Justin Jefferson: Year Two

vike daddy

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

I expect a slight drop in yards, but an increase in TDs.....

i definitely don't expect him to get the same production, just because he'll now be targeted by opposing secondaries from the get-go. when he gets hit with bracket coverage more often kirk will inevitably throw the ball elsewhere.

and i don't have a problem with that, it means he's earned the league's respect. 

1 hour ago, whitehops said:

i definitely don't expect him to get the same production, just because he'll now be targeted by opposing secondaries from the get-go. when he gets hit with bracket coverage more often kirk will inevitably throw the ball elsewhere.

and i don't have a problem with that, it means he's earned the league's respect. 

Based on the first half of last year, weren’t teams already kind of doing this by seasons end? 

On 4/26/2021 at 5:01 PM, vikingsrule said:

Based on the first half of last year, weren’t teams already kind of doing this by seasons end? 

they were, but now he'll see a full season of it (plus different coverages as teams continue to get more tape on him).

4 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

JJ 2021 : Drop in Yards, TDs (about the same)  ... but I think our offense as a whole takes a step back (total offense wise)

In stats or competency?

Because I also think the stats will be lower because our defense is going to be a lot better and not necessitate flinging the ball in garbage time.

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

In stats or competency?

Because I also think the stats will be lower because our defense is going to be a lot better and not necessitate flinging the ball in garbage time.

Lower in Total Offense (Stats), and lower in Total Efficiency (lower garbage time/high efficiency play)

28 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Everyone knows that JJ is going to be the first WR to break 2K yds receiving a season.  🤣

Then Kubiak the younger will be abandoning completely Kubiak the Elders offensive philosophy!

11 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I noticed a lot of 2nd year receivers who have a big year 1 end up having a slump in year 2.

What gives?

I think a slump is inevitable for JJ. He had a historic rookie year. Those numbers weren't just "good for a rookie," but they were numbers you expect to see from an All-Pro each year. It would be hard to replicate those types of numbers on a yearly basis. Also, last year, he was an unknown. Teams treated Thielen as the #1 guy and covered accordingly. This year, he'll be the focus from Week 1. It's going to be up to Adam, Irv and Dalvin (and hopefully a legit WR3) to force teams to loosen up coverage on Jefferson. 

That said, I think he still goes over 1000 yards (especially in 17 games). His TD numbers might increase, but I think they hold steady. 

• Like 1