TCMD(2021)

RedGold

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

Cuts:   Matt Moore,  Stefen Wisniewski,  Danny Isidora.      All are calculating into the Top 51 and are not with the team currently.      Do we want to cut them?   It'd only free up about 600k total,  but none of them really make sense at the bottom of a roster going into the offseason.... possibly later if we don't bring in better depth.

I'd just cut them. Need to look through the current roster after that, possibly a few more dimes to be gained. EDIT: Witzmann probably would be another cut. After that we're good.

That said, and I talked to Mike about this before, there is a flaw in the cap calculations:

1) draft picks don't count against the cap prior to the draft
2) after the draft they only count rookie minimum against the cap until signed
3) currently (and that's the flaw I talked to Mike about) the rookie pool counts against the cap ON TOP of the 51 highest paid players - thus the lowest contracts don't get pushed out of the top 51. With 10 picks the Chiefs currently count 61 contracts against the cap - not 51. Not sure whether Mike will fix it for this round of TCMD though.

Edited by KC_Guy

Looking at the depth chart ... some thoughts by position:

OT: Don't think we can further improve in FA. Something to look at come draft day. Some depth may be worth a look.
OG: Currently set, but not sure what LDT brings back. With Wisniewski, Witzmann, Isidora out depth may be an issue. Compton, Devey?
OC: Starter missing. Anyone still out there? If so: Target Round 3.
TE: #2 missing. Would like a reasonably priced vet. Low price Target Round 3
WR: #2 missing. Would prefer to draft unless someone cheap can take over. #4/5 needed. Target Round 3
RB: set.
QB: set.

DT: I think we are set unless someone of real value falls during the draft. Saunders may be the odd man out then.
DE: Same as DT, may be even better as I like me some Mike Danna.
LB: I'd like to add a full set, one OLB in starter quality. Probably not possible in FA. ILB may be a Target Round 3.
CB: At min ONE starter missing. Primary Target Round 3 - and on draft day. Mackensie Alexander? Quinton Dunbar? Darryl Roberts?
S: Not much behind the starters. Vet presence would be welcome. Low price Target Round 3.

ST: set.

Considering the remaining cap I think trying to get a starting caliber CB might be a challege but worth a try.

1 hour ago, KC_Guy said:

That said, and I talked to Mike about this before, there is a flaw in the cap calculations:

Yeah I noticed this as I was added guys. It will eventually take care of itself,  just gives us less to work with right now.   
I agree with most of your points in the next post. 

I’d still like to get another veteran at WR, C, LB, CB,  and possibly S.    Just depends on what we can get for the price.  

C Justin Britt - 2.5 Mil APY,  2 years
WR Kenny Stills - 1.5 APY, 2 Years
WR Keelan Doss - 780k
WR Dede Westbrook - 920k
TE Nick Boyle - 4.5 APY.   He’s probably still a couple rounds away from being in our range.
TE Richard Rodgers- 990k
TE Evan Baylis- 660k
LB Ben Niemann - 850k
LB Jordan Evans - 920k
LB Alex Anzalone- 920k
LB Shaquem Griffin - 850k
LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin - 920k
LB Tahir Whitehead- 1.8 Mil- 2 year
CB Cameron Sutton- 4.8 Mil- 4 year
CB Prince Amukamara- 3.3 Mil- 4 Year
S Bradley McDougald- 1.8 Mil- 4 Year
S Jaleel Addae- 1.08 Mil

Are a few of the guys “I” still like.   Though some of them we might have to wait and see if they sneak through to another round 

7 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Yeah I noticed this as I was added guys. It will eventually take care of itself,  just gives us less to work with right now.   
I agree with most of your points in the next post. 

I’d still like to get another veteran at WR, C, LB, CB,  and possibly S.    Just depends on what we can get for the price.  

