Rumor: Raiders pursuing a 3 team deal to acquire Dehshaun Watson

NYRaider

Here's an example trade + mock off season. The only position we 1,000% need to address for sure is DT. I think we can all agree our position group there is Bottom 5 in the league. DT2 rotation between Hankins and Hurst for Run Stop/Pass Rush is fine. But we need a complete DT1.

(from last page)

Raiders/Washington/Texans

Raiders get:

Deshaun Watson

Washington gets:

Derek Carr

Raiders 2022 2nd

Houston gets:

Raiders 2021 1st

Washington 2021 1st

Raiders 2022 1st

Washington 2022 1st

A good player from the Raiders of Houston's choosing (I'm protecting Waller/Ruggs/Mullen, anyone else is for sale). Hopefully they pick Abram?

Raiders 2021 2nd Round Pick: DT Christian Barmore

Raiders Sign: WR Allen Robinson

I personally love Robinson and would be one of the few WR's I'd actually pay.

Projected Offense:

QB Deshaun Watson

RB Josh Jacobs

WR1 Allen Robinson

WR2 Henry Ruggs III

WR3 Hunter Renfrow/Bryan Edwards

TE Darren Waller

LT Kolton Miller

LG ???

C Rodney Hudson

RG ???

RT ???

RIchie, Gabe, and Brown are all question marks to return. But I'm sure we would solve the line in some shape or form.

Edited by BayRaider

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Houston wants nothing to do with Carr. They probably want 4 1st's, and a good player.

speculation tbh

if Jack Easterby is running the show Derek Carr is basically a pastor while being a quality starting QB and that could easily be appealing to them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

speculation tbh

if Jack Easterby is running the show Derek Carr is basically a pastor while being a quality starting QB and that could easily be appealing to them

I sincerely doubt Houston wants the name Carr anywhere close to their franchise. That's why all these rumors that have come out have all been strictly "3 team".

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Made some great points on who wrote the story

He makes a good point about Watson being 4-12 with a bad team.  Clearly he’s a great QB but just like Carr if you don’t have a good team he can’t win.

the guys a pompous jerk tho... he rubs me the wrong way.... but he is spot on at times

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Houston wants nothing to do with Carr. They probably want 4 1st's, and a good player.

Sorry I meant The picks we’d get for Carr

so Houston wants 4 1sts and 2 2nds for Watson? 
if I was Mayock and they said that to me in tell them to never contact me again and page my secretary and tell them to use my credit card and go on http://www.****express.com and send their GM the biggest, best gift basket that had.

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Sorry I meant The picks we’d get for Carr

so Houston wants 4 1sts and 2 2nds for Watson? 
if I was Mayock and they said that to me in tell them to never contact me again and page my secretary and tell them to use my credit card and go on http://www.****express.com and send their GM the biggest, best gift basket that had.

The other two firsts wouldn't come from us. It'd be part of a three way trade. Someone gets Carr, and that team that gets Carr gives Houston two firsts, along with our two firsts, totaling four. We'd have to give a 2nd back to the team receiving Carr, because Carr isn't quite worth two 1st's. In this trade, the Raiders lose Carr, 2021 1st, 2022 1st, and a 2nd Round Pick.

As for Watson, it's fair trade value. He is worth about five 1st Rounders.

Edited by BayRaider

16 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

He makes a good point about Watson being 4-12 with a bad team.  Clearly he’s a great QB but just like Carr if you don’t have a good team he can’t win.

the guys a pompous jerk tho... he rubs me the wrong way.... but he is spot on at times

Raiders are not a bad team. They had a bad defense. Carr won 8 games with a bad defense. Watson and an improved defense... what's that get you?

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Raiders are not a bad team. They had a bad defense. Carr won 8 games with a bad defense. Watson and an improved defense... what's that get you?

Especially if we can get a DT in the second round, I really do like the Late 1st/2nd Round DT class. Abram/Heath/Harris isn’t the most ideal Safety Tandem in the league, but would at least be improved with more pressure.

Watson/Robinson/Ruggs/Waller = probably the #1 or #2 Pass O in the league. A Top 5-6 Run O. And hopefully the D can hold teams to under 30, that’s all we would need. Plus the D can improve over several years, Watson is a 10-12 year investment. 

Edited by BayRaider

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yes, with Carr, you need to invest heavy money into the OLine. Not so much with Watson. Use that cap space on defense. I’d still like Watson to have a good line but he doesn’t need a Top 5-7 Elite caliber line.

And what makes you think Mayock will draft good defensive starters with those firsts? The fact is, if we get Watson, we have a Elite QB to compete with Mahomes for a decade. That’s a long time to build a defense. And with someone like Watson, you don’t even need a Top 5 Defense. Something like 10-12 range would be more than efficient. 

We have been a dumpster fire organization for the last 20 years.  We have major cap issues, a below average WR corp with our top producing WR heading into FA, an aging Oline with possibly two starters not coming back next year, a RB that many of you homers on here call elite but averaged 3.9 YPC last year and that Defense...  Don't get me going on that heap of trash, the worst D of the last decade and last season showed more of the same.

All I could do last offseason was laugh at your ridiculous mocks and nonsensical posts trying to justify how Brady was coming to LV and we were going to deal Carr for a 2nd rounder.  Just the fact that you thought a bright guy like Brady would consider coming to LV was a joke in itself because anyone who understands football (that clearly includes Brady) knew that it was impossible as he would have looked worse than his last two average years in NE considering he would have had to play with one of the worst D's in the NFL. 

We can't draft, FA wont come here unless we overpay and when they do they underperform, we have a HC who has proven nothing since coming back.  What makes you think that Watson would want to come here considering he has a no trade clause in his contract? 

34 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

We're not a bad team?  Outside of Waller and a 31 year old Hudson what studs do we have on either side of the ball?  You call Jacobs elite but he lacks explosiveness and averaged 3.9 YPC last year.  Our WR's are at best average, our depth is terrible and don't get me going on our D.  Our Oline is aging and we had two key pieces out the majority of the season and those two players could very well not come back next season.  What on earth makes you say we have a good O other than your opinion that is clearly very flawed. 

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

25th in red zone scoring. Watson no doubt elevates that stat. I'd say +3 in the win column. And I don't think he slides off a 6-3 start. 

do we get to the redzone as much though?!
the simple answer is probably yes, watson on 3rd down would run for a whole lot more conversions. 

but i do think Carr has been very effective at moving the ball for us, obviously redzone struggles, but to assume anyone can come in and just pick up where carr left off is a little misguided. 

that said, if our redzone attempts go down, and our percent goes up it all equals out. 

Watson makes our O better no doubt