Packers (Unofficially?) Promote Maurice Drayton to ST Coordinator

deltarich87

12 minutes ago, Joe said:

I pin some blame on MLF for not telling Crosby to just kick every kick off through the end zone...

?  What's that got to do with anything? Not sure what the average starting point is for most drives against us, but dont think we're being hurt too badly on KO returns. 

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

?  What's that got to do with anything? Not sure what the average starting point is for most drives against us, but dont think we're being hurt too badly on KO returns. 

Maybe not in this specific game, but it's quietly been an issue most of the year.

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

Maybe not in this specific game, but it's quietly been an issue most of the year.

Perhaps so......but if so....it's been a very quiet issue. There's certainly room for improvement across the board, but again, I dont think teams have been killing us on KO returns. There's a stat out there somewhere, I just dont know where it is or feel compelled to go find it.

Edited by Leader

12 hours ago, Norse65 said:

The Seahawks kick coverage unit is very good. They kick short of the end zone to force returns.  M. Taylor had better hold onto the ball. It’ll be cold wet and slippery.  

Problem solved, don't let them score and they never get to kickoff. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Macc_Aviv said:

I remember Cobb was the holder on field goals at Kentucky and as a rookie was lobbying for the job. I wonder if they've given him a shot there in practice. 

That's probably good enough for Emergency Duty, but not for any practice reps, since it takes away from the primary holder to begin with, and that guy needs all the reps possible to better mesh with the snapper and the kicker.

If anything, that particular battery seemed improved this week. The missed FG really just looks like Crosby shanked it, so no apparent troubles between snapper and holder, and the line blocking looked a darn sight better too.

23 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Too bad Gute made the trade for Bojorquez.  With Scott as the punter, this season could have set a new low bar for Packers ST performance, and that is saying a lot.

His job as a holder is probably greater than his job as a punter and he is borderline incompetent at it. With Scott as the holder there had not been a missed FG since 2019, they have missed 7 in the first half of the season this year and the ST's coach all but named him by name as for the reason for the failures. As a whole it is debatable if Bojorquez makes the ST's better. 

10 minutes ago, R T said:

His job as a holder is probably greater than his job as a punter and he is borderline incompetent at it. With Scott as the holder there had not been a missed FG since 2019, they have missed 7 in the first half of the season this year and the ST's coach all but named him by name as for the reason for the failures. As a whole it is debatable if Bojorquez makes the ST's better. 

Huh? Thats on coaching. Used to be backup qb doing it. Theres no rule a punter has to be the holder. Bork as a punter is great; replace him as holder if not happy. Thats on the coach.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, R T said:

I admire the absurdity of this take.