Madden 18

bucsfan333

5 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

If MUT is the reason you buy Madden, there is no reason not to get this. I am enjoying the hell out of it.

I like grinding mut, not so much the online stuff. I play franchise and connected careers or whatever they call it now. Playing a single players whole career too. I'm glad they didn't ruin those modes with long shot. I'm sure longshot is fun and I'll play it, but I thought it was gonna be like NBA 2k16 and how they ruined the My Player mode by forcing you to play that mode in that storyline.

26 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Picked the Steelers for the sim... Steelers went 6-10... O.o 

Bell appeared to have gotten hurt. Only 157 attempts but he had 5.5 YPC. Conner had 135 for only 400 yards but 8 TD. HJe stole goal line touches since he LONG FOR THE SEASON WAS 5 YARDS lol

As for the league...

Rushing, Bell had the best YPA. No one had over 5 that averaged 200+ carries exceltn Freeman. Shady had 1,550 yards to lead the league. Multiple player had 10+ TD, but Shady had by far the most at 15. 

NO QB hit 5k yards. Ben, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Rodgers and Stafford were close. TD / INT numbers were all reasonable. No one had a BAD or UNREAL season. Brees did throw 23 picks, but he threw 700 times.... O.o 

Only 4 WR had 100 catches. Brown lead the league with 1,500 yards receiving, followed by Edelmena, Bryant and D Thomas. Kennan Allen with 16 TD's. Edeleman had 15 and do did Dez. One odd one.... Carlos Henderson... 61 catches for 900 yards and 14 TD's.... O.o 

According to this, Kelvin Beachum gave up 48 sacks. What the hell? xD

On defense, no one had absurd tackle numbers. Brandon Graham had 20 sacks. Bosa with 18 and Ingram with 17.5 while a few had around 15, but they're all ELITE players.

Most picks was 8 by Slay. A few had 6; no surprises on who did.

Giants won another ring; again beating Brady xD 

I checked FA again. This time, big names hit and they're asking for way too much money lol. I counted 25 players that are above 80 OVR.

Not too bad.   

Thanks!  

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

I'm blanking so how bad were stats before? I don't recall them being too terrible

I don't remember a lot exactly. But I do remember Rodgers leading the league with something like 30 TDs, 19 INTs, and a 96 passer rating once... Or something dumb like that. And it seemed like almost every team had a 1,000 yard rusher (with a bunch over 1,200 yards), while there were only like 15 1,000 yard receivers (with maybe one or two over 1,200 yards). TEs usually averaged eight yards per catch. Sacks were all over the place; some seasons seemed to have five or six guys over 20, some only had five or six guys over 10. EVERYBODY had INTs on defense. 

It was bad. This looks much, much better. Hopefully progression matches up a lot better now.

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don't remember a lot exactly. But I do remember Rodgers leading the league with something like 30 TDs, 19 INTs, and a 96 passer rating once... Or something dumb like that. And it seemed like almost every team had a 1,000 yard rusher (with a bunch over 1,200 yards), while there were only like 15 1,000 yard receivers (with maybe one or two over 1,200 yards). TEs usually averaged eight yards per catch. Sacks were all over the place; some seasons seemed to have five or six guys over 20, some only had five or six guys over 10. EVERYBODY had INTs on defense. 

It was bad. This looks much, much better. Hopefully progression matches up a lot better now.

Ahh true. Better but not perfect by any means. 

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

I'm missing how this is good. Dalvin with 17 tds lmao? And Bosa with 25 sacks? Watson 4th in pass yards? Roethlisberger throwing single digit interceptions and playing a whole season? Legarette blount averaging 6 ypc? Rbs in general all having double digit tds? Ted Ginn going over 1000 for the first time in his career at 32 years old?

I have to agree.  The only thing that looks moderately okay with the QBs is the TD/INT ratio.  I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate when multiple rookies come in and have 4,000 yard 30 TD seasons. 

