Lions and Stafford agree to part ways and will explore trades.

TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

They want to hold on to 12 is all, I'd think

And I don't blame them. If they're making a run right now (and Stafford would help with that), getting both Stafford and #12 would be huge.

I might me in the minority on this, but I'd be fine if the Lions settled for future picks on this. Considering how future pick trade value declines, I'd take a 2022 1st and 2023 1st: the Lions have to wait to use 'em, and the 49ers add Stafford while holding their draft pick capital for this year.

• Like 1

Lions leak that Rams are interested in Stafford

49ers leak that Jimmy G is staying and they'll just run it back with a healthy roster

Then Lions leak that there's significant interest in Stafford and a trade could be completed before the Super Bowl. 

Then Lions leak again that there's no way Jimmy G will be the 49ers starter next year (this came from Dan Sileo, who started the whole thing and almost certainly has no sources within the 49ers FO)

The back and forth between the Lions & 49ers FO lately have been something to watch. 

What this tells me is nobody is giving up as good an offer as we are, yet our offer is still not what the Lions want. So both teams are going back forth with the leaks to increase leverage and their standing power. 

Unless another team jumps in, either our FO is going to to have to sweeten the deal, or the Lions FO is going to have concede our offer is the highest and accept. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

I don't think the "Stafford prefers such and such team.." takes are coming from the Lions. 

I also don't think the Jimmy G tweet means much to the Lions, tbh. 

Not to mention the “trade before Super Bowl” comments have been ongoing since the beginning. 

9 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Warming up to the idea of Stafford being on the Panthers.  That offense would be so much fun to watch.

Saw the rumor that you guys are in on him now. Market starting to get going. Someone should best the niner offer