Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

Etienne has a lot of mileage on him. He is explosive and can break long runs.  Not the best in pass protection.  He is elusive in his style.  Very good route runner in passing.  He is not like L Bell.  I have seen him compared to Kamara but I am not sure about that.  I think he needs to learn to set up blocks but that is something that is teachable.

I do not think the Steelers could go wrong with any of the top 3 RBs.  I like Williams the best because he reminds me a a young Bettis.

25 minutes ago, August4th said:

Niners traded 3 1st to move up to number 3 from number 12..that's a lot. Steelers might find themselves in position to do something like that next yr  👀

I’m pretty much at the point I’m already expecting to not have 1st round picks starting in 2023 for a few years after they trade the farm to move up next year.

20 minutes ago, AFF said:

I’m pretty much at the point I’m already expecting to not have 1st round picks starting in 2023 for a few years after they trade the farm to move up next year.

The thing is, next years QB class looks very weak. Someone could always emerge but as of now there’s no one I’m excited about besides maybe Spencer Rattler or Sam Howell who will probably go #1.

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

You’re gonna have to explain that Shady comparison lol I do not see that at all

Plays more slippery in tackles than bruising in tackles. NFL comp has him at Kareem Hunt.  So more wiggle than the guys that have been brought up.

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

What's everyone's take on looking at an EDGE guy in round one? 

My take is that they better be an all-pro almost immediately. 

I know we need depth, but in the first round edge for me ranks right behind wide receiver and guard in terms of need...and the only ones below them are punter and kicker. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I think this is the first year that Tombert is actually throwing a smoke screen out there.  Either they know someone unexpected is dropping to them, they love someone and will move up, or they actually are trying to create confusion and get a market for moving up into 24.

Edited by warfelg