Free agents

WizardHawk

32 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

tbh, my previous post is BS.....I’m just trying to maintain some level of optimism.

I foolishly feel the same way, actually. Think going back to the predictable, basic-@ss Seattle Cover 3 should help Jaylon and LVE most of all. Get those two healthy and back to 2018 levels of play and the defense *should* at least be competent.

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

I foolishly feel the same way, actually. Think going back to the predictable, basic-@ss Seattle Cover 3 should help Jaylon and LVE most of all. Get those two healthy and back to 2018 levels of play and the defense *should* at least be competent.

Seems to be the thought process as it stands right now that a scheme change will benefit the defense the most.  With this club mired in a 25 year spiral of mediocrity I won't predict any drastic improvement.  I need to see it.

9 minutes ago, Northland said:

Seems to be the thought process as it stands right now that a scheme change will benefit the defense the most.  With this club mired in a 25 year spiral of mediocrity I won't predict any drastic improvement.  I need to see it.

i would agree with this, no preseason magic dust will change the view of the past two years.  Results are what counts now.  The other side is while we can see potential in Dlaw Gregory HIll Gallimore Jaylon LVE and Diggs  there still needs to be a lot more talent added to this mix. 

I would also say I could see us signing A Woods, J Looney,  and maybe either Thomas or March if they haven't already been poached. Maybe even Xavier Woods as we need more safety's on the rooster. 

Edited by quiller

6 minutes ago, Northland said:

Realistically speaking, average or slightly below average would be pretty drastic improvement on last year’s defense.

Defensive regression tends to be pretty random year to year, per most empirical studies on the matter. We’re due for a slight bump if only because it’s really hard to be that bad two years in a row. Hopefully the players show some damn pride and turn that expected bump into a meaningful one. I don’t think that’s crazy to anticipate.

52 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Realistically speaking, average or slightly below average would be pretty drastic improvement on last year’s defense.

Defensive regression tends to be pretty random year to year, per most empirical studies on the matter. We’re due for a slight bump if only because it’s really hard to be that bad two years in a row. Hopefully the players show some damn pride and turn that expected bump into a meaningful one. I don’t think that’s crazy to anticipate.

Last year was an aberration across the board - Nolan's scheme, OL gutted with injuries and then Dak.  I'm hoping that the law of averages works the other way this year.  With a real training camp it should give us a fresh start.  That's my glass half full response. 

8 hours ago, matt79511 said:

I don't really get the obsession with trading Gallup. I would much prefer having the league's best WR trio for one more year with Dak healthy to whatever return you could realistically get for MG.

If there were a shred of legitimacy (highly unlikely) to a trade for Gilmore and MG is part of it, I’m all for it. Team has to get better on the other side of the ball and thus far they haven’t at all imo. 

Edited by WizardHawk

55 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

I just don’t understand how you don’t reach out to Fuller and see. That would be huge

I would be all over this and offer him a pretty stacked 1 year deal. We all know that cap is going to be massive next year. Why not try? If they could land him and then someone like Adoree....then they would enter the draft not feeling pressured. BPA no matter who it was.

They are loading up on some questionable depth DL but time to focus on secondary.