Bobby's Tonyan's Open Letter.....

vegas492

Thought this deserved it's own thread.  Give this a read.  Best thing you'll read about the Packers in maybe decades.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/green-bay-wrote-140108622.html

He gives insight to the players within the organization and how many of them have helped him reach his potential.  #12, Bakh, Lewis, 'Vante.

Very well written and heartfelt.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Sounds like a guy who is gonna jump at a chance to sign a long term deal with GB.

I may go get my first GB jersey since #4.

I don't have a #4 for GB. Only for the Falcons ( I know kind of lame).

Only jersey of GB I own is Woodson. Need to get a Rodgers one. Contenders for the next one are Bobby, Jaire, Adams, Jordy, Savage,  Z Smith,  Bak, and maybe MVS for spite.

2 hours ago, pgwingman said:

Pretty cool article. I wonder why Aaron ever approached him in the first place, or if he approaches everyone like that.

Just a feeling, I think that's just kinda his demeanor.  I think he's one of those "I'm gonna be as awkward as possible to break the ice" people.  But I think he's also the type that is going to rub flaky people the wrong way.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Sounds like a guy who is gonna jump at a chance to sign a long term deal with GB.

I may go get my first GB jersey since #4.

At the end of the day, money is going to win out.  How many times have we legitimately seen players take significant paycuts to stick around that weren't towards the end of their career?  The good news is that he's a RFA at the end of the year, so his options are limited.

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

At the end of the day, money is going to win out.  How many times have we legitimately seen players take significant paycuts to stick around that weren't towards the end of their career?  The good news is that he's a RFA at the end of the year, so his options are limited.

Not disagreeing at all.  I just feel like Tonyan LOVES being a Packer.  That means something to him.  He may choose a GB offer that he can actually see the end of as opposed to a higher end deal that he will get two years into and be a potential cut.

But, that is just my feeling and my hope.  Nothing more than that.  

Just now, vegas492 said:

Not disagreeing at all.  I just feel like Tonyan LOVES being a Packer.  That means something to him.  He may choose a GB offer that he can actually see the end of as opposed to a higher end deal that he will get two years into and be a potential cut.

But, that is just my feeling and my hope.  Nothing more than that.  

I think they'll slap a SRP or FRP tender on him, and see if someone's willing to bite.  If a team is willing to cough up a SRP for Tonyan, you'd have to seriously consider that as a Packers' fan.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think they'll slap a SRP or FRP tender on him, and see if someone's willing to bite.  If a team is willing to cough up a SRP for Tonyan, you'd have to seriously consider that as a Packers' fan.

people wanted to draft worse TEs with a top 12 pick

there's no way GB would give up Tonyan for a 2nd round pick. That would be awful roster management

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yes. Bobby might be a great Packer, but he has an agent. The agent has a job, and that job is to look out for the financial interest of his client. It seems that tight ends are always highly regarded offensive weapons. (Just when you plan on using that late second round pick on a tight end in a deep draft, Richard Rodgers is the last one left.)

People will pay for what Tonyan has been showing on the field. There will be no home town discount here.