Browns fans: What do you think of this current regime?

everlong

I really thought Crow was gong to make a leap this year, but he has been a huge disappointment.
Zeitler has been playing well, but I thought we would be getting a dominant guy. 

Bitonio has been playing well ,I hope he last 16 games, he is generally excellent as a run blocker. 

Our offensive line is realy suited to zone running, we don't get enough push for power running. 

One interesting thing that people tend to not think about is....if we went Carson Wentz and Emmanuel Ogbah, Shon Coleman in that first draft....would we have gotten Myles Garrett?

Or even more interesting is even if we got Myles Garrett and even David Njoku in this years draft minus the pick used for  Peppers....What would a Wentz on the Browns rookie year have looked like? And what of the second year? would we still be winless this year?

That is, what might Carson Wentz' development looked like in that environment last year devoid of talent...would his mechanics have regressed further? Might he have developed poor habits or lost confidence due to Cameron Erving and OL issues?

Point is...talent needs favorable conditions surrounding it to grow, evolve, and excel.

Our environment was likely to drag Wentz down so that where he is at now with the Eagles probably wouldn't have been where he wouldve been in terms of development with the Browns...he'd be looked at differently by the league as well...and would be losing a ton.

The real lesson for Sashi and co to learn is that in order to get a operation off the ground when it's based in youth/inexperience you have to surround that youth with playmakers that arent youthful/inexperienced.

I think it is impossible to predict how  Wentz would have gone in Cleveland. He has a significant injury history. Year one he is probably getting sacked 45-60 times. 
He may have been another Tim couch, wrecked by an inept franchise. 

Our weapons are worse than last year, Crow has regressed, and we don't have TP. (who has regressed as well). 

i would be tempted to trade for Pryor if we could, he worked well last year in our offense and with Cody Kessler. they don't really play him in Washington. 

51 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think it is impossible to predict how  Wentz would have gone in Cleveland. He has a significant injury history. Year one he is probably getting sacked 45-60 times. 
He may have been another Tim couch, wrecked by an inept franchise. 

Our weapons are worse than last year, Crow has regressed, and we don't have TP. (who has regressed as well). 

i would be tempted to trade for Pryor if we could, he worked well last year in our offense and with Cody Kessler. they don't really play him in Washington. 

I don't think we have to.  I think he is on the verge of being cut, and if he is, I doubt he has many suiters.  If we want him back, we can resign him.  I bet he really regrets taking that one year prove it deal in Washington without Saunders holding his hand now.

5 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I don't think we have to.  I think he is on the verge of being cut, and if he is, I doubt he has many suiters.  If we want him back, we can resign him.  I bet he really regrets taking that one year prove it deal in Washington without Saunders holding his hand now.

It was bad work by his super agent. 

Hue Jackson's best friend right now is Carson Wentz - after his Monday night performance, the media has predictably turned it's wrath away from  Hue and back to the "why didn't you take Carson Wentz" front, which is awesome because now not only can I get depressed about the qb's we have on the roster, but I can get depressed over guys who aren't even Cleveland Browns! At least we didn't take Akili Smith, amirite?!?!?

While I still kinda feel like asking a new regime with a couple months under its belt to commit their franchise to a DII prospect QB and not take the treasure trove of picks they know they needed is a big ask, but at this point when the team is this bad it's tough to justify an argument for anyone in any type of decision making position. 

20 minutes ago, BwickRedux said:

While I still kinda feel like asking a new regime with a couple months under its belt to commit their franchise to a DII prospect QB and not take the treasure trove of picks they know they needed is a big ask, but at this point when the team is this bad it's tough to justify an argument for anyone in any type of decision making position. 

His is the problem with scrapping a front office, the new guys have little time to prepare and their first draft typically suffers, hence the multiple trade downs being a great option for them.

It also explains why we've been unable to draft decent talent when we have a new GM every year ore two.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

His is the problem with scrapping a front office, the new guys have little time to prepare and their first draft typically suffers, hence the multiple trade downs being a great option for them.

It also explains why we've been unable to draft decent talent when we have a new GM every year ore two.

Except sashi wasn’t new. He’s been in the building for years and has been apart of the draft process and scouting. 

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Except sashi wasn’t new. He’s been in the building for years and has been apart of the draft process and scouting. 

We have no idea what Sashi's role entailed previously, but I'm guessing it didn't involve watching tape and scouting.  There's a reason guys like Berry have jobs.

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Corey Coleman, Shon Coleman, Cody Kessler, Ricardo Louis, Derrick Kindred, Jordan Payton, Spencer Drango, Jabrill Peppers, DeShone Kizer and a 2018 first...

these guys are the hinkie era 76ers. Great at accumulating picks but terrible at using them. 

Crapping on rookies and picks that haven't even been made yet?

#hottakez

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We have no idea what Sashi's role entailed previously, but I'm guessing it didn't involve watching tape and scouting.  There's a reason guys like Berry have jobs.

He was our analytics scout. Or whatever that’s called. There were many stories that came out after farmer got fired that sashi would come to him with grades on players in the draft and farmer would ignore then. 

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Crapping on rookies and picks that haven't even been made yet?

#hottakez

Almost all of those guys would have to become pro bowlers to have the impact Wentz would. Don’t start with that hot takes BS. We know what Shon coleman, Kessler, drango, Louis, and Peyton are. Kizer will be replaced this offseason, Corey Coleman can’t stay on the field. Peppers can’t cover and if we keep going at the rate we’re going that 2018 pick won’t be great either. 

Archived