Fantasy Baseball Advice Thread

deuces22wild

32 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Quick question:

I have someone who exceeded their pitching starts (13 / 12) does ESPN not count the points accrued for the current matchup? The way I'm reading it is he can exceed it on the last day of the matchup with no penalty...

Yes if you are 1 under you can still start however many you want the last day. ESPN is awful.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2019 at 2:31 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Would you drop Hunter Renfroe for Brett Gardner? Categories are pretty standard;

R-HR-RBI-SB-BA-OPS

Gardners counting stats are better right now but its early

I’d keep Gardner atm, he’s like the only healthy yankee

7 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

8 team nl only dynasty league(salary n keep for as long as you want) I’m in 2nd atm, do I trade carter kieboom n Brandon Rodgers 4 josh hader and jt realmuto? 

First glance I would not.  Would somewhat depend on what stat categories and how bad you need a catcher.  Also is it based on actual salaries or some type of auction salary for keeping?  Overall, I think Kieboom and Rodgers have much more upside and potential value though but if you are trying to win now and need a catcher, it may be worth it.

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

First glance I would not.  Would somewhat depend on what stat categories and how bad you need a catcher.  Also is it based on actual salaries or some type of auction salary for keeping?  Overall, I think Kieboom and Rodgers have much more upside and potential value though but if you are trying to win now and need a catcher, it may be worth it.

its actual mlb salary we use, guy that has Realmuto/Hader loves prospects. I have grandal as my catcher. J.T. is his best position player. the guy I would be trading with wont split the 2 up, he said package deal. this league this is the closest I have been to 1st this late in the season, I usually have the injury bug and cant come back.

21 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

its actual mlb salary we use, guy that has Realmuto/Hader loves prospects. I have grandal as my catcher. J.T. is his best position player. the guy I would be trading with wont split the 2 up, he said package deal. this league this is the closest I have been to 1st this late in the season, I usually have the injury bug and cant come back.

I would not do I then.  Especially being an NL only league, you have two of the top 10 prospects there and should be able to bring in better bats than that.  Especially with Kieboom up now and Rodgers likely being up soon and having a good year in AAA, I would hold off.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I would not do I then.  Especially being an NL only league, you have two of the top 10 prospects there and should be able to bring in better bats than that.  Especially with Kieboom up now and Rodgers likely being up soon and having a good year in AAA, I would hold off.

thanks for your opinion, im not going do it. made an offer of a higher draft pick(my 2nd) and his choice of 1 of the 2 young ifs and Kristian Robinson(from the d-backs) for that package, but he declined it. were in an 8 team nl only

On 4/30/2019 at 5:58 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

Buy or Sell on Christian Walker? Looks like a legit late bloomer to me but what y'all think ?

Personally, I buy it to a degree. Guys with lots of raw power who make a big adjustment and then break out, especially with the new balls, I tend to believe.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know if it’s possible to bypass the (can’t drop) tag in espn fantasy. I have Kluber hurt but already have Judge on the IL. 

Someone recently dropped Marco Gutierrez from Seattle & I wanna pick him up and drop Kluber

1 hour ago, tgrades3 said:

Does anybody know if it’s possible to bypass the (can’t drop) tag in espn fantasy. I have Kluber hurt but already have Judge on the IL. 

Someone recently dropped Marco Gutierrez from Seattle & I wanna pick him up and drop Kluber

If you really dont want him Id trade him. Thats why good players are undroppable.