Madden 18

bucsfan333

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Ive even said I enjoyed the gameplay in  2017, even with its faults.....but as a offline franchise fan, I just get annoyed with them continuously ignoring it.

Havent played 18 yet, but the gameplay likely wouldnt be my major hangup about the game.

If they would....

1) Make coaches (at least head coaches and coordinators) REALLY matter in franchise.    Coaches are basically just window dressing in Madden that really have no real impact on a team, when they should have a profound impact.

2) Add coach mode back to the game.     Its the best way to experience franchise mode IMO.

3) Add fully customizable draft classes,    Obvious reasons.   EA's draft classes are horribly done.

4) Improve CPU free agency and draft logic (which supposedly has gotten better)....and allow a few big name FAs to actually hit FA every year.

....if they just did those 4 things,  that would IMO improve franchise dramatically.   There are numerous other improvements they could make, but those 4 would be a great start.  

(1) They do at times. For the purpose of their package (Retention, XP, Retirement). Otherwise, you're right; they don't matter.

(2) I personally never cared for that. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be there.

(3) Definitely need customized classes. Can't say I feel the same about their draft classes. What's not to like? I always find them to be good. Always boom or bust picks. Steals. Some surprise players that can turn into projects, etc. I've even found some GODLY players before; and not always in the first. (Saints drafted a CB that was an 86 with SUPERSTAR development at age 21... After a year he was already a 94 O.o )

(4) This is a hit-or-miss kind of thing. Draft logic is there. FA is too random. I think trade logic needs tweaked badly. I put Drew Brees on the trade block and the Bills offered me a future 1st for him. Why? Just why? Why would they even offer anything more than a 4th? Brees retired after the second season I simmed and now the Bills are out of a QB and barely were competitive; even with him.

Just now, steelcurtain29 said:

(1) They do at times. For the purpose of their package (Retention, XP, Retirement). Otherwise, you're right; they don't matter.

(2) I personally never cared for that. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be there.

(3) Definitely need customized classes. Can't say I feel the same about their draft classes. What's not to like? I always find them to be good. Always boom or bust picks. Steals. Some surprise players that can turn into projects, etc. I've even found some GODLY players before; and not always in the first. (Saints drafted a CB that was an 86 with SUPERSTAR development at age 21... After a year he was already a 94 O.o )

(4) This is a hit-or-miss kind of thing. Draft logic is there. FA is too random. I think trade logic needs tweaked badly. I put Drew Brees on the trade block and the Bills offered me a future 1st for him. Why? Just why? Why would they even offer anything more than a 4th? Brees retired after the second season I simmed and now the Bills are out of a QB and barely were competitive; even with him.

1) Like I said....largely window dressing.    I posted a ton of ideas a few years ago about making coaches matter.   

2) I know thats a case by case thing.   Reason I like it is because I dont want to have user control of players during a franchise game....because it makes alot of ratings meaningless.

3) They are better than they used to be.   I know its petty, but I hate alot of the names of players coming out.   Alot of them are just random pairings of other players names.....and while thats not impossible....it happens too much.   I have an issue with some of the ratings of rookies as well.  However, this is the smallest gripe of the 3.

4) Yeah....age isnt factored in enough in regards to player value.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Its sad that it bothers you so much you feel the need to cry about my negative opinion of Madden year after year.

Where am I crying? It doesnt bother me at all, I just find it hilarious.

I actually agree that madden doesnt change and that it is bad. I only find enjoyment in 32 team leagues.

Complaining about people's complaints is worse than people complaining.  There's no harm in complaining about Madden.  There's plenty to complain about.  Some people just want to commiserate with others on how bad Madden is and how good it could be.  You should be patting the constant complainers on the back considering if nobody complained, EA wouldn't even pretend to improve the game. 

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Complaining about people's complaints is worse than people complaining.  There's no harm in complaining about Madden.  There's plenty to complain about.  Some people just want to commiserate with others on how bad Madden is and how good it could be.  You should be patting the constant complainers on the back considering if nobody complained, EA wouldn't even pretend to improve the game. 

Once again I'm not complaining. Try reading my post.

Also, the constant complainers are doing nothing. If you play games outside of sports games you should know ea is terrible. They ruined DA, just ruined mass effect and are probably about to ruin another IP as we speak. Madden and MUT are cash cows. It will never be improved and the fundamental problems with the game will never be fixed. Ever.

That being said,  you can still get some enjoyment out the game. I manage to get my 60 dollars worth every year. MUT squads have been fun.

3 minutes ago, S-jax39 said:

Once again I'm not complaining. Try reading my post

I'm sorry, did I quote you?  Because it seems like you think I was talking to you when I wasn't.  Try reading my post.  Specifically where it mentions you or quotes you. 

I think the gameplay is a bit better. I think containing the running game for a full game is a little easier and playing against the pass is easier if you can get a rush. It's just a matter of getting a rush. Which is nice.

One thing I don't like is that Tannehil ran almost straight backwards before he got sacked. Which was weird.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I think the gameplay is a bit better. I think containing the running game for a full game is a little easier and playing against the pass is easier if you can get a rush. It's just a matter of getting a rush. Which is nice.

Tell me a little more about pass defense.  Have you played against bad quarterbacks and is there a genuine difference between playing a Brady/Rodgers and a Glennon/ somebody else?  How are the QB completion percentages looking, is it true that players actually play their zones/assignments better? 

I ran a cover four on third and long once (like 20 yards) and got burned deep middle by a TE who ran over the top of my LBs on a scramble drill. It was mildly annoying, but it happens.

Tannehil went something like 10/13 in the first half against me in the first half. He checked the ball down to Ajayi three times for like 15 yards. But as the game went on, he missed (appropriately) a few times. The misses were like over throws on corner routes and stuff like that. He over threw over the middle and had it picked off by David once.

Overall, I gave up a 13 play drive for a TD, had a three and out or two, gave up a sevenish play drive for a TD, gave up a decent drive for a FG, and had a few drives get a first down or two and stall out. 

It's all a matter of play calling; which I got burned with a few times, which was awesome. I also had the perfect defense called a few times, which was also awesome. 

QB completion percentage is probably still too high, but it's because of checkdowns. And it's actually been needed to keep the games close. I'm not sure how to adjust it yet AND make games feel even. But, overall, I think there's a big enough difference in gameplay that I can tell. And I think it's for the better.

The biggest thing is the running game; there are A LOT more carries for zero, one, two, or three yards than there were before. I have far, far less tackles for loss. Which I like a lot. I used to have like 10+ tackles for loss every game. Those numbers are way down.

43 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

This long shot thing... eh.

I can't remember the last time I played Madden without having it muted, which makes the longshot thing a tough sell for me, because I imagine that you probably want to listen to the story. When I have Madden on, I almost always either have Netflix or Pandora playing as well.

Archived