2021 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah I get it. But we wouldn't be paying those guys $10 million. In a cash strapped year, I think we have to look for all the savings we can. Either he sign a deal that brings that number down and rewards him next year if he plays well.

Or outright trade.

Adoree at $10 million is a no go for me. 
Can't cut Butler. 

I disagree, I think this is where the Patriot mentality comes in. Better to cut a guy a year early than a year late

3 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

They're not going to move Adoree. One of the biggest issues with this secondary is that they're slow. Adoree is coming off a bad year but I see them rolling the dice on him, (we know they love continuity) rather than letting him go. I see them dropping butler before adoree. 

In addition something I've took issue with for awhile. Why does the team insist on playing Fulton in the slot? Fulton excelled on the outside at LSU. If we did move on from adoree or butler I'd rather put Fulton outside, re sign King and draft a corner. I understand wanting speed in the slot, but I dont like kristan Fulton as a long term nickleback

My plan would mean moving Fulton to the outside and finding a nickel in FA then drafting one fairly high also that could potentially replace Butler. 

1 minute ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I disagree, I think this is where the Patriot mentality comes in. Better to cut a guy a year early than a year late

True. In a normal cap year, I think he'd be gone. But he just was our best CB. 
Truthfully I don't think there is an easy way.
Either rebuild the whole CB room or roll the dice and run it back with inconsistent or aging players. 

See this is what I was worried about.

All year everyone wanted Adoree to come back and play, even though we didn’t know what he was dealing with. Some went so far as to question the legitimacy of his injury and/or his toughness. He comes back and clearly didn’t look like the pre injury Adoree. Now there’s talk of cutting him because of that.

We literally saw this exact same thing play out with Ryan Succop in 2019. And we all saw how great he was with the Bucs this past season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

See this is what I was worried about.

All year everyone wanted Adoree to come back and play, even though we didn’t know what he was dealing with. Some went so far as to question the legitimacy of his injury and/or his toughness. He comes back and clearly didn’t look like the pre injury Adoree. Now there’s talk of cutting him because of that.

We literally saw this exact same thing play out with Ryan Succop in 2019. And we all saw how great he was with the Bucs this past season.

True. 

I questioned Adoree's worth before injury too. Is he a player you sign to a big deal on the second contract. 

But the thing is too, Succop wasn't coming back for $10 million. 

I don't think anyone would have protested if Succop came back this year. I don't recall a big ground swell of people saying keep him off the team. 

They probably questioned his ability and why not? 

For every story of Succop there are 10 others where the player doesn't rebound. 

For me it's all about $10 million and if that money will keep us from keeping guys or going after a pass rusher. And I would trade that for Adore if it comes down to it. 

17 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

True. 

I questioned Adoree's worth before injury too. Is he a player you sign to a big deal on the second contract. 

But the thing is too, Succop wasn't coming back for $10 million. 

I don't think anyone would have protested if Succop came back this year. I don't recall a big ground swell of people saying keep him off the team. 

They probably questioned his ability and why not? 

For every story of Succop there are 10 others where the player doesn't rebound. 

For me it's all about $10 million and if that money will keep us from keeping guys or going after a pass rusher. And I would trade that for Adore if it comes down to it. 

If Adoree is his pre-injury self, then 10 million feels almost like a bargain. It puts him just inside the top 20 of paid CBs and I feel we all agree 2019 Adoree was a top 20 CB. Let’s not forget we’re a half a year removed from us ranking him 4th in our top Titans player poll. It’s clear whatever injury he had pretty much destroyed his 2020 season, so I really don’t know how much you can take away from it.

I’m all for doing whatever we can to improve our team, specifically our defense/pass rush. I just don’t want to “cut off our nose to spite our face” to get there. I’m just not a fan of (prematurely?) getting rid of a 25 year old at a position of need, who we’ve seen play at a high level when healthy.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

That’s why I keep hoping Barmore falls, he would certainly help

Tart should be brought back 

I would think Baremore would play the other DE spot opposite of Simmons. I feel like DaQuan was are space eating NT. I say bring in both

10 hours ago, TJM217 said:

I would think Baremore would play the other DE spot opposite of Simmons. I feel like DaQuan was are space eating NT. I say bring in both

You can definitely do both

Not sure what Jones will want for money

Tart is going to be way cheaper and could be part of the space eater roll

Barmore Tart Murchinson and someone else will have to be the guys in the middle of we can get Barmore 

Can’t wait for free agency

But I’m really interested to see how we are going to handle Jayon Brown, Jonnu Smith, and the CB position 

I think we really need to address Edge Rusher in free agency 

We have a few more days until teams starting slapping franchise tags on players