Rumor: Raiders pursuing a 3 team deal to acquire Dehshaun Watson

NYRaider

12 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

The level of quality FAs would take a hit if you were to get Watson for sure cause of his contract, but the cap should be back to normal in a year so that would help it as well. 

Mayock's ability to identify talent in free agency isn't anything to write home about anyways. 

9 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

No I did not.  What happened last year is part of the reason why I would not put him in that category.  The team had some major issues so I do not put it all on him.  I have reservations about putting him there until he shows last year was an anomaly.  Also why I would be careful of giving up to much for him.  I said I would put him in the range of halfway between Carr and the elite.  It would be a toss up for me between Allen and Watson.  I would probably take Allen because I do not think the light bulb has even gone off in Allen's head yet.  

I honestly didn't even watch a single Texans game.  I have no idea how his stats look the way they do and they still somehow went 4-12.  Just weird to see it altogether.

15 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I honestly didn't even watch a single Texans game.  I have no idea how his stats look the way they do and they still somehow went 4-12.  Just weird to see it altogether.

Their defense was worst then ours, they had the worst pass blocking OL in the league, the worst rushing attack in the league, started the season with 5/7 games against KC, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, and Green Bay. And then had a coaching switch mid-season.  

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Their defense was worst then ours, they had the worst pass blocking OL in the league, the worst rushing attack in the league, started the season with 5/7 games against KC, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, and Green Bay. And then had a coaching switch mid-season.  

I remember that part of the season.  I knew they were a good team to start the season but with that brutal line up, there was just no chance to start off strong.  That can really take a toll on a team too.  But yeah, I know their roster was essentially garbage.

Just now, Jerry said:

I remember that part of the season.  I knew they were a good team to start the season but with that brutal line up, there was just no chance to start off strong.  That can really take a toll on a team too.  But yeah, I know their roster was essentially garbage.

They had one of the hardest stretches to start a season in NFL history. IIRC it was the first time a team played the reigning Super Bowl MVP (Mahomes) and regular season MVP (Jackson) in their first two games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree with everything you've said but the question remains are the Raiders considered a real organization who can win?  I don't believe they currently are.  They haven't been able to win anything for 2 decades and frankly have been one of the worst ran/managed franchises over that span.  If I was Watson there is no way I would agree to come to Vegas and until they can prove they are not a dumpster fire and can get some talent on this team, no quality player with a no trade clauses would ever say yes to playing here as it currently stands and I don't blame them.  95 plus percent of teams in the league are much better landing spots for a player like Watson than we currently are....

Valid point.  I can only guess but I doubt we’re option 1 to Watson but I think we’d at lease be on his possible teams to trade me list 

Some food for thought. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Baltimore

In Flacco's last season starting: 305 ypg, 24.6 ppg

In Jackson's two seasons starting: 385 ypg 31.2 ppg

Kansas City

In Smith's last season starting: 375 ypg, 25.9 ppg

In Mahomes three seasons starting: 406 ypg, 31.0 ppg

Tennessee 

In Mariota's last season starting: 312 ypg, 19.3 ppg

In Tannehill's time as a starter:  400 ypg, 30.9 ppg

Buffalo 

In Tyrod Taylor's last season starting: 302 ypg, 18.9 ppg

With Josh Allen starting this season: 396 ypg, 31.3 ppg

One last thought about this potential move. Us giving up future draft capital doesn't hurt as much in theory because we've had 5 1st round picks in the last two draft cycles plus Mullen who was a 1st round talent taken in the early 2nd. So we already have a bunch of young, highly drafted players on the roster. 

If we do make a move like this we need to free up some space, go after a starting FS like JJ3, and a starting DT in free agency. And then invest the rest of our draft capital into the defense. After that we just have to hope that our young guys like Crosby, Ferrell, Mullen, as well as the guys we paid like Littleton and Kwit can play better in a different scheme. 