I really need to see the bottom half of quarterbacks and their season totals before I even consider getting this game.  Watson I can tolerate since every year there's a breakout rookie QB and it could be him for all I know, but the rest of the stats are very alarming at other positions...

Dalvin Cook, J. Richard and D. Williams all get 16 or more touchdowns and under 700 rushing yards? 
Blount, Murray, Gordon all get between 1200 and 1300 rushing yards, but each of them is held below below 5 rushing touchdowns?

Mike Daniels having 19 sacks is highly unrealistic, so I have to believe that there's some horrible crap with 3-4 pass rushing OLBs not getting their due. 

Joey Bosa, Mike Daniels, Aaron Donald... Look at them all.  They're all 3-4 defensive ends.  3-4 DEFENSIVE ENDS ARE NOT THE PASS RUSHERS TRADITIONALLY.  There isn't a SINGLE 3-4 OLB on the top 7 of sacks.

Receiving stats and interception stats look alright, which is why I'll probably buy this game eventually.  Otherwise...

Incompetence at EA continues. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah it is.  He's a 3-4 DL, not exactly a pass rusher. 

I feel like we are kinda like Abbott and Costello. Perfect matchup. I'm always sarcastic and you never get it xD

Ok I so used my EA Access to download the 10-hour trial, and played the new madden for about 2 hours last night, here are my observations:

- The graphics are better, but they weren't really bad before. 

- The gameplay was noticeably better.  I was able to run the ball much more effectively than last year's.  Passing feels crisp and more precise, which makes it even easier to pass than before (not sure that's an improvement since its already too easy).  

- I started an online franchise mode with the Redskins.  The game loads, sims and moves from screen to screen significantly faster. 

- I simmed through the first season (I played one game).  The results were not impressive IMO.  

- Injuries are way too frequent.  I had like 8-9 starters down with significant injuries.  

- The leading passer for the year was Dak Prescott (give me a break), for around 4,900 yards.

- The leading WRs had around 1,500 receiving yards.

- The TEs were ridiculously overpowered.  Jordan Reed had 1,400 receiving yards and he was around 5th in yards for TEs.  Gronk led the league in receiving (more than any WR) with                 around 1,800 yards.  

- The leading defenders had around 120-130 tackles. 

- Sacks were out of control.  There were 5 players with 19.5 sacks or more.  Aaron Donald had 24 sacks. 

- In a nutshell you could probably live with these little quirks, but the problem is when you compare them to your team.  Kirk Cousins got injured and only played 9 games, but he only                 threw for 1,700 yards in those games.  That projects him for somewhere around 3,200-3,400 yards.  This is a guy that threw for close to 5,000 yards IRL last year, and like 20 of the                   CPU QBs threw for 4,000 or more.  

- My leading RB, Samaje Perine only rushed for 725 yards.  

- My top WR Pryor only had like 700 receiving yards.  

- The defense was really screwed up.  My top tackler had only like 60 tackles, compared to league leaders with like 120.  

- My team leader in sacks was Ryan Kerrigan with 5.  That is ridiculous when sacks were so prevalent around the rest of the league.  

- Then I did a quick offseason.  Free Agency pretty much sucked, there were no good players available to sign.  I haven't looked at who's going to be available IRL though so maybe its a down year for FA.  

- Scouting has not changed, its still exactly the same, which is dumb.  

- From what I could tell the draft has not changed. My friend told me he thought they changed the draft presentation, but it looked exactly the same to me.  

- The draft class was ok.  There were a few star players for the top of the draft.  I traded up to the #1 pick and drafted a 6'4' CB with 96 SPD 96 ACC.  He was an 81 OVR.  

- The middle of the draft is still full of CBs and WRs that should go undrafted.  The draft classes don't seem improved at all to me.  

- The AI trading logic is worse than ever.  The Jets had the #1 overall pick.  I was able to trade them #16 overall and my backup 68 OVR QB for the #1 overall pick straight up.  

In conclusion, its exactly like Madden from last year with a new coat of paint, a few upgrades in gameplay, and roster update.  Franchise mode has no improvements whatsoever IMO.

Archived