Journey to Ring 3: Club Evaluation & Building Another Champion

DreamKid

Word on the street is that Bowser injured himself doing something stupid away from the team (speculation there was alcohol involved) and is super embarrassed about it, so if that’s the case we’ll never get the story.

I’m team OL/CB/Edge for our first round pick. Dark horse is WR. Bateman just ain’t it and OBJ won’t be back I don’t think. Would love to resign Agholor as a solid #3. 

22 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Word on the street is that Bowser injured himself doing something stupid away from the team (speculation there was alcohol involved) and is super embarrassed about it, so if that’s the case we’ll never get the story.

I’m team OL/CB/Edge for our first round pick. Dark horse is WR. Bateman just ain’t it and OBJ won’t be back I don’t think. Would love to resign Agholor as a solid #3. 

I'm going to Vegas this week and will be attending several NFL parties so it is now my mission to uncover this story.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm going to Vegas this week and will be attending several NFL parties so it is now my mission to uncover this story.

Hell yeah, be a sleeper agent and get the scoop

Have fun that sounds sick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

INB4 The forum is involved in a huge scandal where AFS is caught sleeping with high powered NFL executives for intel 🤣.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Hell yeah, be a sleeper agent and get the scoop

Have fun that sounds sick

35 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

INB4 The forum is involved in a huge scandal where AFS is caught sleeping with high powered NFL executives for intel 🤣.

All I know is that if you guys never hear from me again, assume I died in Vegas after the 2nd night lol

• Like 3

On 2/4/2024 at 12:00 PM, Ray Reed said:

I don't know about stupid or alcohol (could be, I just don't know), but it is definitely a Non-football injury that voided his contract from everything the team said/did this year.

I definitely want OT more than anything else position-wise. We've "gotten by" at edge, because of the coverage over pass rush slant we've had with roster construction. I see no reason to change that, yet.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

Just thinking about which positions are in most/least need (going from least needy to most):

QB
SS
C
ILB
TE

DL (if tag/sign Madubuike)

I'd say pretty much any other position we could go with. BPA makes sense for any G, OT, RB, WR, Edge, CB, FS.

Things will change pretty rapidly once we see what the Ravens do in free agency.

On 2/4/2024 at 12:00 PM, Ray Reed said:

On 2/4/2024 at 12:23 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I just had Clinton Portis and Santana Moss at my company event myself, wish I’d known the gossip, I might’ve asked if they’re plugged in at least.

I know CP lives in North Carolina area now, so maybe it’s a long shot, but he is always in the area, so maybe he had some dirt. 😅

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I just had Clinton Portis and Santana Moss at my company event myself, wish I’d known the gossip, I might’ve asked if they’re plugged in at least.

I know CP lives in North Carolina area now, so maybe it’s a long shot, but he is always in the area, so maybe he had some dirt. 😅

We're gonna have Marky Mark and Kyle Hamilton at our events so I'm pretty sure they should know. Also strong chance I'll be meeting Ed Reed on Saturday but 0% chance I ask him about that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I don't know about stupid or alcohol (could be, I just don't know), but it is definitely a Non-football injury that voided his contract from everything the team said/did this year.

I definitely want OT more than anything else position-wise. We've "gotten by" at edge, because of the coverage over pass rush slant we've had with roster construction. I see no reason to change that, yet.

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Just thinking about which positions are in most/least need (going from least needy to most):

QB
SS
C
ILB
TE

DL (if tag/sign Madubuike)

I'd say pretty much any other position we could go with. BPA makes sense for any G, OT, RB, WR, Edge, CB, FS.

Things will change pretty rapidly once we see what the Ravens do in free agency.

Yeah I think a LT that can be a LG plug in is the ideal option. Someone that can be our Jonathan Ogden option to wait in the wings. If come 2025 NFL draft we have an elite LT fall to us we could still have that guy as an elite LG but if not we can replace Stanley with that player.

Backup however for me would be a pure LG option, someone that has technical skill, strength, and athleticism. Particularly players that have versatility within them.

Then 3rd place I think for me would be at the DT and WR positions. I think both are spots where I could see us going with a BPA or drafting someone in the 3rd round regardless of if we resign Madubuike or not. At DT that’s a spot where I’m sure we could be active in the trade market or veteran market and without the elite pass rush DT we would construct a dominant run defense with guys that can be very quality all around and hope someone like Travis Jones or Broderick Washington can make a leap into being impact rush threats inside.

Lastly I think if a lockdown corner falls than that’s also a position we would have to strongly consider, but it’s probably slightly below the others as we do have two quality corner options (when healthy) in Marlon Humphrey and Brandon Stephens, along with a host of guys that could make a jump and are solid in Ardarius Washington and Pepe Williams.

