Browns fans: What do you think of this current regime?

everlong

23 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

IMO they are building this team correcrtly.....why spend high draft assets on WR's when you dont have a QB to throw them the ball yet? AND your building your team to be a power running/lean on the Defense kind of team?

I think a LOT of the moves being made by the front office are going underrated....I saw 6 players that were talked about....IMO Ogbah has been one of the keys to our top 5 rated run D...he's not gotten the sacks numbers we wanted...but still...not to mention the Haul of Picks that keeps on giving....I think Derrick Kidred looks like an NFL starting SS and has been playing pretty well for us this year (and last season before he got hurt)...AND not to mention he got the Cardinals 2nd string MLB (Scooby Wright) and Our starting CB (Jamar Taylor....who has played well when healthy) with ONE 7th round pick....he also got BBC that year as an UDFA cut from Jax....and traded our Punter (it happened that year) for a 4th round pick we will see next season....that's getting out of a draft what you need for a total rebuild....AND getting Jamie Collins for a 3rd during the season.....

And everyone keeps getting on them for the Britt selection and letting Pryor walk....well Pryor wanted MORE than we gave Britt to stay.....and he is NOT earning what he got in Washington....I live in the area and trust me....they are not happy with what he is producing........

Folks also want to get on the Front office about letting Haden Walk.....and someone mentioned how he's been BALLING out for Pitts......in 7 start's he has 14 tkls, 1sak, 0TFL, 1int and 0 FF to go along with 4 PDF's.....IMO that is far from balling out IMO.......and with the FA pick up of Britt and the cutting of Haden....they dont give the front office credit for going out and getting Jason McCoruty who in 6 games has 24tkls, 3ints (including a pick-6), 9 PDF's and 2 FF's....NOW that is more along the lines of Ballling out IMO....

This front office is SOLID....one of the better ones in the NFL if you ask me......All I ask is that we examine the "Hits" as much as the "Misses"...

One of the better ones :D 1 win in 2 years 

never used a franchise tag to keep talent here. Watched FA after FA leave our team to go onto having success elsewhere. 

Every FO does a few things good like you’ve stated. This is nothing special. 

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

One of the better ones :D 1 win in 2 years 

never used a franchise tag to keep talent here. Watched FA after FA leave our team to go onto having success elsewhere. 

Every FO does a few things good like you’ve stated. This is nothing special. 

And these FA arent "Killing" it anywhere they've gone.....Schwartz has looked solid.....Alex Mack was already an All-Pro AND determined to leave.....Anyone heard from travis Benjamin? Or how about the kid from Abilene Christian who went to the falcons as their #4 WR and a #4 along side 2 HOF WR's...I think Treggs would provide them the same production.....Haden and Pryor? Already covered them.....who else is FA after FA (or potnetial FA) that we NEEDED to keep....like Jamie Collins, Kirsky, Bintonio etc, that we needed to keep....

#2 ANYONE expecting more than 3 wins last year...I question if that person understands how a football team works.....last season was a 1rst year, unsettled coaching staff (whole new Defensive side this year) a Front office that saw a need for a tear down (as I did too...the year before the #1 paid D, but #32 performing) and reconstruct...while getting a handle on draft with a short window WHILE trying to find a HC.....if ANYONE expected that team to go 8-8, then I sum up that persons midset like this..

CK-792sVEAAuV2J.jpg

This season is the one I actually started counting wins and losses....but not even to the extent that some do.....development was just as important this year IMO as wins...but I was expecting more than last season.

Front office has put a team capable of winning games this season (we had the Jets, Titian's and COULD have clipped the Colts IMO)...a rookie throwing a ball 49 times, with NO attempts at a runnig game and What we have at WR on TOP of 8 dropped passes and 4 OPI in that game (colts)...that is on the coaching....NOT the Front office IMO....

Its partially on the coaching, and its hugely on the lack of a QB.  Blame who you will for that one.  We have the skill positions to be much better than what we are on offense.  We need to use Duke a lot more than Crow, we need to use DeValve and Njoku a lot more to open things up for our WRs (not Britt!).  That part is coaching and game calling.

8 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Does anybody remember the other patriot qbs that went to other teams and were successful?  Yeah me neither. Yet I knew some in here would complain. 

Freaking root for buffalo beeches

Does anyone remember the patriots actually having a highly regarded prospect as a backup QB? Pretty sure the rest of them were late round scrubs. Trash logic. 

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Mallett? 

Trash memory bro.

Mallett was a scrub prospect 

So with this logic I guess we should rule out ever signing or trading for a backup from other teams too since no team has a good track record of backups going on to have success elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Mallett was a scrub prospect 

So with this logic I guess we should rule out ever signing or trading for a backup from other teams too since no team has a good track record of backups going on to have success elsewhere. 

Mallett was a day 2 pick who some thought could go as early as round one.

I personally don't subscribe to the idea that just because other guys have failed he will, but to ignore the fact that every other QB from NE who has moved on has been an utter flop is being pretty selective in the facts they see.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Mallett was a day 2 pick who some thought could go as early as round one.

I personally don't subscribe to the idea that just because other guys have failed he will, but to ignore the fact that every other QB from NE who has moved on has been an utter flop is being pretty selective in the facts they see.

Cassel was like 10 years ago.   And jacoby has looked pretty good. Small sample size for him but I don’t see it as an utter flop. So who’s left hoyer and mallet? I don’t think much of anything was ever expected out of them other than to be backups. 

They’ve had the goat at QB for 17 years. So they’ve had a lot of other QBs come in and out over that time period. It’s not like they’ve had top prospects who have come in and out every other years and failed after they left. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Cassel was like 10 years ago.   And jacoby has looked pretty good. Small sample size for him but I don’t see it as an utter flop. So who’s left hoyer and mallet? I don’t think much of anything was ever expected out of them other than to be backups. 

They’ve had the goat at QB for 17 years. So they’ve had a lot of other QBs come in and out over that time period. It’s not like they’ve had top prospects who have come in and out every other years and failed after they left. 

I'm not disagreeing with you, just pointing out that you forgot Ryan Mallett's gangsta azz.

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Does anyone remember the patriots actually having a highly regarded prospect as a backup QB? Pretty sure the rest of them were late round scrubs. Trash logic. 

Oops you’d be right, for some reason I lumped a couple cats from Green Bay in there :$    

Also im surprised there aren’t more in here beeching about us not trading for him. Except you of course  9_9    And hammer on WKNR. 

Archived