Madden 18

bucsfan333

I'm glad I didn't pay for this.  Thank God for game sharing!  Like most sports games that have monopolies (The Show, Madden, 2K), the creators stop caring because no one else competes.  If you haven't bought it yet, just update your rosters on Madden 17 and you'll be good to go.

8 minutes ago, carrolljcmc said:

I'm glad I didn't pay for this.  Thank God for game sharing!  Like most sports games that have monopolies (The Show, Madden, 2K), the creators stop caring because no one else competes.  If you haven't bought it yet, just update your rosters on Madden 17 and you'll be good to go.

May I inquire as to why?  Asking for a friend who doesn't on a current gen console, plans to buy one later this year and is strongly considering buying Madden.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Not usually one to complain about Madden but I don't think I've ever seen two maddens in back-to-back years seem like that same exact game. Haven't played franchise yet but I'm sure that's the same as well. Gameplay itself is Madden 17. Seems the only thing they did between the 2 games is add that dumb Longshot story mode which is useless after you beat it. Pretty big letdown.

Its weird, because I see some saying it feels the same and some saying it feels much better, especially in regards to the running game and blocking.

But regardless, I know for a fact the game isnt much better because, well....it never is.   Madden hasnt take a huge step forward in over 10 years, and therein lies the problem.  

5 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Its weird, because I see some saying it feels the same and some saying it feels much better, especially in regards to the running game and blocking.

But regardless, I know for a fact the game isnt much better because, well....it never is.   Madden hasnt take a huge step forward in over 10 years, and therein lies the problem.  

FWIW, my buddy has EA access and I noticed literally no difference between 17 and 18. I'm a very casual madden player though so take it for what it's worth.

There is definitely difference in gameplay between 17 and 18. Anyone who says there isn't either put no time into 17 or they have only watched gameplay of 18. It is of course all opinion, but there is definitely an improvement in gameplay this season. WR-DB animations are way better, OL is crucial where last year you could get by with a guy in the 60s as your LT,  andQB accuracy matters more. Obviously its not leaps ahead of 17, but there are definitely improvements here.

8 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

FWIW, my buddy has EA access and I noticed literally no difference between 17 and 18. I'm a very casual madden player though so take it for what it's worth.

Im a casual player as well.  Id be more hardcore if EA ever put more effort into it.  

However, I havent bought and played a new Madden extensively in several years, so it might seem more different to me than others.  Not sure, though.

So I simmed a CFM Colt's season, 35 yo Frank Gore retired but 45 yo Adam Vinatieri didn't 

I set up 3 CFMs

Bills - play all games including preseason

Colts - sim regular season and playoffs play Super Bowl 

Jets - rebuild sim everything 

I played my 3rd preseason game Bills @ Eagles. Offensive holding was called on the Eagles on an INT and after I declined the penalty the announcers were livid about me turning down free yards??

Has anybody else run into this:

I'm playing a CFM with Miami, shooting for realistic snap counts and a balance between playing and simming/team-building so I do 12 minute quarters, play clock runs down to 25 seconds, I play the 1st quarter then sim the last 3 quarters. During the sim, the AI likes to run the ball a crazy amount almost regardless of the situation; they'll give it to Ajayi like 9 times consecutively, he'll end most games with 30+ carries while the QB gets maybe 30 attempts (I'm averaging around 65-69 offensive plays per game with my time settings, which is exactly what I'm going for). Same thing happens if my starting RB is down, they'll feed the backup RB a ridiculous amount. I don't see any run/pass ratio sliders under coach settings or anywhere else. Also, when simming, 90%+ of run plays go for 4 or 5 yards with very little variation.

Is it just me? Madden 17 btw.

Just now, cddolphin said:

Has anybody else run into this:

I'm playing a CFM with Miami, shooting for realistic snap counts and a balance between playing and simming/team-building so I do 12 minute quarters, play clock runs down to 25 seconds, I play the 1st quarter then sim the last 3 quarters. During the sim, the AI likes to run the ball a crazy amount almost regardless of the situation; they'll give it to Ajayi like 9 times consecutively, he'll end most games with 30+ carries while the QB gets maybe 30 attempts (I'm averaging around 65-69 offensive plays per game with my time settings, which is exactly what I'm going for). Same thing happens if my starting RB is down, they'll feed the backup RB a ridiculous amount. I don't see any run/pass ratio sliders under coach settings or anywhere else. Also, when simming, 90%+ of run plays go for 4 or 5 yards with very little variation.

Is it just me? Madden 17 btw.

In supersim they always run way too much

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

A very noticeable difference. 

Why is this a thing? Should it not be the same exact process?

So essentially if I want quasi-realistic gameflow I can't super-sim at all? Which would mean I couldn't continue playing 1Q then super-simming the rest.

Just now, cddolphin said:

Why is this a thing? Should it not be the same exact process?

So essentially if I want quasi-realistic gameflow I can't super-sim at all? Which would mean I couldn't continue playing 1Q then super-simming the rest.

Yeah, it's just really bad.  Supersim had zero logic in Madden 17.  I'd be up by 20 points late in the game and my QB would throw interceptions no matter who it was at QB.  If I wanted to wind down the game, I would have to put my backup QB in and also manually change running backs because supersim seemed to ignore fatigue as well. 

I would NEVER supersim defense because the likelihood of huge plays for the opposition skyrocketed during supersim.  Punt returns were always horrible or unrealistic, and at least once a game if I supersimmed, they'd have an 80 yard pass or run for a TD. 

Best thing to do for realism is to play the game.  I did 8 minute quarters with 25 seconds and I only supersimmed when the game was virtually over. 

Archived