Madden 18

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, stallyns said:

On PS4 you can use R3 to go to music to check/uncheck tracks. Someone with XBOne can answer this for you if that is what you have

Yeah, it is on the right stick. You would think it would be somewhere in the audio settings, not in the "notifcation box" or whatever it is.

All these songs are trash. Wtf. Every single one. Except the orchestral music. I'll just listen to that again. -_-

Why can't you just relocate a team when you feel like it? The way they go about it is realistic and all, but what if I just wanna relocate right away? At least give the option. Or give the option to create your own team and use that for franchise mode!

In the process of trying to relocate I simmed a whole season. The numbers were okay but one thing was odd- some teams have no kickers or punters, and one team had no quarterback. Many teams only had one QB, some had as many as 4. Some teams had 3 kickers....and even despite the Saints not having a QB, the receivers still had receiving stats.

EDIT: Screw relocating. It's the same cities and teams as before. They insist on giving you limited options in Madden these days. >:(

So I kinda suck at this game - any advice?

I've typically been a pretty good Madden player. In fact one of the maddens a couple years ago I never lost a game. About 50-0 vs friends and family and 15-0 or so online. I played in Blinds franchise in the past and was 5-1 before it fizzled out. I'm used to being good.

My problem is passing. I started a franchise on All Pro with the browns and Kizer. Between Kizers throws and my receivers I literally suck at passing. My most recent game I was 20-35 with 4 INT, 5 drops and at least 5 throws that were to open receivers that missed by a mile. Is it just because my personnel is horrible? How do I counteract this? Any catch in traffic is almost a guaranteed drop. Any pass longer than 15 yards up the seams or to the sideline gets picked. and then I'll have a wide open crossing pattern and Kizer will miss it by 5 yards straight into the ground. Idk what I"m doing wrong (or how any of you are playing on all madden)

It's weird because I'm 1-1 in the franchise the first game I had no picks, just the drops and errant throws. This most recent game, anything the defense got near they picked.

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Haven't played much since '16. '17 I played a 10 hour free trial of and it felt like a pretty tiny upgrade. Is '18 just another glorified roster update, or are the new modes worth it and/or gameplay tweaked substantially?

It's just a roster update.

12 minutes ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

So I kinda suck at this game - any advice?

I've typically been a pretty good Madden player. In fact one of the maddens a couple years ago I never lost a game. About 50-0 vs friends and family and 15-0 or so online. I played in Blinds franchise in the past and was 5-1 before it fizzled out. I'm used to being good.

My problem is passing. I started a franchise on All Pro with the browns and Kizer. Between Kizers throws and my receivers I literally suck at passing. My most recent game I was 20-35 with 4 INT, 5 drops and at least 5 throws that were to open receivers that missed by a mile. Is it just because my personnel is horrible? How do I counteract this? Any catch in traffic is almost a guaranteed drop. Any pass longer than 15 yards up the seams or to the sideline gets picked. and then I'll have a wide open crossing pattern and Kizer will miss it by 5 yards straight into the ground. Idk what I"m doing wrong (or how any of you are playing on all madden)

It's weird because I'm 1-1 in the franchise the first game I had no picks, just the drops and errant throws. This most recent game, anything the defense got near they picked.

Concentrate on short slants and screens to get momentum building.  Always look presnap and decide what your first read is.   My first read is always going deep.  If the computer drops two deep safeties dump it off for a short completion.  If they bring a safety up and your wr is one on one, throw it up and give him a chance.  You're better off throwing the ball too early than too late on deep stuff.  If you're too late the defenders are already there and make the pic.

Also call some running plays out of the shotgun.  Not only does it spread the defense out and allow some pretty easy run yards, but it makes people pull safeties up to stop the run when you're in shotgun.

Off the top of my head, mut seems to be starting out faster. Better coin rewards too, on top of the regular rewards there are two bonus rewards for each challenge if you hit certain marks. That's a big improvement.

The LT upgradeable card is so OP early. 

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

@bigjohnson2009, are you scrambling around when you throw? That makes a HUGE difference. You have to set your feet to throw accurately.

I scramble almost zero. I haven't played madden in a few years and the game just feels different. I think it's partially a personnel problem Kizer is 77 overall and probably has bad accuracy metrics. My receivers (Ricardo Louis had 3 drops himself) are largely terrible.

I used to be able to push the ball downfield by aiming my throws with the joystick towards open areas and user catching deeper passes. Doesn't seem to work very well anymore (INTs).

I can just go conservative and throw drag routes all day and pass on all pro vs the computer, but I'm used to having success using a variety of plays.

42 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I'm not really digging longshot. 

Hide contents

Just did the first game show contest

Its a good story but you barely get to actually play and you don't even play his NFL career. It was very lazy. Superstar mode was far superior when you created a young rookie and played his entire career. What they should've done is created the Longshot story line and then let you play his NFL career afterwards.

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

It's just a roster update.

Eh, I totally disagree. One of the better Maddens in quite a while and actually made some significant changes. Bad OLs are actually really bad, great OLs are actually really good. Running the ball is actually possible and teams have to worry about it. You can't just hit the seam route every play, you can't just toss it up deep and hit spectacular catch and come down with it 80% of the time.

5 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Off the top of my head, mut seems to be starting out faster. Better coin rewards too, on top of the regular rewards there are two bonus rewards for each challenge if you hit certain marks. That's a big improvement.

The LT upgradeable card is so OP early. 

It appears this isn't the case with all challenges.

Archived