Free agents

WizardHawk

43 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

His injuries over the last few years may be a sign that he’s declining as a player. Some people may be leery about signing a 32 year old who’s only played in 5 games over the last 2 seasons.

To me it would be the Poe/McCoy signings all over again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

His injuries over the last few years may be a sign that he’s declining as a player. Some people may be leery about signing a 32 year old who’s only played in 5 games over the last 2 seasons.

Sure. And valid. But I wouldn't be against looking at him is all. 

Not suggesting this fixes the spot forever. But we have certainly explored worse options. 

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Sure. And valid. But I wouldn't be against looking at him is all. 

Not suggesting this fixes the spot forever. But we have certainly explored worse options. 

Just because we’ve done worse in the past doesn’t justify making a (less) poor decision in the present.

40 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Just because we’ve done worse in the past doesn’t justify making a (less) poor decision in the present.

Between the option of rolling with who we got and exploring Short as an option (knowing full well we have cut Free Agents who has been signed same off season like HAHA) you'd choose which?

8 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Between the option of rolling with who we got and exploring Short as an option (knowing full well we have cut Free Agents who has been signed same off season like HAHA) you'd choose which?

Honestly, it would depend on how his health checks out. In general, you know my position: take the chance if the medical checks out AND draft talent at the same position, anyway.

4 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Honestly, it would depend on how his health checks out. In general, you know my position: take the chance if the medical checks out AND draft talent at the same position, anyway.

To me, Short is just a progress stopper. If you are going to land a real stud, then I’m all for it. But if they aren’t a major upgrade or have serious injury issues, I’d rather spend a few bucks on a legit 1T and let Gallimore/Hill continue to grow.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

To me, Short is just a progress stopper. If you are going to land a real stud, then I’m all for it. But if they aren’t a major upgrade or have serious injury issues, I’d rather spend a few bucks on a legit 1T and let Gallimore/Hill continue to grow.

It’s hard to disagree with your opinion. I have little faith that he’s healthy as it is.