Free agents

WizardHawk

2 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Like I said in a few Twitter feeds today, Jerry and Steven Jones are not interested in fixing this defense. They are banking on Dak out scoring opponents. Plain and simple. It’s the only logical explanation. 

That's a recipe for disaster.

3 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Like I said in a few Twitter feeds today, Jerry and Steven Jones are not interested in fixing this defense. They are banking on Dak out scoring opponents. Plain and simple. It’s the only logical explanation. 

I don't want to give them too much credit, but tbh the defense they have now just kind of needs to play better, specifically Jaylon and LVE. The FO obviously doesn't care much about 1-tech and safety, but at CB, DE and LB I get the reasoning behind waiting out the market and/or restocking in the draft. Still have 10 picks to work with + a strong chance at comps next year.

20 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I don't want to give them too much credit, but tbh the defense they have now just kind of needs to play better, specifically Jaylon and LVE. The FO obviously doesn't care much about 1-tech and safety, but at CB, DE and LB I get the reasoning behind waiting out the market and/or restocking in the draft. Still have 10 picks to work with + a strong chance at comps next year.

If they can contain the run I think itll go a long way into fixing the defense. But they need to beef up the NT position to keep em bodies off the backers. 

10 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

If they can contain the run I think itll go a long way into fixing the defense. But they need to beef up the NT position to keep em bodies off the backers. 

I get the logic behind this, it's certainly true to an extent, but it's worth remembering Woods was the primary NT in 2018, the last time our defense was good. It's not ideal, but we still can/should expect a better unit next year if they get a few other things right. Simplifying the scheme and going back to the same playcalls/terminology as the Marinelli years could also go a long way towards getting better production out of our LBs.

40 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Curious to see the return for NO. Brown's new deal with Jags 2 /$11m / $8m G

The extension is peanuts, and we, yet again, did nothing. Just as expected. Why? Because those rubes have convinced themselves that bottom of the barrel deals help the team.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

The extension is peanuts, and we, yet again, did nothing. Just as expected. Why? Because those rubes have convinced themselves that bottom of the barrel deals help the team.

Want to know what Jags gave up, but this is another one that stings. Opportunity knocks and Dallas isn't home again.  They going live by the sword, die by the sword ..... striking gold in every draft rd and cheap vets. It's work so well this far, lets do it some more.

Between Adoree's release and other players' contracts expiring, this FA period could essentially serve as a do-over for Dallas' 2017 draft. IIRC they used nearly all their visits on DEs and CBs as both groups had strong depth. Still, we're probably not getting more than stopgaps shopping at the bargain bin, as usual.