2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Let’s get the band back together. Resign Delanie and Jurrell. Depth players at this point. We’re not trading for Ertz or really any TE. There isn't much in FA. Sheldon Richardson will be too expensive. Delanie becomes the only TE who can excel at blocking and receiving. As long as he’s not a full-time player, I think he’ll be just fine. Jurrell might have some bad blood with the team but really what are his options? He’s still only 31. Guy is a former captain for this team and could provide some kind of depth as a rusher at least giving Simmons a break every now and then. Two players who deserve a SB and made their names with this team. Would love to see both back here.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Let’s get the band back together. Resign Delanie and Jurrell. Depth players at this point. We’re not trading for Ertz or really any TE. There isn't much in FA. Sheldon Richardson will be too expensive. Delanie becomes the only TE who can excel at blocking and receiving. As long as he’s not a full-time player, I think he’ll be just fine. Jurrell might have some bad blood with the team but really what are his options? He’s still only 31. Guy is a former captain for this team and could provide some kind of depth as a rusher at least giving Simmons a break every now and then. Two players who deserve a SB and made their names with this team. Would love to see both back here.

i might be letting sentimentality cloud my vision here but this honestly wouldn't be the worst idea lol

16 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Nope. Dudes trash no matter what position he plays.

that narrative is trash.. did the guy regress last year? yes he did.. is he a bad player? nah.. i think evans will bounce back and show improve. the guy had a decent rookie year, was ascending his second year, and was a non factor and regressed on a bad defense like everyone else not named malcom butler and jeffrey simmons.. he's playing for a contract and we know how that motivates players around here. this defense is gonna suprise people and evans will be at the forefront of that.

I think whats getting lost in all of this is the tremendous depth this team has.. outside of unproven guys at Qb who i think we are all eager to see in the preseason and MAYBE TE, every other position group on this team had starting talent and depth. an argument could maybe be made for OLB also, but other than that, this team is very deep across both lines, the skill position groups, linebacker, corner, and safety. Hell, even the special team aces are legit dudes.. This might be our most complete roster of the last two decades..

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Impressive

While it's obviously not entirely his fault as he wasn't GM, the Ken Whisenhunt year and a half or whatever it equaled out to is easily the darkest stretch in franchise history. The talent was pathetic, he's maybe the worst decision maker I've ever had the displeasure of having to watch, ownership was in flux, etc. Watching the Whisenhunt teams is the only time in my life where I considered quitting watching the Titans.

Amy, Robinson and Mularkey saved this franchise. Mularkey obviously wasn't incredible, but he was worlds better than Whisenhunt and helped get rid of the losing culture this franchise had at the time.

2014 and 2015 up through Whisenhunt's firing was such a dark, dark, DARK time.

• Like 2