Playoffs - Divisional Round

Leader

Just now, incognito_man said:

this makes little sense to me, NO's defense matches up much better against us than TBs does. 

I disagree entirely - and - the games against the two of them supports my contention. Tampa's D completely snuffed out our offense. Completely. Whereas - we both moved the ball, scored points and won against NOLA.

That was then - for both games - and we'll see what next week brings. I'm (obviously) going to hope we execute better on offense - as I dont expect they'll change their scheme too much.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I disagree entirely - and - the games against the two of them supports my contention. Tampa's D completely snuffed out our offense. Completely. Whereas - we both moved the ball, scored points and won against NOLA.

That was then - for both games - and we'll see what next week brings. I'm (obviously) going to hope we execute better on offense - as I dont expect they'll change their scheme too much.

2 games is a very small sample size though

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

NOLA played like ****

That was their game - minus the screwups.
There was nothing awesome about how TPA played - but - their defense did make plays. Their defense (both) kept them in the game and won it for them.

Its their defense I didnt want to play.
Rankings aside, I would have preferred playing NOLAs D.

Understood.  However, we just beat the crap out of the best defense in the NFL.  We can be a touch nervous because of how we played them 2 months ago but the D we just trampled was ranked higher than the one we are going to play.  Quit being nervous Nellie's and have some faith in our offense.  

Just now, Malfatron said:

2 games is a very small sample size though

We're clearly better than TPA - but - I fully expect them to play with a lot of confidence given their success earlier.

It will be up to us to dominate them - to reverse the previous outing - where they closed us down.

Short form: they have the personnel and scheme on D to make life difficult for us. 

Just now, coachbuns said:

Understood.  However, we just beat the crap out of the best defense in the NFL.  We can be a touch nervous because of how we played them 2 months ago but the D we just trampled was ranked higher than the one we are going to play.  Quit being nervous Nellie's and have some faith in our offense.  

I'm talking football. There's nothing "nervous Nellie" about my thinking.

I would much preferred to play NOLA - ESPECIALLY - with Bree's and his 10yard passing arm! Oh well. Didnt come to pass.

31 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

I don't feel very confident about next weekend. Just saying. 

Then don't watch.  What is with all the nervous Nellie's tonight?  Packers just beat the best defense in the NFL last week handily.  TB would have scored 13 points without the 3 turnovers on NO side of the field.  Packers play like last week ... super bowl. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I'm talking football. There's nothing "nervous Nellie" about my thinking.

I would much preferred to play NOLA - ESLY - PECIALwith Bree's and his 10yard passing arm! Oh well. Didnt come to pass.

Agreed.  But we aren't and TB didn't do that much to make me much of a nervous Nellie.

How in the **** did we open as 4 point favorites?

It's Pettine versus Brady.

More likely we lose by 40 than win by 4. 

Oddsmakers don't know anything. 

I'm upset about this. 

At least if oddsmakers had it right I could hang my hat on the fact that we lost to the clearly better team with the clearly better defense. 

I just don't know how this is going to work because the MVP curse and the Home Town curse are going up against each other, so what does this guarantee the Bills/Chiefs win the Super Bowl? 

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

We're clearly better than TPA - but - I fully expect them to play with a lot of confidence given their success earlier.

It will be up to us to dominate them - to reverse the previous outing - where they closed us down.

Short form: they have the personnel and scheme on D to make life difficult for us. 

As our offense has the personnel and scheme on offense to make life difficult for them.  Stop the run, make Brady pass in the cold, snow and wind.  His age and his blood has thinned from living in Florida.