C Justin Britt - 2.5 Mil APY,  2 years
WR Kenny Stills - 1.5 APY, 2 Years
WR Keelan Doss - 780k
WR Dede Westbrook - 920k
TE Nick Boyle - 4.5 APY.   He’s probably still a couple rounds away from being in our range.
TE Richard Rodgers- 990k
TE Evan Baylis- 660k
LB Ben Niemann - 850k
LB Jordan Evans - 920k
LB Alex Anzalone- 920k
LB Shaquem Griffin - 850k
LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin - 920k
LB Tahir Whitehead- 1.8 Mil- 2 year
CB Cameron Sutton- 4.8 Mil- 4 year
CB Prince Amukamara- 3.3 Mil- 4 Year
S Bradley McDougald- 1.8 Mil- 4 Year
S Jaleel Addae- 1.08 Mil

Are a few of the guys “I” still like.   Though some of them we might have to wait and see if they sneak through to another round 

I mentioned a few more guys at CB. Any thoughts? Amukamara ... not a fan.

LB Whitehead is a guy I liked some watching him play. Bringing back Niemann in a depth role I'm fine with.
TE depth I wouldn't spend to much cap on.

McDougald - one of the Magnificent Seven ... would be nice, but from what I read over the past two years (didn't watch him)... he's definitely on his way out.

BTW: any other of those guys left in the League?

Edited by KC_Guy

Crap ... McDougald was NOT part of that crew  ... he was signed as an UDFA that same year and played in only one game before being released.

Here are "Magnificent Seven" and their fate:

CB Ron Parker - retired prior to the 2020 season
DT Jaye Howard - last seen prior to 2017 season (CHI)
CB Marcus Cooper - last seen prior to 2019 season (NYJ)
LB Dezman Moses - last seen prior to 2016 season (KC)
TE Sean McGrath - last seen prior to 2018 season (DET)
LB James-Michael Johnson - last seen prior to 2016 season (MIA)
WR Chad Hall - WR coach for Buffalo Bills

Edited by KC_Guy

19 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

I mentioned a few more guys at CB. Any thoughts? Amukamara ... not a fan.

LB Whitehead is a guy I liked some watching him play. Bringing back Niemann in a depth role I'm fine with.
TE depth I wouldn't spend to much cap on.

McDougald - one of the Magnificent Seven ... would be nice, but from what I read over the past two years (didn't watch him)... he's definitely on his way out.

BTW: any other of those guys left in the League?

CB:   I like Dunbar,   I think Ted and I actually brought him in last year as well.         Alexander is gone,  he was signed last round.        I think 4.8 Mil might be pushing it for Dunbar though.   

I think we're all on board for Whitehead.   

MacDougald would be nice,  though he's more of a rangy safety,,, and wouldn't really fit into a Sorensen type role..   Kinda funny would had Sorensen and McDougald in the same UDFA class.

Unfortunately Tega Wanogho and Bayliss weren't on the PS.    He used that instead of the finally Future List.   

LB Tahir Whitehead (gives us a veteran behind Gay at least)
TE Richard Rodgers---    He's meh,   but at 990k.    He's definitely an upgrade from Keizer
CB  -  Take your pick, though this is probably the last of our contracts above Min.   Might be better to wait a round?

For the 4th Bid.    We're down to resignings.   Don't have to but these guys are cheap;

Mike Pennel
Antonio Hamilton
Anthony Sherman
Alex Okafor (I'd prefer to let him walk since we got Tanoh/Taco back)

Bashaud Breeland,    is down to 6.4 APY.     He's also an option but he'd for sure be the last of our FA additions about Min.

8 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

CB:   I like Dunbar,   I think Ted and I actually brought him in last year as well.         Alexander is gone,  he was signed last round.        I think 4.8 Mil might be pushing it for Dunbar though.   

Alexander is still listed as available here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13CEiVq7QdPODw-JpDZ7ZLCJ-rETdW2zDG2gO8mRAFnc/edit#gid=1520587192

Line 756

CB  -  Take your pick, though this is probably the last of our contracts above Min.   Might be better to wait a round?

