Madden 18

bucsfan333

Put me in the boat that only cares about Franchise/Career mode. MUT/online gaming isn't for me. I prefer building up my own team through trades/FA and developing the players. Madden 17 was the first one I have bought in years after buying Madden every single year. I thoroughly enjoyed it as it was a big step up from the last Madden I played (4 years ago?).

So I am playing with EA Access. I actually cannot tell the difference between this and Madden 17. Like, its literally the same game. There is no difference, even the menu is the same. It's the same game. Did i mention; that its the same game?

11 hours ago, gillam said:

So I am playing with EA Access. I actually cannot tell the difference between this and Madden 17. Like, its literally the same game. There is no difference, even the menu is the same. It's the same game. Did i mention; that its the same game?

Sounds like they were really lazy this year more than usual and literally put out the same game. They added the story mode which not many will care about (this is a frickin sports game..) in an attempt to make it look like the game ia different than last year. 

Honestly EA is probably the company I respect the least in the world. 

There have to be SOME differences to franchise mode.  Coverage for example.  And maybe the simulation stats.  I refuse to believe there aren't at least minimal improvements.  Actually, I don't want to believe there aren't minimal improvements.

My personal opinion is the game is a lot smoother. A.I. is definitely better. Picks happen more realistically as well. Also noticed penalties called on a normal rate. They fixed some glitches (LIKE REMOVING THE UNNECESSARY BLOCKS IN THE BACK!!! >:(>:()

From my personal view, the game feels smoother, AI is better and the game is overall more realistic. I tried to scramble with a 79 OVR QB (MUT) to the right really fast and throw a bullet 20+ yards out (on Pro, in a MUT challenge) and the pass missed by a bit. To me, that seems totally fair. Aaron Rodgers (say, an 89/90 OVR card) should hit that throw. A random high gold? No, he should not. 

Also, no more MLB making ridiculous picks. OL are better, but still make some dumb mistakes. DL aren't warping to OL... Thank God.

18 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

It sounds like they spent more time with the new engine, graphics, and the dumb filler crap we all hold A to skip than actually improving franchise or gameplay.

I mean....isnt that pretty much every year?

Its one thing to ignore certain elements year after year, but what annoys me more than anything are the excuses.

Usually....its the development cycle excuse....but that excuse doesnt fly IMO when you are charging $60 for the game every year.  There are games that are in development for 5-6 years and charge $60 for a game that got much more time and love.     EA updates the rosters, throws a new coat of paint on, tweaks the AI a bit and adds a few feature that dont usually make the game notably better, and somehow....thats supposedly worth $60 every single year.    If you want the right to cry about development cycle, then start charge $30 a year or $40 at most.   Until then, EA has no legs to stand on when it comes to the short development cycles.

THIS YEAR, they made a new moronic excuse.   They stated that they wanted freaking NBA LIve and Madden to be on same page, which is a reason they supposedly held back on franchise improvements, because next year they plan on huge franchise upgrades for NBA Live and Madden.    This makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever.    I could KIND OF understand if they were talking about NCAA Football and getting it back in line with Madden so they could create imported draft classes and things like that, but WHAT THE FFFFFF..........DOES NBA LIVES DEVELOPMENT HAVE TO DO WITH MADDEN?!?!?!?   There should be two separate freaking teams working on those games and they shouldnt have anything to do with one another!   Besides which, we know whats going to happen......NBA Live, as usual, will be notably inferior to NBA 2K, and after 2 or 3 years, EA will realize they cant corner the basketball market with minimal effort like they do with the NFL and Madden, so they will give up and NBA Live will disappear for another 5+ years.   

Picking up the game at 9. I love franchise but I get bored with EA's franchise mode quick. I also don't have the time to lab for hours and play online as competitive as I use to. So I'm not sure what I'll primarily do with the game this year. 

I'm really craving Madden right now, so I think I'll get it as soon as it's used.  The best feature so far is being able to start a franchise mode at any point in the season because I like starting a franchise mode immediately after the NFL season ends, but I hate having to go through and make the standings accurate, and I never get the right statistics.  That is, I must say, a huge improvement and one that will make Madden 18 worth buying for me.  Definitely not buying it new though.  I might get Madden 17 if its used price drops below 20, and then pick up Madden 18 around the end of the regular season. 

Haven't bought a Madden in a decade but I'm getting the itch to play video game football and I'm like 35 years into my last NCAA legacy. Asking this question for those here who would know...which is the best madden for customizing and creating a fictional league? Doesn't seem like any of the recent ones fit the bill at the level of Madden 05 or 07.

So at the moment, the game won't let me do anything except play the Pats-Falcons game. (MUT, Franchise and Long shot are locked as are rosters, sliders etc).  Probably until closer to Mid EST. I'm currently playing as the Falcons and just scored a TD to take a 28-3 lead. ??

Archived