Free agents

WizardHawk

6 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If we were to get a 3rd round pick for him, that will likely be higher than the comp pick we’d receive by letting him walk in free agency. I’d take the 3rd rounder.

But now we have to plug that hole. I rather 1 year of Gallup and a 4th round comp than no Gallup and a 3rd.

11 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

But now we have to plug that hole. I rather 1 year of Gallup and a 4th round comp than no Gallup and a 3rd.

Already having 2 starting WRs, plus a returning Blake Jarwin, and a possible 2021 pick, the loss is minimal. Plus, I’d much rather have multiple day 2 assets to use to improve the defense rather than worry about the final year’s production of a #3 WR.

52 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If I’m New England, I’d wonder why I should trade for a WR when Kenny Golladay and JuJu Smith-Schuster are still out there.

There’s a reason the WR market has been so soft in FA. The draft class is absolutely stacked. Been saying this for a while... you are dreaming if you think there is good return to be had in trading Gallup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djdunkenstein said:

What are peoples opinion on Basham. Saw a highlight tape and looked pretty decent. But then again its a "highlight" video not a "lowlight" video 

27 Good size.   Low risk move.   Guy to compete with Armstrong, or push him off the roster.   Like this signing.   I like the Brent Urban signing too.  

20 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

There’s a reason the WR market has been so soft in FA. The draft class is absolutely stacked. Been saying this for a while... you are dreaming if you think there is good return to be had in trading Gallup.

It also has to do with the fact that this FA WR is pretty weak.

35 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

It also has to do with the fact that this FA WR is pretty weak.

What kind of WRs hit the market on a strong year?

JuJu signed 1 year, $8M. Golladay has found a soft market. Both players are Gallup’s equals, at least.

We’re dreaming to think someone would give up better than a 4th rounder for Gallup. A player-for-player trade is the only possibility.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

That was my point. Deep WR class, with existing free agents. The trade compensation is low, so if you could get a 3rd rounder for Gallup, take it.

1 hour ago, atran35 said:

Still waiting for a FA signing for a true NT and FS. WHERE JJ and SJ???!!!

You’ll have a better chance at holding your breath and not passing out than getting those two rubes to sign both of those positions (as actual starters, not roster filler role players) in free agency.