2021 7 Round Mock Edited 4/13/21

Ozzy

The new update is looking pretty dang nice for the Falcons we nailed alot of the players i love in those 1st 3 picks

Parsons
Ettiene
Grant

Thats a heck of a pull for the Falcons and fits our team extremely well with each player while also covering a need with some BPA thrown in there as well in round 2 and 3.    I know you don't do trades but i think if we can pull a trade down to say 8 to 15 and pick up Parsons still and get some  extra picks plus the same guys you gave us already that would be about the best possible outcome in the real draft any falcon fan could hope for.

If the Eagles took JOK 12th, I'd lose my freaking mind. In a not good way.
Greg Newsome is going in the late 1st or very early 2nd.
You know Cisco will firmly be in the 2nd after he runs 4.39 or low 4.4 at his pro day.
Next time just post a new mock instead of updating. It'll get more looks.

Edited by Jeezla

On 3/30/2021 at 6:54 PM, Jeezla said:

If the Eagles took JOK 12th, I'd lose my freaking mind. In a not good way.
Greg Newsome is going in the late 1st or very early 2nd.
You know Cisco will firmly be in the 2nd after he runs 4.39 or low 4.4 at his pro day.
Next time just post a new mock instead of updating. It'll get more looks.

Yeah JOK I had there assuming he had a breakout pro day.  Did not run the 40 and either way things changed above him which changed the needs.  I think the Eagles want OL but if Waddle falls he is a great fit and a good value and will be taken.  LB is a need though because they are pretty awful there, Parsons I think is there dream though and he could absolutely fall if Denver does not take him but I think they will since CB has been upgraded already with Kyle Fuller and Darby so Surtain might not go there.  

I think the Eagles might take Slater as well or a good chance of it.  

As for looks I do not really care, I updated this thing almost daily and have done so with changes in draft order, trades and pro days for like three weeks now.  It is getting a little ridiculous and should have waited on it.  Fun to do but this much changing and moving gets a little old.  Almost every day something changes or the order changes or a player runs well etc.

Just now, Falconof Shadows said:

Yeah this is where we disagree I know you big on I believe Fields who I think is just gonna fail at the next level. We are going to have to agree to dis agree in this one. 

IT's moot anyway. The Jets are taking Wilson at 2. I don't get why you don't like Fields. He's a more complete player than Wilson in literally every aspect. 

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

IT's moot anyway. The Jets are taking Wilson at 2. I don't get why you don't like Fields. He's a more complete player than Wilson in literally every aspect. 

I'm in the camp that doesn't think he goes through progressions well. I know it's a hit topic, but it's what I see in the tape. I see him stare a guy down too long even with these "option routes" that they say is every player on every play which I just don't believe. I also think his throwing motion is great and he can be in accurate at times. He has a great arm but with what I see I am not high on him like others are.

1 minute ago, Falconof Shadows said:

I'm in the camp that doesn't think he goes through progressions well. I know it's a hit topic, but it's what I see in the tape. I see him stare a guy down too long even with these "option routes" that they say is every player on every play which I just don't believe. I also think his throwing motion is great and he can be in accurate at times. He has a great arm but with what I see I am not high on him like others are.

If you study Ryan Day's offense, that's how he coaches his quarterbacks. So that's not a fair way to grade him. You have to actually watch past QBs in the same offense.

I think I liked the previous mock for Miami.

1. Sewell - No problem with Sewell. His transition to RT will be interesting.

1a. Rousseau - Rousseau is too much of a project for me to project him to Miami. He does have traits that they like, long arms and big hands.

2. Toney - One of the reasons the Dolphins are looking for a WR, besides the glaring lack of talent in their room, is to eventually replace DeVante Parker. Toney's lack of size and questionable hands are a big no-no.

2b. Wade - Not a bad pick if we get the 2019 version. I think they'll want a guy who has experience playing nickel CB and S though--Molden and or Holland.

3. Cox - Perfect pick. The Dolphins are missing a coverage LB,

5. Hill - Our starting RB as of now is Malcom Brown. I'm sure this position will be filled earlier.

7. McPherson - Seems like a waste of a pick when Miami already has one of the better kickers in the NFL--Jason Sanders.

7b. Wiliams - I like his upside but I'm starting to think that they'll target a RB/WR hybrid like the previous draft. The projected Toney and Williams additions would give the Dolphins 14 WRs under contract!!

Edited by Ajayii

10 hours ago, hoekd0250 said:

Word is at Ohio state fields was last one in first one out. 

Fields has no issue with passion for the game. He basically forced the Big 10 to reopen their doors. A lot of these criticisms of his game come from race-based narratives and not actually watching him play.

On 2/1/2021 at 7:42 PM, Ozzy said:

1st
5 Cincinnati: Ja'Marr Chase LSU JR WR

2nd
38 Cincinnati: Dillon Radunz NDSU RS SR OT/OG

40 Denver: Wyatt Davis Ohio State RS JR OG
46 Patriots: Levi Onwuzurike Washington RS SR DT
53 Titans: Liam Eichenberg Notre Dame RS SR OT
54 Colts: Spencer Brown Northern Iowa RS SR OT
55 Pittsburgh: Landon Dickerson Alabama RS SR C/OG
61 Buffalo: Carlos Basham Jr. Wake Forest RS SR DE

