Madden 18

bucsfan333

4 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

Yeah I would recommend everyone to play it... It's short, but man, emotional ending

What "worries" me is that this will be yet another excuse for EA, moving forward, for not addressing other, more pressing issues.

That seems like it will appeal to alot of casual fans and they will keep trying to push that forward instead of improving franchise or gameplay, and they will slowly turn that into another cash clicker feature....and in 5 years, people will be paying $9 to add different expansions and features to Longshot.   ¬¬

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

What "worries" me is that this will be yet another excuse for EA, moving forward, for not addressing other, more pressing issues.

That seems like it will appeal to alot of casual fans and they will keep trying to push that forward instead of improving franchise or gameplay, and they will slowly turn that into another cash clicker feature....and in 5 years, people will be paying $9 to add different expansions and features to Longshot.   ¬¬

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Going to go out on a limb here and say I find it hard to believe that your very thought at one point in this day was "Well, let's see if that one poster on that one football site is still contemplating Madden as a future purchase."

Sounds a bit far-fetched. ;)

I check to see if 43 and horizonto are complaining about madden all the time xD

12 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I check to see if 43 and horizonto are complaining about madden all the time xD

Maybe you and SJax should actually discuss what you think about the game instead of obsessing over me.    ^_^

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Maybe you and SJax should actually discuss what you think about the game instead of obsessing over me.    ^_^

I have discussed it bro. Even though I haven't played it and probably won't. It's just entertaining seeing how much you guys hate EA 

13 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I have discussed it bro. Even though I haven't played it and probably won't. It's just entertaining seeing how much you guys hate EA 

I discuss the game 2 or 3 times a year....around this time of year when a new version is released and once or twice in the offseason when Im starved for football and realize this is the only option.    This is a discussion forum, ya know?

My "hate" for EA is because Madden never notably improves, and EA has a long, documented history of taking major franchises (NFL, Harry Potter, Star Wars, etc...) and making them into mediocre games, and just riding their wave of popularity to sell their inferior product.  

Im not hating on them for the sake of hating on them.    Its because they are wasting the NFL license year after year.

If you guys like the game....so be it.  Power to you.   Maybe focus on that and less about how I feel about the game.

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

While I get what you're saying, I find it hard to see ea coming up with an original story every year for it. So I'd like to think that won't be the case but who knows 

Longshot is literally just to cover up the fact that nothing has changed.  "Hey guys, we got nothing and we're not going to get anything by way of improvements to the game this year.  What can we make for a nickel?" 

"Let's make a short story mode that can't be used in franchise mode."

6 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Going to go out on a limb here and say I find it hard to believe that your very thought at one point in this day was "Well, let's see if that one poster on that one football site is still contemplating Madden as a future purchase."

Sounds a bit far-fetched. ;)

Not really. I used to run a madden league here and would consistently be in the madden threads for years and every year the same person with the same avi posts about how much he hates madden every single year. If you go back through the threads of the old forum either other people acknowledged it.

Im mainly a lurker now, though. Im too good for the scrubs posting here. :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, S-jax39 said:

Not really. I used to run a madden league here and would consistently be in the madden threads for years and every year the same person with the same avi posts about how much he hates madden every single year. If you go back through the threads of the old forum either other people acknowledged it.

Im mainly a lurker now, though. Im too good for the scrubs posting here. :ph34r:

Its sad that it bothers you so much you feel the need to cry about my negative opinion of Madden year after year.

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

While I get what you're saying, I find it hard to see ea coming up with an original story every year for it. So I'd like to think that won't be the case but who knows 

Well, like...next year, I could see them continuing it into possibly the focus on the guys NFL career.

I cant see this being a one off, and they arent going to keep the same mode with the same exact story in it next year.

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Has anyone played Blitz the league or the Arena Football game that came out like 7-8 years ago?

Both were better than Madden.

Come on man. You know that's not true. That AFL game was absolutely atrocious. I know exactly what game you're talking about because my brother hyped it up like crazy.... only to play it about 5 times and return it to GameStop...

I don't get the hate for this Madden game. I find it much better than last year; which was a good game. Disappointed in the lack of new features for CFM, but Longshot is great, changes to MUT are great and the new game play features speak for themselves. MUT Squads is a nice little addition as well.

3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Has anyone played Blitz the league or the Arena Football game that came out like 7-8 years ago?

Both were better than Madden.

Blitz the League had its moments and was kind of fun.....but it was a 100% arcadish, over the top football game and thus, not entirely comparable to Madden.      Its like comparing NBA Jam to NBA 2K.     

I always hoped they would make a sequel to Blitz the League and improve the gameplay and perhaps include some type of franchise mode.     The original had its moments, but the game play was a bit weak and there was really no strategy to it other than to try to injure key players.

Even though Madden is very meh....there is much more substance to it than Blitz.....not because Madden is great, but because Blitz was IMO only mildly entertaining for a few hours, and then there was not much reason to play it again.      If the gameplay was better, it might be fun to play the occasional 1on1 game.....but it really wasnt IMO.  

6 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Come on man. You know that's not true. That AFL game was absolutely atrocious. I know exactly what game you're talking about because my brother hyped it up like crazy.... only to play it about 5 times and return it to GameStop...

I don't get the hate for this Madden game. I find it much better than last year; which was a good game. Disappointed in the lack of new features for CFM, but Longshot is great, changes to MUT are great and the new game play features speak for themselves. MUT Squads is a nice little addition as well.

Ive even said I enjoyed the gameplay in  2017, even with its faults.....but as a offline franchise fan, I just get annoyed with them continuously ignoring it.

Havent played 18 yet, but the gameplay likely wouldnt be my major hangup about the game.

If they would....

1) Make coaches (at least head coaches and coordinators) REALLY matter in franchise.    Coaches are basically just window dressing in Madden that really have no real impact on a team, when they should have a profound impact.

2) Add coach mode back to the game.     Its the best way to experience franchise mode IMO.

3) Add fully customizable draft classes,    Obvious reasons.   EA's draft classes are horribly done.

4) Improve CPU free agency and draft logic (which supposedly has gotten better)....and allow a few big name FAs to actually hit FA every year.

....if they just did those 4 things,  that would IMO improve franchise dramatically.   There are numerous other improvements they could make, but those 4 would be a great start.  

Archived