Packers (Unofficially?) Promote Maurice Drayton to ST Coordinator

deltarich87

15 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Special teams needs an identity that’s anything other than total suck.  Problem is, it’s hard for some of these ST’s dudes to give more than two sh1ts to the “identity” issue, when they’re more concerned with their primary role on the team.  Half the dudes on ST’s are putting in substantial time on either offense or defense, and they just seem out of place or altogether disinterested out there on ST’s.

Seems like that would be the case on almost all of the other 31 teams in the league though. 

Thought the KO and punt coverage units really improved in the 2nd half. Can't blame a coach for Amari and MVS not being able to do fundamental football things.

Everything in the first half was a containment issue, if I recall everything on both KO and the PR TD was down the sidelines. I know EQ both blew contain and concussed himself by running full speed into another one of our players on the TD return.

I've got sympathy for the cluster.... that must be coaching ST this year with the massive amounts of injuries and losing guys left and right, but that's still a fireable performance today. Has to be better.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Should have been off it weeks ago if there was any accountability with this group.

What about they just go all out block every time… just let the ball bounce to wherever it’s going to. At this point I trust the offense in the shadow of their own goal post then this special teams unit.

12 minutes ago, Tperk said:

Seems like that would be the case on almost all of the other 31 teams in the league though. 

The biggest difference is lack of a motivational and respected leader on the unit.  Be it a coach, a player - someone to get these guys to gel, care, and take pride and ownership in their role on ST’s.  You can clearly see it’s lacking in our unit!

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Thought the KO and punt coverage units really improved in the 2nd half. Can't blame a coach for Amari and MVS not being able to do fundamental football things.

Everything in the first half was a containment issue, if I recall everything on both KO and the PR TD was down the sidelines. I know EQ both blew contain and concussed himself by running full speed into another one of our players on the TD return.

I've got sympathy for the cluster.... that must be coaching ST this year with the massive amounts of injuries and losing guys left and right, but that's still a fireable performance today. Has to be better.

Containment was an issue, because the unit made these critical errors:  didn’t stay in their lanes, over-pursued, and weren’t patient.  They race down there all fast, leave their lane, and run straight past the ball carrier.  They also need to engage blockers - not try and run around them - and get off blocks FAST at the critical time.

I distinctly noticed a more patient, more disciplined approach to the ball carrier in the second half on coverages.

10 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Should have been off it weeks ago if there was any accountability with this group.

Cobb went in for one punt return against the Rams and muffed it as well lol... I do think they need to bring in someone outside but the options on our roster are thin. Hasn't Jaire returned at some point??