Madden 18

bucsfan333

27 minutes ago, stallyns said:

So at the moment, the game won't let me do anything except play the Pats-Falcons game. (MUT, Franchise and Long shot are locked as are rosters, sliders etc).  Probably until closer to Mid EST. I'm currently playing as the Falcons and just scored a TD to take a 28-3 lead. ??

As soon as I finished the game everything was unlocked. Either they want you to play that game or there was an install. The initial install was done but when I moved the cursor over to franchise it did say installing under the lock ? 

I did win 35-13

7 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm really craving Madden right now, so I think I'll get it as soon as it's used.  The best feature so far is being able to start a franchise mode at any point in the season because I like starting a franchise mode immediately after the NFL season ends, but I hate having to go through and make the standings accurate, and I never get the right statistics.  That is, I must say, a huge improvement and one that will make Madden 18 worth buying for me.  Definitely not buying it new though.  I might get Madden 17 if its used price drops below 20, and then pick up Madden 18 around the end of the regular season. 

Wow....I do the same exact thing.   Since I enjoy building a franchise going forward, I usually prefer to start after the current season and have everything as it is as of the end of the season, and build from there.

And yes, I am really craving videogame football as well.     Not so much Madden, but short of going back to 2K5, there arent any other options.   

9 hours ago, stallyns said:

As soon as I finished the game everything was unlocked. Either they want you to play that game or there was an install. The initial install was done but when I moved the cursor over to franchise it did say installing under the lock ? 

I did win 35-13

I think that's how it usually goes, right? With sports games you have to play the opening game in it before you can do anything else

The only reason it's tempting to me to get it is because I've gotten every one since madden 06. I feel like it's wrong not to get it lol. But I'm staying strong and hoping more of longshots ends up on YouTube. 

I can confirm same game as last year. Even the menus are still the same. Gameplay hardlt any difference. I don't expect too much from a sports gane in one year but they literally put out Madden 17 with a roster update and lame story mode..

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I can confirm same game as last year. Even the menus are still the same. Gameplay hardlt any difference. I don't expect too much from a sports gane in one year but they literally put out Madden 17 with a roster update and lame story mode..

Not much different than people buying the same phone over and over.

I used to be one of those people that got frustrated with Madden never changing. But I'm not going to play the same one for the rest of time. I typically get it every 2 or 3 years. I've only bought two in back to back years once (10 and then 11 when the glory of Drew Brees graced the cover). I think Madden's still really fun. It could be way better, for sure, but I look at the glass half full.

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

xDxDxD oh jeez

1 minute ago, Crickett said:

So, I have to ask how the story mode is.  Is it worth it for someone who hasn't purchased a Madden game in a decade to buy?

It'll surely be on YouTube sometime if you wanna save some money 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Thanks for saying that. Just cancelled my preorder.

Can somebody who bought it please get a little bit more detailed about franchise mode when they get a second please?

I get that it's the exact same thing and that there are no changes, but let's be realistic... We all hate Madden, and yet we know there have been changes. 

Just based on things that came out about additions/improvements, can you talk a little more on those?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2017/05/13/madden-18-features-10-reasons-you-should-be-excited-for-this-years-game/#49c759e24d19
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2017/06/16/madden-18-news-30-things-we-know-about-the-game-after-e3-week/#203a3d406589

How is the target passing?
What is coverage assignment like?
Coaching adjustments, how's that?
Is the zone coverage as improved as advertised? 
How are the DB/WR matchups?  Is it easy to align them by best overall or height or speed like the second link says you can?
MOST IMPORTANTLY, how are the simulated stats in a season?  Are the QB passing, RB running, WR receiving, DB interceptions, pass rusher sack totals at least somewhat believable, or are there any glaring problems there?  2015 the leading sacker was ALWAYS under 10 sacks for every simulated team.  2016 the leading passer ALWAYS had over 5,000 yards, and multiple QBs had over 5,000 yards. 
How is progression overall?  Do teams end up with multiple quarterbacks above 90 overall? 
Has scouting been changed at all?

I get that the entire layout is the same and the gameplay FEELS the same, but there have to be nuanced changes, and I'd like some information on those before I decide when to buy the game (first used price drop, second, third...)

Take your time with your answers, but whoever gets these games please answer these questions. 

Archived