Spinning Tires: Steelers 2021 Offseason and Beyond...

43M

Surprised this hasn't been posted.   If it has, I haven't seen it....

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2021/03/24/Steelers-receiver-Chase-Claypool-involved-in-California-bar-fight/stories/202103240099

Seriously, can this offseason get much worse?      Probably looking at a suspension.

He gonna turn into the next Martavis?     

NFL.com's latest mock has us going:

24 - Najee Harris RB Alabama

55 - Levi Onwuzurike DT Washington

87 - Daelin Hayes EDGE ND

128 - Dan Moore OL Tex A&M

140 - Cameron McGrone LB Michigan

To show how little this mock draft knows about how the Steelers draft, only 1 of these players is not a Senior or RS Senior.

4 minutes ago, 43M said:

Surprised this hasn't been posted.   If it has, I haven't seen it....

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2021/03/24/Steelers-receiver-Chase-Claypool-involved-in-California-bar-fight/stories/202103240099

Seriously, can this offseason get much worse?      Probably looking at a suspension.

He gonna turn into the next Martavis?     

Eh.  To me he was defending someone, got pulled into it, the guy he kicked isn't filing charges, the police aren't planning on charging him, and the guy he kicked isn't even planning a civil suit and never went to the hospital.

EDIT:

It's one of those things that will likely be like Juju's Tik Tok stuff: The local media is gonna cry and cry about it until someone in the national media finally talks about it.

Edited by warfelg

37 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Eh.  To me he was defending someone, got pulled into it, the guy he kicked isn't filing charges, the police aren't planning on charging him, and the guy he kicked isn't even planning a civil suit and never went to the hospital.

EDIT:

It's one of those things that will likely be like Juju's Tik Tok stuff: The local media is gonna cry and cry about it until someone in the national media finally talks about it.

Probably right, but it just doesnt bode well for a young WR to be getting into those situations.

Im hoping this is an isolated incident that goes away.     We have had more than enough drama with WRs over the last 5 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Probably right, but it just doesnt bode well for a young WR to be getting into those situations.

Im hoping this is an isolated incident that goes away.     We have had more than enough drama with WRs over the last 5 years.

I'd be confident that it's an isolated incident.  His friends were the ones that got in the fight, he got in there to break it up, and when he was being pulled away is when he kicked, then was pulled away.  FWIW Madden is the one running with the "kick in the head" thing and no one is even sure if that's where Claypool got the guy.  Mighty funny coming from a guy that praised Pouncey for kicking a guy in the head.

14 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I'd be confident that it's an isolated incident.  His friends were the ones that got in the fight, he got in there to break it up, and when he was being pulled away is when he kicked, then was pulled away.  FWIW Madden is the one running with the "kick in the head" thing and no one is even sure if that's where Claypool got the guy.  Mighty funny coming from a guy that praised Pouncey for kicking a guy in the head.

I just found out about it last night, so I didnt know much about the incident....but it was concerning just to hear it.

Ive already said all I can say about how much I loathe Mark Madden, so all I will say is that I hope you are right and this doesnt become an issue.    I feel like Claypool's excellent rookie season has already been overshadowed and I am excited what he can become if they actually use him right....which they didnt the 2nd half of last season.

3 minutes ago, 43M said:

I just found out about it last night, so I didnt know much about the incident....but it was concerning just to hear it.

Ive already said all I can say about how much I loathe Mark Madden, so all I will say is that I hope you are right and this doesnt become an issue.    I feel like Claypool's excellent rookie season has already been overshadowed and I am excited what he can become if they actually use him right....which they didnt the 2nd half of last season.

Oh yea. Madden got passed and started blocking anyone who talks about the off field covered up crap of the 70’s. 

Unfortunately Claypool’s play has been overshadowed by the stupid Pittsburgh media. My issue is Pittsburgh isn’t big anough for the media size it has. Steelers are ok, Pirates suck, no one talks about the Pens, Pitt/Duquesne/CM/RM all suck. They refuse to talk about Penn State or WVU. So when you get a small story that doesn’t get media attention (this) when the Pens are out of it and the Buccos are the Buccos; how else do you pass the time since sports outside the immediate Burgh area don’t exist. 

1 hour ago, August4th said:

wonder if the steelers are making offers for sam Darnold. looks like the Jets will be taking Wilson at 2, making Sam available.

Wouldn't want him. The guy has shown next to nothing. The way to go is to get a legit franchise guy you fully believe in and milk his first round contract for all its worth. And it doesn't take a top 10 pick to do that. They will have more draft capital next year to make that happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, August4th said:

wonder if the steelers are making offers for sam Darnold. looks like the Jets will be taking Wilson at 2, making Sam available.

I’d be more into it if Ben were gone. But with Ben still here it doesn’t make sense to have his only year of play to be on the 5th year option and potentially have to tag him without seeing any growth. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I’d be more into it if Ben were gone. But with Ben still here it doesn’t make sense to have his only year of play to be on the 5th year option and potentially have to tag him without seeing any growth. 

I agree. We are already going to see Rudolph walk next season without actually ever seeing him get a legit chance, not that any of us believe he is the guy anyway.

So why invest in another guy whose time here will just be wasted behind Ben?