Madden 18

bucsfan333

3 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

I thought Longshot was just a my player mode. Looks like something completely different.

I haven't played it yet but my expectation was it was more like a Telltale Games (Walking Dead, Game of Thrones etc) choose your own adventure type setup 

Is the franchise mode the same? Longshot doesn't sound like something that's gonna interest me long term. I can just watch that on YouTube.

I like grinding mut but idk if it's worth paying retail right off the bat for it.

30 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

What's the point of Longshot? 

1. Do you actually play games in high school and through college?
2. Do you get to draft your character in franchise mode? 

Longshot is more of a movie then a typical career mode. You make the decisions that can alter the way your story plays out. You do not play any games in Longshot, instead it puts you in in crucial moments and more often then not it decides who you are throwing to and you just hit the button. You get play time in High School and College games where your on field decisions will determine your grade on your scouting report. Your speech checks will also effect your status as a prospect. Longshot unfortunately doesn't end in franchise mode but instead prompts you to continue "the story" of Devon Wade through MUT challenges. 

I'm not typically into MUT but it is definitely a draw this year. MUT Squads brings back online team play where you play 3 v 3 online and everyone controls a player on both sides of the ball. Decks are combined by each person selecting a role as the OC, DC, or HC. And it is not as impossible to get coins to upgrade your team. You CAN have a competitive team in MUT by grinding. Dailys offer good payouts and and challenges in general reward you more then they have in the past. 

13 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

MOST IMPORTANTLY, how are the simulated stats in a season?  Are the QB passing, RB running, WR receiving, DB interceptions, pass rusher sack totals at least somewhat believable, or are there any glaring problems there?  2015 the leading sacker was ALWAYS under 10 sacks for every simulated team.  2016 the leading passer ALWAYS had over 5,000 yards, and multiple QBs had over 5,000 yards.

I just ran sim on on the 17-18 season and the stats are MUCH improved. I am going to do a few more just to see if it's consistent. But for people who are using Madden as a franchise sim, these stats look promising.

See Stats Here

54 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

I just ran sim on on the 17-18 season and the stats are MUCH improved. I am going to do a few more just to see if it's consistent. But for people who are using Madden as a franchise sim, these stats look promising.

See Stats Here

This is definitely good to see. Though Dalvin Cook going full LenDale White with 599 yards and 17 touchdowns is pretty great.

5 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

See Stats Here

Appreciate this....and if possible, let us know if it looks good after multiple season.   

A few other questions as well....

1) What do mediocre/poor QB stats look like?    Are they realistic too?

2) What do RB stats look like?   There have been some years where even elite RBs were lucky to hit 1000 yards, and the YPC were messed up.

3) Sack stats?    Are mainly 34 OLBs and 43 DEs getting most of the sacks?    And are there an absurd amount?   I get annoyed big time when the sack record is being broken almost every year.

7 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

See Stats Here

I'm missing how this is good. Dalvin with 17 tds lmao? And Bosa with 25 sacks? Watson 4th in pass yards? Roethlisberger throwing single digit interceptions and playing a whole season? Legarette blount averaging 6 ypc? Rbs in general all having double digit tds? Ted Ginn going over 1000 for the first time in his career at 32 years old?

Archived