Madden 18

bucsfan333

Just now, NS922 said:

Seriously, them not improving parts of the game is one thing, but to actually REMOVE some of the best parts of the game is really stupid.

Exactly.  That's the worst thing about EA.  It's one thing to put out the same product every year, but to remove elements that people liked is just shameful. 

53 minutes ago, showtime said:

I completely disagree.  Madden 04 was good for it's time because the expectations and standards were so low.  And just to be completely clear, I am only talking about game play.  I noticed in some of the previous post you gentlemen were talking about franchise mode and other things.  For instance, speaking on the game play, as bucsfan333 just mentioned, Michael Vick was unstoppable.  Back then there really was not a reliable way to stop a scrambling quarterback like Michael Vick because of lacking defensive assignments, hot routes, audibles, and coverages.

You can disagree all you want, but your opinion is still in the extreme minority.

Expectations for Madden 04 were low?  What exactly is this based on?    This is back when EA still had competition and they were still trying,

I agree Michael Vick was overpowered, but that was mainly vs other people who cheesed with him and exploited the shortcomings of the game.

Im not saying Madden 04 was amazing or anything....but whether you liked it or not, Madden 04 was during the "glory years" of Madden.     Despite its flaws, it was still a leap ahead in alot of areas, including many aspects of gameplay, franchise mode and useful features.   

17 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Exactly.  That's the worst thing about EA.  It's one thing to put out the same product every year, but to remove elements that people liked is just shameful. 

They put features in....take them out....and then put them back in again 5 years later, touting it as a revolutionary new feature.   -_-

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, the reason Madden 03-06 or whenever was good was because it actually felt like you were controlling an NFL team and not just playing football or whatever, I don't know how to explain it.

Players could get suspended I think (that's probably not true), but I know for a fact that some players would hold out or do things in the offseason that took away from their time with the team.  Players actually felt like they had personality/character.

That's what I miss most about franchise mode.  In those days:

*Concession prices and seat prices mattered.  You had to control all aspects.  Now, you don't even have to go in there.
*Coaches mattered.  Coordinators mattered.  Now you don't even have coordinators. 
*Players had personality, or at least the risk of personality.
*Drafting was better.
*Stats at the end of the season were REALISTIC.  Seriously, how hard is this one factor?

The gameplay was absolutely terrible, but everything else about it was great.

More true to a real simulation of NFL football, for the lack of better words...

Has anyone tried playing a career as a QB yet? If so... Did they fix the issue of your RB being a complete retard? It was basically impossible to have a good running game when you didn't control the RB because even when there was a hole I swear it seemed like the programming for the RB was simply run into the closest defender... So annoying.

Sadly, all the people who want to play single-player game modes in Madden suffer the most.  I know there are a lot of people who want to control most of what goes on in their franchise and want to simulate games with realistic stats.  Unfortunately, EA does not make money that way.  I am willing to bet EA makes way more money on Ultimate Team alone than they do from all the copies of Madden they actually sell.  Constant micro-transactions is how developers continue to make money after selling the consumer the initial game, so game modes that take advantage of micro-transactions will always be prioritized and focused on by developers.

13 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Its considered the glory years because it had many great advances between 03-05 in almost every area..    You are in the vast minority in thinking 04 was terrible FOR ITS TIME..    NOW, IMO, Madden's gameplay has never been truly great and NFL 2K5's gameplay was notably superior to most Maddens of that time frame (although 2K gets somewhat overrated as well).

I wouldnt go back and play those games over current games, but for its time, Madden 04 was easily a better game than current day Madden is today.   

For me Madden 07 on PS2 was the best madden

Just now, hornbybrown said:

For me Madden 07 on PS2 was the best madden

Madden 95 SNES, Madden 05 PS2, Madden 08 PC and Madden 12 PS3 are my top Madden's.   Those are the Madden's I sunk crazy amount of time into.

22 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

What did madden 18 remove??

I just got it today. The first thing that's immediately noticeable is how much better the presentation is. I don't know how it was the past 2 years since my last Madden was 15, but it's better than it was then. The commentary is better. The graphics do seem a bit improved. The only complaint I have so far is that you can't seem to manage the menu music. I haven't seen or heard the full soundtrack but the first two songs were garbage and I had to turn the menu music off completely. And also, Willie Snead doesn't have blond hair in this game. Minor gripe but that's his signature look! So that's my first impression. I like it so far.

3 minutes ago, NS922 said:

I just got it today. The first thing that's immediately noticeable is how much better the presentation is. I don't know how it was the past 2 years since my last Madden was 15, but it's better than it was then. The commentary is better. The graphics do seem a bit improved. The only complaint I have so far is that you can't seem to manage the menu music. I haven't seen or heard the full soundtrack but the first two songs were garbage and I had to turn the menu music off completely. And also, Willie Snead doesn't have blond hair in this game. Minor gripe but that's his signature look! So that's my first impression. I like it so far.

On PS4 you can use R3 to go to music to check/uncheck tracks. Someone with XBOne can answer this for you if that is what you have

Archived