2021 TCMD - Inside the Locker

ny92mike

On 2/8/2021 at 1:25 AM, ny92mike said:

No winners but more teams picked the Bucs to win than I thought would.

@sparky151 @Trojan @whodatOL and myself picked the Tampa to win, but no one got the score correct. 

Super Bowl Projected Winner NFC Projected Score AFC Projected Score Name
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 10 ny92mike
Kansas City Chiefs 32 27 Deadpulse
Kansas City Chiefs 24 34 jch1911
Kansas City Chiefs 30 35 BowserBroncos
Kansas City Chiefs 31 23 squire12
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31 28 sparky151
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 38 28 Trojan
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31 27 whodatOL

I picked Tampa Bay as well although I'm guessing I missed that deadline.

Free Agency should start with a lot of movement.

Today is the first day of free agency of the 2021 TCMD, we should see a lot of contracts being handle late night when the free agency finally opens. Sources say that 120 contracts were offer until now, tho 9 teams still need to submit their 1st offers to their free agency target.

Of the 120 offers that were made 90 should have a definition today, as people close the situation say. In avarage, the chances of the contracts already offered being accepted by players today is 76.52%. A lot of money will be given folks!

Edited by BowserBroncos
  • Like 1

Reports are coming in from the Giants headquarters that they are all in on this free agency.  This is what the general manager had to say as we had a chance to briefly speak with him in the halls.

"Our team has a lot of youth and these early rounds are very important to us as we attempt to inject some veteran leadership on both sides of the ball.  We feel that we've been able to do this through trading around with a few teams but these players that we're attempting to acquire now will be the foundation of the franchise for several years.  Our contract builders are squeezing every nickel we have without completely leaving us broke to get land these guys."

"Walk with me...We are also looking to retain some of our own guys as well.  We'd hate to lose them to another team, so we're competing we believe, just isn't easy to pull off when you don't have a winning season"  "These players have to think about themselves too, as much as we'd love them to think Blue 24/7."  "Alright, look you're not coming into the bathroom with me, I gotta take a dump"

john witherspoon bathroom GIF

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

The Washington Football Team has cap space. Will they use it? Sources tell Coalbin Cowturd they have their eye on two or three prized possessions in this FA class. Let's see if they can land them.

@IanSnackinmyfort - As first reported by Cowturd, Washington is targeting three key FAs to start. One of them is being targeted by two other teams. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds. 

Inside the Locker is reporting that negotiations are coming to an impasse with a particular Giants player.  Giant front office is stating that the team is deadlocked on the amount that they can offer to one of their prior players and that unless something changes with negotiations with another team, or unless they can convince him to stay by offering extras in the food line, the team will be forced to seek out other avenues to fill this massive positional void he would leave.

Giants front office does not sound happy about this.

Stephan AB. Smyth reports that the Texans have bought Deshaun Watson some roses & a bottle of bubbly.

The team has also cleared cap space by restructuring one of DW4's favorite targets (Cooks) and extending his longtime defensive captain as well as mentor (J.J. Watt).

Are they going to sign him a free agent RB to take some of the load off of him??? Signs point to --> YES!?!

Are they planning to sign a stud CB to help their leaky defense? One would hope so!

• Like 1

More offers are being made before deals can become official.

Things are heat up for the start of TCMD free agency. Few hours ago we learned that 9 teams still haven't made an offer to their targets, but now sources says 4 of those teams have arrived on the negociations. 155 contracts offers were made until now and already are with the players and agents to evaluate.

Over 100 of those offer should have a answer tonight. Even with 4 more teams, sources confirm that the success rate of those offer should be over 70%. One player in particular have received offers from four different teams. Could that be the LG Joe Thuney? Who asked for a real low avarage per year, but will probaby sign for wait more than 2.8M per year.

Can the Super Bowl Champs keep the band together? 6 free agents from Tampa have received contract offers, not sure if all those players will sign tonight.

Green Bay Packers announce the hiring of a new Defensive Coordinator

Jim Leonhard

• 10 year NFL player with Buffalo, Baltimore, NYJ, Denver, Cleveland
  • Previously Defensive Coordinator at University of Wisconsin

Coach Leonhard will bring a new energy and enthusiasm to the GB coaching staff.  We feel the defense is positioned with key pieces at

• DL  -- Kenny Clark
  • EDGE -- Za'Darius Smith, Rashan Gary, Preston Smith
  • CB -- Jaire Alexander
  • Safety -- Adrian Amos, Darnell Savage

Image result for jim leonhard