2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

2 minutes ago, whodatOL said:

According to my official roster i'm now 1.4 million under the cap. Is that right?

When I checked your official roster earlier you were in a negative, it is showing a positive but your rookie pool on remaining picks is no longer showing. So minus the top 51 aspect still needs removing.

23 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Im thinking the calculation removes the drafted picks, it's only accounting for the picks that haven't been made yet.  Is that not what you're seeing?

If you say so I believe it - but as of now adding the full Rookoie pool on top of the 51 top contracts ties down approx 6 M$ in cap space that would be freed by "pushing out" the cap amount of players at the back end no longer counting against the cap when a player is drafted.

At least this is the case on this sheet - not sure how it is done on the GM only sheets:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X0SlHnP9VVSDbJ1xdm18ms512WMITx_RyxQQz_jJeH8/edit#gid=0

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

I don't know if you're doing anything or if it's the bastard glitch but your rookie pool is back to showing the amount again and putting you in the red again.

Yeah just saw that. But then actually everything is fine, my last 5 picks will have almost no influence due to the top 51 rule.

Just now, whodatOL said:

Yeah just saw that. But then actually everything is fine, my last 5 picks will have almost no influence due to the top 51 rule.

Yep. Which is good for additional players but bad for when people release players as they don’t see full benefit as someone else fellas into the top 51.

15 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

If you say so I believe it - but as of now adding the full Rookoie pool on top of the 51 top contracts ties down approx 6 M$ in cap space that would be freed by "pushing out" the cap amount of players at the back end no longer counting against the cap when a player is drafted.

At least this is the case on this sheet - not sure how it is done on the GM only sheets:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X0SlHnP9VVSDbJ1xdm18ms512WMITx_RyxQQz_jJeH8/edit#gid=0

I took this method from OTC...

The effective cap spaced needed is equal to: Rookie Pool - ($660,000 x number of picks).