Justin Jefferson: Year Two

vike daddy

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

History is on the horizon for Justin Jefferson, who is just 21 yards away from passing Odell Beckham Jr. for the most receiving yards for any player after two seasons. 

Jefferson's 1,400 receiving yards set the NFL record for most receiving yards by a rookie wideout in the Super Bowl era, becoming the first wide receiver to earn All-Pro honors in his rookie season since Randy Moss in 1998. And he has found a way for his encore performance to be even better, ranking amongst the best wide receivers in his second season.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/justin-jefferson-by-the-numbers-vikings-star-wideout-set-to-pass-odell-beckham-jr-for-best-start-by-wr-ever/

Pretty amazing start to a career. Just hope they can keep him happy. We’ve seen far too many diva WRs. Should be able to break the yards record within 16 games so there isn’t an asterisk next to it.

• Like 1

Jefferson doesn't seem to have that kind of personality, on or off the field. He seems to be a jovial person with a positive outlook and disposition. Nothing in his past suggests that either. He's not the brooding type. 

Guys like Diggs, Beckham, Brown, and T.O. always seemed to have a darker aspect to their personality, or had some sort of rough upbringing. I don't get that from him.

Of course, there can always be ore to the story outside the public eye.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Meant league wide. Brown, Beckham, I mean the list goes on and on. 

aah, i see.

yeah, Moss had his antics with us (i think walking off the field early in the WASH game was the worst), but he loved the Vikings and the community, and certainly produced on the field. Diggs became disenchanted with what he felt was a limited role in our production and that's fair, but he could have dealt with it more privately and avoided some public drama. in the end though, we happier with the draft pick we got for trading him (Jefferson!) or do we wish he was still on board?

who else did the diva thing while on the Vikes, as long as the subject has come up? Cris Carter maybe? i don't think so, as it seems his diva-ness came more after he retired.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

aah, i see.

yeah, Moss had his antics with us (i think walking off the field early in the WASH game was the worst), but he loved the Vikings and the community, and certainly produced on the field. Diggs became disenchanted with what he felt was a limited role in our production and that's fair, but he could have dealt with it more privately and avoided some public drama. in the end though, we happier with the draft pick we got for trading him (Jefferson!) or do we wish he was still on board?

who else did the diva thing while on the Vikes, as long as the subject has come up? Cris Carter maybe? i don't think so, as it seems his diva-ness came more after he retired.

Percy Harvin comes to mind, but he had multiple issues. 

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

aah, i see.

I guess it depends upon what you deem to be "diva-like."  Cris did often exhibit a mild version of it, but not nearly as outwardly as his contemporary Michael Irvin.  He was somewhere in-between Irvin and Marvin Harrison

• Like 1

i wonder who holds the record for most receiving yards in their first three years in the league....

the top receivers in yards for their first two years are:

Jefferson (and his total presumably increases still...)
Beckham, Jr
Moss
Jerry Rice

stratospheric company you just beat out, Justin....

22 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i wonder who holds the record for most receiving yards in their first three years in the league....

the top receivers in yards for their first two years are:

Jefferson (and his total presumably increases still...)
Beckham, Jr
Moss
Jerry Rice

stratospheric company you just beat out, Justin....

Gotta believe that it’s the same names. Beckham had over 1,300 yards in his 3rd season, and Moss had over 1,400 in his 3rd season. 

Through 1st three seasons;

Moss - 4,163
Beckham - 4,122

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jefferson: “At the end of the day, all I can do is focus on me. What I have to improve on. Focus on the things that I felt I was weak at this year. I’m only going to better myself. I’m going to meet up with those people around the league try and learn new things and advance my game to the next level. I’m excited.”

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/justin-jefferson-nfll-news-rumors-future/?fbclid=IwAR2sz0O0tjkoiijHNv3d2apMqlDIdfr31FSbYVgIvyo_wY3GUBsbq7ma3uM

• Like 1