to be in the rotation and reduce the snaps for Dupree and Landry.

3-  CB- Fulton and Jenkins are the starters. People don't like to hear that but that is the view of the organization right now. Borders was resigned and he can back up someone on the edge. We need to get a guy that can play good snaps and be ready to step in and be a starter next year. Ideally they would compete with Jenkins for the spot this coming season. 

4. LB-I think we need to think of who is going to replace Evans or who can take his spot. 

5-TE- Firkser and Swaim are back. They could start at TE in this offense if needed. We ideally want to draft someone that can do it all and be a starter. And bring in one more Vet. Preferably one that can do it all and compete for a starting spot. But I'm not expecting many more resources at this spot in Free Agency. 

6.  DL- I think we need to sign a vet that plays the run well. Someone cheap. We are going to be in Nickel most of the time so a guy that can come and play at the minimum. I think they like Tart and they have Murchinson still in the fray. Draft a big guy too. 

7.  OT- A guy that can come in and be depth and/or compete for a spot. I think Robinson has this higher, but I don't want to draft an OT high.

Then every position could use some fresh depth. 
I can see them signing a Safety, EDGE, and WR in Free Agency.