Lions and Stafford agree to part ways and will explore trades.

TheRealMcCoy

18 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is much more how I thought it would go initially

Given that the Pats, 49ers, Broncos & Panthers are all looking for QB upgrades (CAR seemingly being a more long-term goal than short-term), that's not surprising.     I am quite confident CHI, IND & probably WFT have offered their 1st at 19, 20 & 21.   The Q is which one of the 8-12 tier are willing to offer their 2021 1st.   I don't believe for a second that SF is getting Stafford without giving up their 2021 1.12.    DET GM would be an idiot to take a 2022 1st, given the likelihood that spot is further back than an early teens position.

Just now, Broncofan said:

Given that the Pats, 49ers, Broncos & Panthers are all looking for QB upgrades (CAR seemingly being a more long-term goal than short-term), that's not surprising.     I am quite confident CHI, IND & probably WFT have offered their 1st at 19, 20 & 21.   The Q is which one of the 8-12 tier are willing to offer their 2021 1st.   I don't believe for a second that SF is getting Stafford without giving up their 2021 1.12.    DET GM would be an idiot to take a 2022 1st, given the likelihood that spot is further back than an early teens position.

I thought the same. If they are holding firm on 12 not being on the table, he's not going to be a niner, which was sort of the inflection point

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I think it depends on what the rest of the compensation would be. I'd take a 2022 1st with a 2021 2nd and 3rd.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I think it depends on what the rest of the compensation would be. I'd take a 2022 1st with a 2021 2nd and 3rd.

If it's a top 12 pick from SF, that's likely a losing prop.   SF's chances of being in the playoffs goes way up - getting a pick in the 20's is 2x as likely fail as a top 12 pick.   2nd/3rds already have a >50 percent whiff rate.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Problem is, 2022 1st wasn't even mentioned. They said 2 2nd's and 2 3rd's. The 2nd & 3rd next year will be late rounders, with Stafford there. So almost 3rd & 4th and that's taking into consideration getting them a year later. I give SF props for trying, but Detroit is not going to be pigeon-holed into a deal. Without #12, a deal between Lions and Niners just does not work. 

10 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Problem is, 2022 1st wasn't even mentioned. They said 2 2nd's and 2 3rd's. The 2nd & 3rd next year will be late rounders, with Stafford there. So almost 3rd & 4th and that's taking into consideration getting them a year later. I give SF props for trying, but Detroit is not going to be pigeon-holed into a deal. Without #12, a deal between Lions and Niners just does not work. 

Yeah, I wasn't referring to that particular deal. Broncofan said "DET GM would be an idiot to take a 2022 1st, given the likelihood that spot is further back than an early teens position", but I personally would consider it with enough *2021 picks thrown in.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
What year is it?
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, I wasn't referring to that particular deal. Broncofan said "DET GM would be an idiot to take a 2022 1st, given the likelihood that spot is further back than an early teens position", but I personally would consider it with enough 2020 picks thrown in.

I agree. I'd take a 2022 1st with 2021 pick consideration. 

• Like 1