Edited by NYRaider

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Valid point.  I can only guess but I doubt we’re option 1 to Watson but I think we’d at lease be on his possible teams to trade me list 

You appear to be logical and understand football.  Tell me what I am missing?

Our D is a disaster as we have no player that is close to elite.  That is a fact.We have holes everywhere and terrible depth.  This D is a few years away from being competitive and that is contingent on good FA signings and hitting on key draft picks.  We clearly have not been able to do wither for two decades. 

On O we have Waller and Hudson that are top 5 players for their positions.  Jacobs lacks explosiveness and averaged 3.9 YPC last season.  Who knows if Ruggs will ever develop but he is clearly very raw and has a lot of work to do to live up to his draft status.  Edwards is super raw. NA is a FA and is at best a number 2 with sketchy hands.  We have a HC that makes funny faces and talks a good game but has proven zero since coming back into the league other than he knows how to still rob the Davis family.  Mayock in two years has been a disappointment with bad FA signings and bad reaches in the draft.  

Why on earth would Watson want to come here when he can have his pick of teams that are much closer than we are?  I don't care how much @NYRaider tries to compare this situation to KC, reality is this situation is nothing like KC before Mahomes took over.  It's all opinion and conjecture on his part and let me tell you that Watson, his agent wouldn't nor anyone around the NFL would liken this situation to KC before Mahomes.  No one....

If Watson didn't have a no trade clause I would put more believe into these rumors but for the reasons I have stated above most likely the rumors are pure click bait luring in people like NYRaider LOL

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

FWIW just saw a rumor that we're in discussions with Chicago and Houston. 

Raiders receive: Deshaun Watson

Bears receive: Derek Carr

Texans receive: #17, #20, Raiders 2022 1st, Bears 2022 1st (And likely a few more picks from us) 

I honestly think carr to Chicago is best for carr. Imo he was never the same after Mack left they were hella close. 

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

FWIW just saw a rumor that we're in discussions with Chicago and Houston. 

Raiders receive: Deshaun Watson

Bears receive: Derek Carr

Texans receive: #17, #20, Raiders 2022 1st, Bears 2022 1st (And likely a few more picks from us) 

Got a link? I think we'd definitely give up a 2021 1st and 2022 2nd, but I could see us giving up two firsts for Derek Carr.

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I honestly think carr to Chicago is best for carr. Imo he was never the same after Mack left they were hella close. 

Apparently Houston/Vegas are in talks with New England, Indianapolis, Chicago, and Washington about a 3 team deal. Where we'd send Carr to one of those teams, they'd send two first round picks to Houston, and we'd send two first round picks to Houston. Hell I'd even be willing to give up our 2021 and 2022 second round picks as well. So Houston would be receiving two firsts/one second in 2021 and two firsts/one second in 2022. It'd put them in a nice spot to rebuild quickly because in 2022 they'd have 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks. 

We bring an interesting dynamic because we're the only team that has a QB who a team in win now mode would likely give up two 1sts to acquire. Carr going to a team like Indianapolis, Chicago, or New England would be a huge boost for them and give them a chance to win now. 

The only other veteran QB's available are guys like Jimmy G or Wentz. But Carr at his best was better than Jimmy G at his best, he is coming off of an injury, and he makes more than Carr. Wentz has flashed but he has been meh, has injury issues, and makes more than Carr/is a bigger financial commitment long-term. It also helps that Carr is coming off of arguably the best year of his career.  

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Got a link? I think we'd definitely give up a 2021 1st and 2022 2nd, but I could see us giving up two firsts for Derek Carr.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bears/news/is-derek-carr-last-best-bears-hope-to-avoid-mitchell-trubisky

The report made in the Las Vegas Review-Journal about the possibility of the Raiders offering four first-rounders for Watson to Houston included two first-rounders they would get from either the Bears, Colts, Washington or Patriots. They would be offering Houston first-rounders for several years into the future.

• Like 1