As it stands at our 1st round pick my ranking for players, realistically speaking based on current “stock”, would look something like:

Troy Fautanu
Jaxon Powers-Johnson
Brian Thomas Jr
Jer'Zhan Newton
Kool-Aid McKinstry
Cooper DeJean
Troy Franklin
Xavier Legette
Tyler Guyton
Grahan Barton

I’m still situating where to rank and place these guys but I’m quite confident in the top 3 guys and if they’re available those being “the guys” for our pick. Fautanu is more what we need, but JPJ reminds me of Creed Humphrey who was my most ideal Ravens center in recent memory… only I think JPJ might be better, while the center ship has sailed considering Linderbaum I was also very high on, I think JPJ could be that elite guard that paired with Linderbaum and Cleveland along the inside could be incredible to deal with upfront for a defense between athleticism and power.

Fautanu is moreso reminiscent of Rashawn Slater from a few years back. Not as young coming out, but similar athleticism and length. Not as powerful to be a road grader, but could be an elite guard with his athleticism and could still probably be a really good LT but questions would persist.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We're gonna have Marky Mark and Kyle Hamilton at our events so I'm pretty sure they should know. Also strong chance I'll be meeting Ed Reed on Saturday but 0% chance I ask him about that.

Even better. That’s prime gossip then. Though tbf Kyle Hamilton and Andrews seem like the type of no nonsense types that won’t spill wine… though maybe getting them drunk is the key. 😂 

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Even better. That’s prime gossip then. Though tbf Kyle Hamilton and Andrews seem like the type of no nonsense types that won’t spill wine… though maybe getting them drunk is the key. 😂 

Kyle was great on my gf's show earlier this year so he shouldn't be an issue. Mark I 100% agree with, but we'll see how loose he is - if it's anything like Raheem Mostert he's gonna be coming over to every group going "who wants to do shots with THE HEEEEEM?" (this is real btw)

• Like 1

If Jerzhan or Murphy is there the ravens should go with the bpa pick in the 1st, pair on those guys up with madibuke, and you got one of the best interior pass rushing duo. This is  a deep lineman/wr draft you can get a guy like coleman/mcmillan later in the draft

• Like 1

I have returned alive and unharmed from Vegas.

Highlights include:

• Met Marlon, Kyle Hamilton, Kyle Van Noy and Ed Reed (didn't get a picture with Ed though but ran into him as we were leaving the Saturday night party and he was going in. Got to tell him he's the reason I started following the Ravens and playing football and he was like "Hell yeah that's what I love to hear!"). All VERY nice guys. Marlo is exactly as you'd think lol
  • Hung out all Wednesday night with Raheem Mostert and his wife, and got to do carpool karaoke with them in an Uber and got hella drunk at a club which was awesome. He's a ******* gem.
  • Met Austin Ekeler and Mark Ingram on Wednesday and chatted them up a little bit as well.
  • Didn't ask any of the players about Tyus Bowser, but did ask an agent who knows several Ravens players and is very connected into that and even he had no clue about it.
  • Met several other people including Scott Hanson, Joe Montana, JSN, Christian Kirk and Kyren Williams. 

Overall phenomenal week, 10/10 I was star struck the entire week. Didn't puke either!

pics if anyone cares: Jason on X: "Photo dump of the amazing human beings I was lucky enough to meet in Las Vegas this week. From Scott Hanson to Joe Montana to Kyle Hamilton and Raheem Mostert. What a freaking AMAZING week! https://t.co/JDEoJYvx4c" / X (twitter.com)

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I have returned alive and unharmed from Vegas.

Highlights include:

• Met Marlon, Kyle Hamilton, Kyle Van Noy and Ed Reed (didn't get a picture with Ed though but ran into him as we were leaving the Saturday night party and he was going in. Got to tell him he's the reason I started following the Ravens and playing football and he was like "Hell yeah that's what I love to hear!"). All VERY nice guys. Marlo is exactly as you'd think lol
  • Hung out all Wednesday night with Raheem Mostert and his wife, and got to do carpool karaoke with them in an Uber and got hella drunk at a club which was awesome. He's a ******* gem.
  • Met Austin Ekeler and Mark Ingram on Wednesday and chatted them up a little bit as well.
  • Didn't ask any of the players about Tyus Bowser, but did ask an agent who knows several Ravens players and is very connected into that and even he had no clue about it.
  • Met several other people including Scott Hanson, Joe Montana, JSN, Christian Kirk and Kyren Williams. 

Overall phenomenal week, 10/10 I was star struck the entire week. Didn't puke either!

pics if anyone cares: Jason on X: "Photo dump of the amazing human beings I was lucky enough to meet in Las Vegas this week. From Scott Hanson to Joe Montana to Kyle Hamilton and Raheem Mostert. What a freaking AMAZING week! https://t.co/JDEoJYvx4c" / X (twitter.com)

Dude, that's awesome! I've had a couple run ins with Ravens players/coaches, but not Ed Reed, and he's is similarly my main fan inspiration.