Where do the 2020 Buccaneers rank among SB Champions?

CP3MVP

23 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That only bolsters my point. The argument was that few other teams have had to win so many road playoff games on the way to the Super Bowl. But this wasn't a normal year with a normal homefield advantage. 

It doesn't bolster either point in this argument.  Other teams in the past had "real" HFA whereas home teams in 2020 didn't.  You can't really compare either in a fair way.  Home field or away.

2020 was an anomaly at this point. 

This goes back to the point I was making about being careful when using the COVID card. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

9 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

It doesn't bolster either point in this argument.  Other teams in the past had "real" HFA whereas home teams in 2020 didn't.  You can't really compare either in a fair way.  Home field or away.

2020 was an anomaly at this point. 

This goes back to the point I was making about being careful when using the COVID card. 

I don't think you understand the point. The Bucs didn't have any home games in the playoffs, outside of the Super Bowl (which is typically a neutral-site game). The original poster was attempting to use the fact that few teams have won a Super Bowl while entirely playing on the road as support for the 2020 Bucs being a special team. But COVID largely neutered homefield advantage. So they weren't playing under the circumstances typical road teams do. I don't know where you think home games fit into this discussion. The "COVID card" is perfectly appropriate in this discussion.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't think you understand the point. The Bucs didn't have any home games in the playoffs, outside of the Super Bowl (which is typically a neutral-site game). The original poster was attempting to use the fact that few teams have won a Super Bowl while entirely playing on the road as support for the 2020 Bucs being a special team. But COVID largely neutered homefield advantage. So they weren't playing under the circumstances typical road teams do. I don't know where you think home games fit into this discussion. The "COVID card" is perfectly appropriate in this discussion.

Yes, you're right in general (which is why I originally said you are not wrong).  However, both sides are doing nothing but assuming at this point because of how different 2020 was due to COVID.

I get what you are saying.  Road teams were easier this year so they shouldn't be put on a pedestal in the same fashion as say the Packers. And I agree. But you also can't just discount it either. 

I'm not fighting for either side here. I'm simply saying 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Idk, a Florida team having to go into Lambeau field in January is tough any way you cut it.

People act like fans are the only relevant thing about homefield advantage. While it certainly plays a part, it's far from the only thing. It's the fact that the Bucs had to Travel from DC, to New Orleans and then to Green Bay in 3 consecutive weeks. It's the fact that 2/3 games they had to play were in cold weather cities while being a warm-weather team. It's not being able to sleep in your own bed the night before a game. 

The COVID angle is overrated for the playoffs.

There were no crowds in most regular season games.

There were crowds in almost all playoff games.

NFL teams were 6-3 at home in the playoffs in games not involving the Bucs. Adding a 2-0* road team on top of that is still an outlier.

*I think the WFT game was in an empty stadium.

Edited by SkippyX

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

PFF has Devin White as a 43.4 this year?

Are they being ironic? Is it some kind of inside joke?

He was a monster in the playoffs.

From them;

30. DEVIN WHITE, LB, BUCCANEERS
GRADE: 46.9 | POSITION RANK: 69

It's not exactly going out on a limb to say this ranking for a player who was a second-team All-Pro linebacker will turn some heads. To start with his strengths, White has the kind of athleticism and sideline-to-sideline ability that teams covet at the linebacker position, and it is a big part of what makes him one of the best blitzing threats in the league. However, his PFF grade sits where it does because he often finds himself taken out of both run and pass plays as a result of simply being out of position or overpursuing.

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

PFF has Devin White as a 43.4 this year?

Are they being ironic? Is it some kind of inside joke?

He was a monster in the playoffs.

Their LB grades are among their sketchiest. 

We've dedicated some quality time to the subject in the Ravens forum. After they graded out Patrick Queen as essentially the worst starter in football with like a 20 something grade. It's not even worth digging into, trust me. Like every 1st Round LB from the past 3 years has a mediocre or terrible grade for them.

The last 10 SB champions by DVOA

1.)2013 Seahawks

2.)2020 Buccaneers

3.)2019 Chiefs

4.)2016 Patriots

5.)2017 Eagles

6.)2014 Patriots

7.)2015 Broncos

8.)2018 Patriots 

9.)2012 Ravens

10.)2011 Giants

Edited by CP3MVP