Not sure that would help. Not an automatic players get cheaper when other team get into a crunch.
That said: Happy with either Alexander or Dunbar ...

Edited by KC_Guy

1 minute ago, KC_Guy said:

My bad,   His initial post of Round 2 was incorrect.   That must have been where I saw team got him.

Yes he's still available.  He's got 2 teams bidding on him right now.

18 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Alexander is still listed as available here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13CEiVq7QdPODw-JpDZ7ZLCJ-rETdW2zDG2gO8mRAFnc/edit#gid=1520587192

Line 756

Not sure that would help. Not an automatic players get cheaper when other team get into a crunch.
That said: Happy with either Alexander or Dunbar ...

True.   Though I'm hesitant to throw out a ton of dough at CB.     We already have Ward, Sneed, and Fenton.   That's not flashy, but all 3 have shown well enough to have regular PT.    A veteran would be very nice,  but we don't need a big money (I know 4 Mil isn't much, but it is when you have 7 haha).   

But I'm more than willing,  veteran CB is a need.   

Thoughts on Fabian Moreau?    He's played well,   looks like he kind of got passed on the starting Depth Chart this past year with Ronald Darby and Kendall Fuller signing there,  but played a ton in Nickel sets.     

8 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

We already have Ward, Sneed, and Fenton.   That's not flashy, but all 3 have shown well enough to have regular PT.    A veteran would be very nice,  but we don't need a big money (I know 4 Mil isn't much, but it is when you have 7 haha).   

But I'm more than willing,  veteran CB is a need.   

Thoughts on Fabian Moreau?    He's played well,   looks like he kind of got passed on the starting Depth Chart this past year with Ronald Darby and Kendall Fuller signing there,  but played a ton in Nickel sets.     

1. Happy with those 3? I'm not. Sneed yes, the other two are "workable" - but a bit more than that would help. And depth there is none. Definitely an area of interest for the draft as well.
2. What are you going to spenmd those 7 M$ on if not now? 25 benchwarmers?
3. No clue about Moreau. This: "Moreau finishes the year as PFF's No. 113 ranked CB among 131 qualified corners." isn't exactly helpful to get my spirits up on him.

10 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

1. Happy with those 3? I'm not. Sneed yes, the other two are "workable" - but a bit more than that would help. And depth there is none. Definitely an area of interest for the draft as well.
2. What are you going to spenmd those 7 M$ on if not now? 25 benchwarmers?
3. No clue about Moreau. This: "Moreau finishes the year as PFF's No. 113 ranked CB among 131 qualified corners." isn't exactly helpful to get my spirits up on him.

Personally I’d spend it at WR.  We only have Hill, and whatever you want to call Hardman.    I think that’s a much bigger hole than CB.   Fenton only lost PT because Sneed was a beast,  not because he performed poorly.   

I do agree a Vet at CB is a need,  I just don’t think it’s spend over 40% of our available cap need.   But others could disagree and go with your side.  

Keyes is still unknown, and Alex Brown was getting PT in the super bowl 2 years ago.   I think we have more depth there than it appears,  plus Spags scheme is friendly to CB’s.   

I'd re-sign Okafor if he's cheap. DE depth is important. 

Breeland is iffy. In addition to Ward, Sneed and Fenton there is Keyes. As you say, he's unknown, but he also stayed on the 53 all year. That says something. 

It raises a point, though. Where would wee be without Niang, Danna, Sneed and Wharton?

J

I was gonna wait on Okafor.  Definitely wouldn’t mind bringing him back.   His APY is fine,  but his Signing Bonus is 1.4 Mil.   
If we sign him right know it’d virtually lock him,  plus Clark/Kpass/Danna/Taco as our 5 DE’s for next year.   
Would like to at least keep DE as an option in the draft at some point.   I’ll definitely keep looking if it gets to the point where we aren’t guaranteeing him much.