Free agents

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, atran35 said:

I would look to shoring up the NT position with Dalvin Tomlinson. Let Gallimore and Hill battle it out at 3 technique. 

Would like it, but it ain't gonna happen, unless he's injured and in "value" free agent territory, so maybe 5 years from now. 

Edited by SweetFancyMoses

12 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Would like it, but it ain't gonna happen, unless he's injured and in "value" free agent territory, so maybe 5 years from now. 

Sadly you are correct.  We go after those well past their prime players or guys who never were in their prime because they represent "value."  Then we convince ourselves that said player just needs a change of scenery and he will somehow recapture his youth or become a player he never was.  

29 minutes ago, Northland said:

Sadly you are correct.  We go after those well past their prime players or guys who never were in their prime because they represent "value."  Then we convince ourselves that said player just needs a change of scenery and he will somehow recapture his youth or become a player he never was.  

Who was our last "big" FA acquisition? Carr? 

They love to use the cap as an excuse, but as other teams have proven recently the cap doesn't exist. You can manipulate to be able to do essentially anything you want...but this team for some reason is so afraid to open up the pocket book to improve this franchise. 

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Gerald McCoy wasn’t a big signing, but he wasn’t bottom of the bargain bin, either. I’m hopeful we’d be willing to give a $6-8m/y contract to a DT again this offseason.

I'd argue that given they put in a injury clause, he was bargain bin. 

1 hour ago, D82 said:

I'd argue that given they put in a injury clause, he was bargain bin. 

No way. It is not at all uncommon for teams to put in specific-injury clauses in to player contracts. We just happen to be acutely aware of this one because it actually ended up mattering and the Dallas media reported it. McCoy’s signing absolutely is a tier above the Dontari Poe, Haha Clinton Dix bargain bin signings.