2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Can we replace Evans with Van Noy? Lol.... Trade Evans to Pittsburgh who apparently wanted him bad during the draft. Van Noy is easily the better player. 30 later this month so could probably still play another 3-4 years. Hasn’t missed much time the past 4 years and also brings something we severely lacked last year.... leadership.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

Bring me pass rushers damn it. And honestly Clowney was SO MEH here I dont care if he goes. But can we bring back Casey at vet min pls? He might be almost done but I miss him

Casey might have burned his bridge on the way out or vice versa.

Casey felt like he was treated like trash, even though the trade allowed him to get paid rather than cut all out. 

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Casey might have burned his bridge on the way out or vice versa.

Casey felt like he was treated like trash, even though the trade allowed him to get paid rather than cut all out. 

If I recall, Casey's issue was with how they went about trading him. No communication with him at all, and he found out nearly when everyone else in the world did. Could be misremembering, but feel like I read that.

10 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

I’ll take Rudolph over Jonnu especially if he’s cheaper the Vikings were in salary cap hell plus they drafted his replacement earlier 

i cant for the life of me understand why... i dont know why people want to go get cheap  older guys.. that usually  mean they arent as good as the guys you had and that leads to losses on sunday.. the guy is like 32 and OLD.. theres a reason the vikings got rid of him.. jonnu is 25 and is entering his prime.. his best years are in front of him. id rather have firkser than a TE whos gonna be out of the league in the next season or two..  having too many cheap replacements is how you go from 11-5 to 7-9.... ive always said, id rather over pay for a talented roster than efficiently pay for an average one.

3 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

i cant for the life of me understand why... i dont know why people want to go get cheap  older guys.. that usually  mean they arent as good as the guys you had and that leads to losses on sunday.. the guy is like 32 and OLD.. theres a reason the vikings got rid of him.. jonnu is 25 and is entering his prime.. his best years are in front of him. id rather have firkser than a TE whos gonna be out of the league in the next season or two..  having too many cheap replacements is how you go from 11-5 to 7-9.... ive always said, id rather over pay for a talented roster than efficiently pay for an average one.

Okay let’s have this conversation you ready, for one the Vikings released him because their in salary cap hell, 2 we have lil salary cap & even though we’re making adjustments being creative to sign guys, we’re still tight with money. Therefore you have to sign guys that can be productive & affordable & draft guys. Yes Jonnu is young but I don’t see him becoming a dominant TE, especially in a run 1st offense were he doesn’t see a lot of targets to begin with. Like I said before we use Jonnu as a H Back more so than a TE, it’s a reason why firkser eats into his snaps a lot his rout Tree is limited. I’m all for bringing him back but don’t want to break the bank for him. I’ll take Davis as priority over Jonnu 

• Like 2

I understand a lot of people are fascinated with Jonnu because he’s very athletic & yes he’s a red zone weapon, but please just watch football & you’ll understand why a guy like firkser who’s less athletic eats into his snaps. It’s yr 4 by now coaches know what you’re good at your strengths & weaknesses as a player. Jonnu is not a good route runner, that’s why we use him in screens, jet sweeps, gadget plays here & there. For a guy to be so fast with yards after catch ability we don’t run a lot of plays for him, to create mismatches on LB’s & safety’s & have him run routes to get open. We mostly run scheme plays to get him open & use him in the red zone. I like him but I wouldn’t pay him 8-10 mill a yr. 6-7 yeah 

30 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Okay let’s have this conversation you ready, for one the Vikings released him because their in salary cap hell, 2 we have lil salary cap & even though we’re making adjustments being creative to sign guys, we’re still tight with money. Therefore you have to sign guys that can be productive & affordable & draft guys. Yes Jonnu is young but I don’t see him becoming a dominant TE, especially in a run 1st offense were he doesn’t see a lot of targets to begin with. Like I said before we use Jonnu as a H Back more so than a TE, it’s a reason why firkser eats into his snaps a lot his rout Tree is limited. I’m all for bringing him back but don’t want to break the bank for him. I’ll take Davis as priority over Jonnu 

i to would take davis over him and i understand your logic, but nah... ive seen too many teams take that approach and end up regressing. its why most teams have windows of 3-5 years of success and 3-5 years of being garbage.. i wont sustained successs. I would much rather go for a te in the draft than rudolph.. he was a salary cap cut but if they thought he was still productive   they couldve restructured him.. ben jones is old and people foolishly think we are gonna cut him.. we arent at all.. i dont think the titans are even considering it.. why? cuz he still plays at a high level and is actually worth the salary. hes a top 5 center in the league today. rudolph is washed man.. he's a numebr 2 te at best.

24 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I understand a lot of people are fascinated with Jonnu because he’s very athletic & yes he’s a red zone weapon, but please just watch football & you’ll understand why a guy like firkser who’s less athletic eats into his snaps. It’s yr 4 by now coaches know what you’re good at your strengths & weaknesses as a player. Jonnu is not a good route runner, that’s why we use him in screens, jet sweeps, gadget plays here & there. For a guy to be so fast with yards after catch ability we don’t run a lot of plays for him, to create mismatches on LB’s & safety’s & have him run routes to get open. We mostly run scheme plays to get him open & use him in the red zone. I like him but I wouldn’t pay him 8-10 mill a yr. 6-7 yeah 

Jonnu is good man.. you remember a guy by the name of delanie walker? dude spent 7 years as a back te with "limitations". came here and TOOK OFF.. thats the idea with jonnu.. jonnu is a 60 catch 800 yard TE based on talent. thats why teams are gonna pay him even if he doesnt put up those numbers because they know its the scheme not the talent. we run plays for jonnu and honestly, we dont utilize his skill set like that because we have so many other receiving options. let davis leave and jonnu become our number 2 receiving option and watch the guy take off..

4 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

i to would take davis over him and i understand your logic, but nah... ive seen too many teams take that approach and end up regressing. its why most teams have windows of 3-5 years of success and 3-5 years of being garbage.. i wont sustained successs. I would much rather go for a te in the draft than rudolph.. he was a salary cap cut but if they thought he was still productive   they couldve restructured him.. ben jones is old and people foolishly think we are gonna cut him.. we arent at all.. i dont think the titans are even considering it.. why? cuz he still plays at a high level and is actually worth the salary. hes a top 5 center in the league today. rudolph is washed man.. he's a numebr 2 te at best.

True that brotha & Jonnu does remind me of Delanie a lot I’ve said we use him a lot how SF used him when they had Vernon Davis as their primary TE, but because of our cap situation I would sign Rudolph if Jonnu price is too much & draft a TE 

I truly feel Jonnu’s best days are ahead and a new contract, plus the potential lost of Davis, will lead to a bigger role offensively.

I don’t want to discredit Davis and would love nothing more than to have him back. If it’s a either/or choice though, I’m going with Jonnu. Jonnu should be cheaper and I feel Davis is easier to replace (again this is not to take anything away from Corey or shortchange his role here) than a matchup nightmare like Jonnu.

52 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

True that brotha & Jonnu does remind me of Delanie a lot I’ve said we use him a lot how SF used him when they had Vernon Davis as their primary TE, but because of our cap situation I would sign Rudolph if Jonnu price is too much & draft a TE 

i guess we are gonna have to agree to disagree but i do understand your point tho. I would much rather go after Njoku from the browns tho.. still young and just as athletic if not more than jonnu, over rudolph.. heard that rudolph might end up in cleveland based on the stefanski connection from his time in minnesota.