Free agents

WizardHawk

4 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Strong safety intrigues me in free agency. Keanu Neal, Vaccaro and Karl Joseph. Definitely upgrades over Donovan Wilson. 

Not really a position of need since we have one for cheap in Wilson. If anything we need a descent NT/DT and FS. 

4 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Strong safety intrigues me in free agency. Keanu Neal, Vaccaro and Karl Joseph. Definitely upgrades over Donovan Wilson. 

Donovan Wilson didn't play poorly. He played well enough, and the guys you listed wouldn't be much better. We need more help at FS.

Then again, if we had a shred of run defense, the entire secondary would improve.

11 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Donovan Wilson didn't play poorly. He played well enough, and the guys you listed wouldn't be much better. We need more help at FS.

Then again, if we had a shred of run defense, the entire secondary would improve.

Minus the injuries the past 2 seasons Neal is one of the better safeties in football. You want run D. Joseph will provide that from the secondary. 

Yes Wilson played pretty good last year and yes he deserves a chance at the starting spot. Wilson along with the entire secondary could benefit by having a veteran presence in the defensive backfield. 

2 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Minus the injuries the past 2 seasons Neal is one of the better safeties in football. You want run D. Joseph will provide that from the secondary. 

Yes Wilson played pretty good last year and yes he deserves a chance at the starting spot. Wilson along with the entire secondary could benefit by having a veteran presence in the defensive backfield. 

Not a single safety in the league can compensate for the lack of a solid run stuffing DT.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Not a single safety in the league can compensate for the lack of a solid run stuffing DT.

Hence why I've been saying Malcolm Brown should have been priority #1 in free agency. Keep em backers free so they can go make plays

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I wouldn’t hold your breath on that one. Even if they would be willing to draft a guy, there is no guarantee you can land a guy who is ready to play.

I think it’s very likely we end up with a guy like Kazee.

Kazee with a backup thru the draft would be ideal. Free safety free agents are yuck this year. 

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

We like our guys. 

Seriously though, this is a solid re-sign. CJG is a terrific special teamer. 

Yeah this was a super obvious move.

With The Great LP off to greener pastures, Goodwin’s probably the most “consistently excellent within his role” guy on the team now