Madden 18

bucsfan333

I did the MUT Squads NAT elite collection (4 Squad win tokens) and pulled David DeCastro. 

Too bad he's NAT - but that just handed me an 87 RG and all I did was play a game WITH other people as we won as a team.

I'll take that.

2 hours ago, Word_is_Bond said:

I'm down. GT: iTz Too EaZY x

Mine is Dylonus  

I've only played the drills and half of a game so far, but I like the added mechanics to game play for positions like WR and DB and the reach tackle button. I also like how the interior running game feels. Improvements there. Games also a little bit more balanced and requires less slider tweaking than in the past. 

On 9/4/2017 at 11:41 PM, domepatrol91 said:

I'll be available tomorrow morning until Thursday, minus a few errands I need to run. If a few others are available I'd be down. I have a mic.

I wish I could, but I work overnight all week (started Sunday night) until Saturday night. Plus I work 3 more afternoons.

Thankfully, my work load is significantly less next week. I could play Friday or Saturday evening for sure. I have a mic as well. I definitely need to play with some guys here on FF. Playing with random people is a nightmare. Everyone just throws it deep too much. 

Quick passes and zone blitzes destroy basically everyone on MUST SQUADS. Sadly, most people are too stupid to realize it...

Debating picking up a PS4 slim (Amazon bundle with uncharted 4) mainly to play Madden and NBA2K18. Please advise whether I should or shouldn't. Mainly a franchise player, don't do online except multiplayer franchise, and with having to pay to play online I may skip that.

12 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Debating picking up a PS4 slim (Amazon bundle with uncharted 4) mainly to play Madden and NBA2K18. Please advise whether I should or shouldn't. Mainly a franchise player, don't do online except multiplayer franchise, and with having to pay to play online I may skip that.

Definitely get NBA 2k18.  If you have a subscription to EA Access I recommend you try the free 10-hour trial of the new Madden.  It's a pretty game with relatively little new development to the franchise mode.  

- I see you haven't played a Madden in like 5 years, still very little if any improvement over that entire time span that I can think of.   

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Definitely get NBA 2k18.  If you have a subscription to EA Access I recommend you try the free 10-hour trial of the new Madden.  It's a pretty game with relatively little new development to the franchise mode.  

- I see you haven't played a Madden in like 5 years, still very little if any improvement over that entire time span that I can think of.   

Not going to get the system unless I'm sold on both games, otherwise it's just too costly for one game mainly. And sure I'll play some others but that's the main purpose of why I want to get it. Potentially Fifa, I played MLB one year and it was fun.

But I miss my football itch. The only thing that would get me to buy alone would be an NCAA college football game... especially with the playoff system.

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Not going to get the system unless I'm sold on both games, otherwise it's just too costly for one game mainly. And sure I'll play some others but that's the main purpose of why I want to get it. Potentially Fifa, I played MLB one year and it was fun.

But I miss my football itch. The only thing that would get me to buy alone would be an NCAA college football game... especially with the playoff system.

Well if you're really 5 years removed its probably worth the purchase simply for the roster update.  The graphics are the best they've ever been and the game mechanics seem improved over last year's.  The default All Madden seems broken, you will need to adjust sliders if you go that route.  One addition you probably will not have seen is that they've added practice squads.  I have not tried the new story mode "Longshot", you may want to ask someone else about that.  Negatives for me:

1. In franchise mode you're essentially forced to do training drills every week or your players won't develop. 

2. If you sim a bunch of games the stats aren't very realistic. 

3. Simming a bunch of games also keeps your players from developing.  

4. The CPU's trade logic is still really dumb, and there isn't a very good trade block mechanism like there is in NBA 2k.  

5. The draft classes are hit and miss.  I had one class where 12 of the top 20 prospects were LTs.  I was the Browns and had traded to have 3 high first rounders, so that didn't really help.  

So if you're going to play every game and practice session in franchise mode, I imagine it could be quite good.  It's basically impossible to sim large amounts of the franchise mode and have your team develop though.  

34 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

PS4 doesn't have EA Access.

Archived