Free agents

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

How are these guys going to get under the cap? I know they were over before the tag, they’re going to have to make some tough decisions

i just looked, and according to over the cap, all the nfc playoff teams from last year minus the Seahawks are in the red when it comes to cap space. 

Going to be a bunch of contract restructuring and extensions. 

cutting Alexander ^^ saved them $13m. Jared Cook is likely gone and will save another $8m. 

It’s going to be interesting for sure.

20 minutes ago, D82 said:

Dalvin Tomlinson, Richard Sherman and Anthony Harris.

We walk out of free agency with those three I feel pretty good.

I highly doubt we’ll sign any of them. I’d be really happy if we signed Tomlinson and Harris, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

49 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I highly doubt we’ll sign any of them. I’d be really happy if we signed Tomlinson and Harris, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

Haha, yeah, you are setting yourself up for disappointment if the expectation is to land those 3 guys.

But could we get one of them? Or someone equivalent? I think/hope so.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:
2 hours ago, D82 said:

Dalvin Tomlinson, Richard Sherman and Anthony Harris.

We walk out of free agency with those three I feel pretty good.

I still believe Sherman is a good possibility. The others, I don't envision this team opening their wallets like that. 

6 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I still think there is a good chance Vaccaro would have been our pick in 2013 had he been available. 

No idea if he's still a good player. But I'm interested.

His name itself fits. Sign the guy. Just so I could end my Cowboy no merchandise rule just for his jersey 

What free safeties didn’t get tagged? Harris, Johnson, Hooker. Am I missing anyone?

I really like the idea of signing Malik Hooker. Upside is huge, but should be really affordable. It would also leave us in a position where we aren’t forced to find a safety in the draft, but could grab one if the value was right.

But if we wanted to go bigger and sign a guy like Johnson, I won’t hate that at all.

I see a lot of one year rentals this year...they will probably bet on themselves for the coming tv contract. 

Guys we should be looking at is

Hooker = 1 year prove or die. 

Tomlinson( long term )

Young 2nd starter CB = re sign Chido? 1 year prove or die. 

That would allow us to go for best player available in the draft( TE; RT or CB ). 

1 hour ago, atran35 said:

I see a lot of one year rentals this year...they will probably bet on themselves for the coming tv contract. 

Guys we should be looking at is

Hooker = 1 year prove or die. 

Tomlinson( long term )

Young 2nd starter CB = re sign Chido? 1 year prove or die. 

That would allow us to go for best player available in the draft( TE; RT or CB ). 

I'd love to add Tomlinson. OTC has his projected value at around $8MM/yr. I think we could swing that. 

Getting in a veteran CB I think would really help the secondary. Sherman has the connection with Quinn, so I think maybe on a 1 yr deal he could be talked into coming here.

Then that just leaves FS really. I'd be okay with Hooker, but I'd love to talk one of the bigger names into signing with us. Again, 1 yr deal so they can get a bigger pay day next year when the cap goes up...and it's not like we haven't seen safeties take cheaper deals in past years. 

Would really free us up going into the draft.