Free agents

WizardHawk

4 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Is he the only option?

Well...we can go the cheaper routes...Johnathan Hankins whom I wanted in 2017. Good run stopping NT. That's it. Can't rush the passer. Will be 29. Been watching him play for the Raiders. Daquan Jones is cut from the same mold. Age 29. Jaleel Johnson and Poona Ford. 

2 hours ago, atran35 said:

Well...we can go the cheaper routes...Johnathan Hankins whom I wanted in 2017. Good run stopping NT. That's it. Can't rush the passer. Will be 29. Been watching him play for the Raiders. Daquan Jones is cut from the same mold. Age 29. Jaleel Johnson and Poona Ford. 

29 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

There are quite a few tier 2 guys that would fit well (Jones, Hankins, Pennel). And there is Leonard Williams who is really big-time.

But Dalvin is the perfect dude for Dallas to invest in, IMO.

Yeah the reason I ask is because I've been pretty removed from the NFL. Legitimately had no idea who's actually available. 

55 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Rock star list of FA safeties that Dallas will have no interest in. 

I’m not optimistic, either, but I hope you are wrong. It’s almost always a soft market for safeties in FA, but this year could be especially soft considering the decreased salary cap and sheer number of quality players hitting the market.

It would be a shame to miss this opportunity.

Yeah it feels like the last few offseasons have had free agent safety lists comparable to that one. I mean Boston keeps getting cut, Honey Badger was a FA in consecutive years, Thomas, Collins, Joyner, etc. and our team has come away with George Iloka and Haha Clinton-Dix, and cut both of them in camp.

Semi-related (in terms of "why doesn't this team ever have any cap space?")... I can't believe Tyrone Crawford was allowed to finish his contract without ever taking a paycut. Talk about a guy who contributed absolutely nothing these last two years.