3rd
69 Cincinnati: Jaylen Twyman Pitt RS JR

70 Philadelphia: Asante Samuel Jr Florida State JR CB
72 Detroit: Greg Newsome II Northwestern JR
73 Carolina: Tyson Campbell Georgia JR CB
75 Dallas: Pete Werner Ohio State SR LB
78 Vikings: Robert Hainsey Notre Dame SR OG/OT
83 Chicago: Walker Little Stanford SR OT
85 Titans: Jay Tufele USC JR DT
86 NY Jets (From Seattle): Ben Cleveland Georgia RS SR OG
90 Vikings (From Ravens): Hunter Long Boston College RS JR TE
92 Green Bay: Ifeatu Melifonwu Syracuse JR CB/S
*102 49ers: Tommy Togiai Ohio State JR DT

4th
111 Cincinnati: Adrian Ealy Oklahoma JR OG/OT

114 Denver: Ronnie Perkins Oklahoma JR OLB/DE
115 Dallas: DJ Daniel Georgia SR CB
123 Philadelphia (from Miami): Justin Hilliard Ohio State RS SR OLB
129 Seattle: Adetokunbo Ogundeji Notre Dame RS SR DE
133 New Orleans: Dylan Moses Alabama SR ILB
134 Vikings (from Buffalo):Amon-Ra St. Brown USC JR WR
*138 Dallas: Rashad Weaver Pitt SR DE
*140 Pittsburgh: Nico Collins Michigan SR WR

5th
149 Cincinnati: Kenny Yeboah Ole Miss SR TE

153 Detroit: Mustafa Johnson Colorado SR DT
154 NY Jets (From Giants): Josh Palmer Tennessee SR WR
155 49ers: Anthony Schwartz Auburn JR WR
167 Seattle: Tommy Doyle Miami OH RS SR OT
168 Vikings (from Balt / Pitt): Jose Borregales Miami FL RS SR K
170 Jacksonville (from Cleveland): Daelin Hayes Notre Dame RS SR DE
175 Chiefs: Trill Williams Syracuse JR CB/S
*180 49ers: Noah Gray Duke SR TE
*182 Atlanta: Shaka Toney Penn State RS SR DE
*183 Atlanta: Deommodore Lenoir Oregon SR CB
188 Patriots (from Houston): Paddy Fisher Northwestern RS SR ILB
185 Chargers (from Titans/Jack): Patrick Johnson Tulane SR OLB/DE
189 Philadelphia: Ian Book Notre Dame RS SR QB

6th
190 Cincinnati: Lorenzo Neal Purdue RS SR NT

192 Dallas (From Detroit): Dez Fitzpatrick Louisville SR WR
193 Carolina: Ernest Jones South Carolina JR ILB
194 49ers: Devery Hamilton Duke RS SR OT/OG
197 Patriots: Luke Farrell Oho State RS SR TE

202 Cincinnati (from Houston/Miami): Nick Niemann Iowa RS SR OLB

206 Colts: Wyatt Hubert Kansas State JR DE
209 LA Rams: JaQuan Bailey Iowa State RS SR DE
*222 Carolina: Dyami Brown UNC JR WR
*223 Vikings: Blake Gallagher Northwestern SR LB
*228 Chicago: Thomas Schaffer Stanford RS SR DE
230 49ers (from Jets): Jonathon Cooper Ohio State RS SR DE
231 Miami (from Houston): Evan McPherson Florida JR K

7th
235 Cincinnati (From Detroit): Dazz Newsome UNC SR WR

238 Dallas: Shane Buechele SMU RS SR QB
239 Denver (from Giants): Javian Hawkins Louisville RS JR RB
242 Patriots: Ben Mason Michigan SR FB
246 Washington: Tuf Borland Ohio State RS SR ILB
250 Seattle: Tyler Vaughns USC RS SR WR
254 Pittsburgh (Baltimore): Antjuan Simmons Michigan State SR OLB

Not a bad Bengals draft by any means, but I think they will go in a few different directions, and I certainly would.  I listed other options after each pick, even the ones I liked, just for feedback.  I think you are crazy low on Dyami Brown, i think he ends up a Day 2 pick.

Perfect with the Chase pick, it's really what I think they do with bringing in Reiff and how thin they are at WR after Boyd and Higgins.

That seems a little rich for Radunz imo.  Maybe after a trade down (Taylor likes to trade down in the 2nd, was looking to last year but thought Higgins was too good to pass on).

I like the Twyman pick, an athletic 3 tech who can rotate in with Ogunjobi and build towards a bigger role in 2022 if we can't retain Larry.

I'm not sure if Ealy is a good fit with Frank Pollack at oline coach for the Bengals.  He likes guards a little more athletic, and while Ealy might be a decent road grater, he also has issues with speed.  He's definitely a G all the way at the pro level.  NFL DE's would eat him up on the edge.

I do think the Bengals take a TE to be TE3 and maybe grow into TE2 in a year or two, so can't rule Yeboah out, but I think they go for a TE 250+, that seems to be a threashold on TE's the Bengals draft.

I think the Bengals are comfortable with NT depth with Reader and Tupou, and Wren can do it in a pinch.

I like the Niemann pick.  Wilson, Pratt, and Davis-Gaither are going to get their shot this year, but more depth is a need, and for special teams play.

I definitely think the Bengals take at least 2 WR this draft.  WR and Edge seem very likely to be multi pick options for them given the current depth chart.  Newsome seems like a solid bet with a 7th rd pick.

Given how your board is, this is how I would have drafted:

5. JaMarr Chase, WR, LSU
38. Liam Eichenberg, OG/OT, Notre Dame (G this year, bump out to RT in 2022)
69. Jay Tufele, DT, USC
111. Ronnie Perkins, Edge, Oklahoma
149. Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina
190. Luke Farrell, TE, Ohio State
202. Jonathan Cooper, Edge, Ohio State (or maybe Evan McPherson, K, Florida, hard to tell if the Bengals will finally draft a kicker they've needed to for 3-4 years now)
235. Anthuan Simmons, LB, Michigan

• Like 1